It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for christains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I swear the more and more I walk in this world. I'm surround by real live vampires. Everyone one around you most people all they do is suck and take. Suck and take. The bible calls them wolves maybe demons. Even my own sins have stop me from having any connection with my family.

In the next days my life should take me somewhere else. I have no clue where my path is, Where I should be going. I want to change my life but it's hard to change your life when there no clear choice. Money in this world changes everything. With it I could change my situations in life. Money saves lives.

I should of gone to College a long time ago. But somehow I dout i need a regular college. I thought about bible school or bible college. But I have no clue about those things or financing. I look online a little but most cost money. Money I don't have. Godbless

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

So what is the question? I don't see one in your post.

As for your perspective, the world can be a dreary place, to be sure. If you find yourself more and more isolated and unhappy, please seek help. The world can also be a wonderful and joyous place, but sometimes we need the direction of others to open that door.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I should of gone to College a long time ago. But somehow I dout i need a regular college. I thought about bible school or bible college. But I have no clue about those things or financing. I look online a little but most cost money. Money I don't have. Godbless

The irony in your statement is beautiful, however I would recommend a further education. If it's money you worry about, MIT gives away, for free, their entire course-load (notes, videos, leactures etc.). Theoretically, one could do entire MIT courses for free if they're willing to make some minor sacrifices to their busy schedule. You may have to buy a text-book.

Take a look, self-teaching is one of the most important things one can do: MIT's Free Online Course Material

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You have everything you need already. You are a picture of my nephew from the sound of it and I give him the same advice. The only thing you do in this life falls under these two categories:

1) You Think
2) You Move

You don't do anything else and either do I. The quality of these two is possessed by all of us equally. So, what makes the difference? Choices. You express choices to move and think by your will. All of what you express that makes you what you are will reflect these two actions into the reflection of your image. You created that image by choosing according to will.

As you note in your post, the will to take shows up in the world all around you. This is because objectivism says that taking is the right thing to do for self. In reality, it is the reason for suffering. What happens if you smoke? You get cancer. Why? You took something that you did not earn. This makes you a thief. We are all thieves. Taking reward ends in suffering. What if you reverse the will to take and give instead.

What happens if you don't smoke, but instead, you go to the gym and workout? You produce health from suffering. All reward that is worth possessing is the result of suffering for the gift that is earned. I say gift because all things that are earned must be given away. Unless you give them away, you are taking them and taking leads to suffering again.

It's a direction

R = S = R

Reward taken leads to suffering. Suffering first leads to reward. You are in the state you are in because you have an imbalance between suffering as a cause and suffering as a result. You are suffering heavy on the side of taking reward. The more you open yourself up to opportunity, the more it becomes available to you. This works in opposite. It all depends on whether you are suffering forward for the opportunity or missing it by being absent from the process.

How do you overcome the debt that you have created? The secret is in your will.

God shows us that our will must be giving and receiving only. A gift that is given must first be earned. Suffering is part of this. Once it is earned, it multiplies when given away. Work a job and your family gets the reward. Giving it to them becomes your own reward in the end. A loving family will care for you as well.

If you live as a thief, the reward you take becomes the debt you pay later. You are paying the debt now. Simply reverse your will and suffer to give. This will fix your situation quickly.

Consider this:

In mathematics, if you owe three people $10, then you are negative $30 (3 X -10 = $-30). If the lenders then say, "We forgive you for this debt because we love you," then you are free from that debt by another negative. You have just had three subtractions of -10, making you three positives of $10 (-3 X -$10). Your debt is -30 + 30 = Zero. Jesus died a horrible death to pay our debt, walking us back to a positive value. Only two negatives multiplied can make a positive. Debt must be paid, yet Christ offers to pay it for you.

The second way you get out of your mess is tied to the first. Express the will of God to take the name (Character) of Christ. When you do, you instantly drop the debt and begin to see the reward of taking the name. If you take the name but not the character, you take the name in vain. Christ must give you that name first. You receive it. Did he give it to all of us? Then you must give it away by your own suffering for others. It's the way of the cross and the cup we bear.

Suffer and you will see reward, but not until you give it away. How did I earn the gift I give you now? You can't see the fault in another without seeing it in yourself first.

edit on 28-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
one word, Perception....

that being said the only way to remove yourself from a situation you dont like is to actually remove yourself from it.

go to college it sounds like the best way to change your life.

stop looking at people like they are vampires they are every bit as human as you and have feelings just like you. Everyone is out to survive

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You make of what you want in this life by your own actions.

If you want to be happy, then let yourself be happy and show that to others.

As for those "vampires"...there's all sorts of them out there. Some will drain you of your energy, of your happiness, of your positiveness. Those people you avoid. Put them out of your life.

You create in your mind the sort of life you want.....do you want to be positive? Do you want to be happy? Then make it so.

Have you ever met people who were poor in money riches? Poor in health? Yet they seemed to be content and positive and were kind to others? And gave you a good feeling inside because you had met them?

Be one of those people, no matter what your finances, health...etc.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Im looking to change my life by take care of it. I run the streets day and night hustling doing things ungodly and sinning. Let's just be seriously i do those things cause. Just siting around doing nothing in life is stupid. It's not like I'm commiting murder or any real sin. Geting high and drunk. The college idea comes from cause i seriously have too change my life an direction. Bible colleges have live on campes. I need to get a real job and career so I can actually live in this world. And spiritual grow. I can't keep walking life like I'm waiting for God to change my situation. I'm Looking to take care of myself. I want work and earn my money and life. But all my life I'm been surround by vampires telling me what I should do.
edit on 28-10-2012 by slymattb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Stay strong in the Lord,

Fight the good fight, and never give in,

Your faith in Christ Jesus and your Walk with the Almighty is not in vain my brother,

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Matthew 7:13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
You Will Know Them by Their Fruits

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Blessings to you and your family,

In the Most Holy Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,

Amen,

AlleluYaH,

and Amen!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

edit on 28-10-2012 by slymattb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Life is more than money and materials,

Is hustling what you think God wants you to do?

Or do you think He'd rather you be out there preaching the Gospel and alms giving?

Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ask yourself, "what is it you want most from this life".
Money leads only to the desire for more money. Then when you have more than you need you covet power, which is nothing more than control over people. Many relish the thought of controlling others. Such as some of our leaders do at the moment.
But you do not sound like someone that wants power or control over others. You simply want enough to be satisfied in this life and be fulfilled.

So what is it you seek? I am retired now, but when I graduated from High School I attended a Christian College for a number of years. I fell away from God after that and became an RN practicing Nursing until I retired. I did alright but could have done better in the Ministry.
I helped save a number of lives through the years, and I also watched many die.
I preformed well over the years, but now that I look back, my big mistake was that I was supposed to be attending to peoples souls. Their very essence. I failed to do that.
So now that I am retired I am making up for lost time.

What is it you seek? Do you want to do something that will satisfy you? Or do you want to do something that will help others?
Many churches will help pay the way for their members to attend bible colleges. There are also loans available. Regardless of where you go to school or what you end up doing keep in mind, there are those who will not support you. There will be those who will. If you have God, you will never be alone.
I highly recommend the Ministry, or becoming an RN or a Paramedic. Regardless of what happens in a bad economy, or how bad the world gets, you will always have a good paying job, and when you go home you will know you have done a good thing. .....Keep God as your resource. You will do well

edit on 28-10-2012 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Don't go to seminary unless you've been called to minister. There's plenty of preachers who were never called to minister and they muck it up and dead churches are the end result of someone who tries to be a preacher when they do not even believe what theyre preaching and do not believe in Jesus. Some of us are pretty good at spotting fakes, not saying you are a fake, but don't go to bible school if you're not called.
edit on 28-10-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Lol whatever you want to think go ahead and think man. I know what I'm am and what I want. I never ask about a seminary did I. Go with jesus man cause you made no real commite at all. You didn't even have to post if your going to judge someone you have even talk to. Again surround by bad type of people.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Lol whatever you want to think go ahead and think man. I know what I'm am and what I want. I never ask about a seminary did I. Go with jesus man cause you made no real commite at all. You didn't even have to post if your going to judge someone you have even talk to. Again surround by bad type of people.

I wasn't judging you, i was just stating do not go to seminary (some call it bible college) unless you've been called to minister. Not knowing what to do with your life is not a good reason to go to bible college.

Sorry if you took what i said as offensive, that was not my intent.

new topics

top topics

join