GOODBYE cigarettes, alcohol, painkillers and junk food

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yes, you read it right.

As a few of my other posts have broached, I've given up all my vices (all at the same time as well)

Vices included;

1. Cigarettes
2. Alcohol
3. Painkillers (codeine)
4. Junk food

The withdrawal from dropping them all at the same time nearly killed me, but I really wanted to just flush my system out. And I feel AMAZING.

Hard work, but damn I feel 10 years younger already.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

Good for you. How long has it been since you started cold turkey? Wish I could do the same, if you really sincere.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by notyme67

Good for you. How long has it been since you started cold turkey? Wish I could do the same, if you really sincere.

1 week now. Can be done, but wouldn't suggest it for everyone, as it's not an easy ride.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

OK hang in there quite sure you have long journey in front of you. Congratulaions on you"re quest to cleanse body.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Good job and good luck man. I started smoking when I was around 12 and did so off and on until about 18. I had some very stressful stuff happen in my life and started smoking again a few years ago and I quit for my second time about three months ago. For me it wasn't too hard to quit cold turkey but I seem to want to smoke much more now than I did for the first few days after quitting.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
Yes, you read it right.

As a few of my other posts have broached, I've given up all my vices (all at the same time as well)

Soooooooo....your other posts (threads) have "broached"?

General Chit Chat Who wants to quit smoking with me?
Health & Wellness I've given up painkillers
Social Issues & Civil Unrest Alcohol - who really needs it?

Broached - [defn: to bring forward a point, topic, or question for consideration or discussion]

Why not just update those threads you started to keep up in the loop rather than creating a new one just so you can become an attention whor*?

Are you trolling ATS members for S&Fs again?

Is this what you do when you have time during your retirement?

edit on 28-10-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Yes, you read it right.

Soooooooo....your other posts (threads) have "broached"?

General Chit Chat Who wants to quit smoking with me?
Health & Wellness I've given up painkillers
Social Issues & Civil Unrest Alcohol - who really needs it?

Broached - [defn: to bring forward a point, topic, or question for consideration or discussion]

Why not just update those threads you started to keep up in the loop rather than creating a new one just so you can become an attention whor*?

Are you trolling ATS members for S&Fs again?

Is this what you do when you have time during your retirement?

edit on 28-10-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

Am I in breach of any T&C's?

As you seem quite keen on definitions, I will define Troll for you

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[3] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[4] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[5] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

Quite clearly I am not a troll - I am just excited about giving up vices which have controlled my, and countless other, lives.

I thought it would be good to share my journey, and so far people seem receptive - obviously there are trolls such as yourself out there, but you can't please them all!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I've been there gentlemen, and I made it through. If you're feeling weak, listen to this song, the empowering stuff starts at 2:45. Conquer those fools!

edit on 28-10-2012 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Yes, you read it right.

Vices included;

1. Cigarettes
2. Alcohol
3. Painkillers (codeine)
4. Junk food

The withdrawal from dropping them all at the same time nearly killed me, but I really wanted to just flush my system out. And I feel AMAZING.

Hard work, but damn I feel 10 years younger already.

Hey congratulations! Let's go have a drink...? How about a cig...? I made you a cake and...you won't eat it. Well, now you're just boring.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hey i'll join in for junk food, i been fast food free for 2 months now.

I don;t do cigs, or use pain killers.

I do have occasional alcohol, 1-3x a month, but that's because of going out. I hate alcohol but the euphoria is good.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Congratulations! Not a lot of people can readily give up the lifestyle that they've been used too. Cheers to that!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I recieved my e cig in mail last night, and I think it will really help me quit, at least if I don't quit the e cig it doesn't have all the cancer causing carp. I'm also quitting monster energy drinks and pop. I was up to 4-5 monsters a day, this week I have had one every morning to avoid headache and a pop with lunch, water and crystal light the rest of the time, yeah I know it has aspartame but better then monster. Hope you quitting is going well. Good luck to all

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
You said codeine is an over the counter drug where you live ( Australia). Is that true? It certainly isn't in the US, prescription only here.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Codeine is available over the counter here in chemists (drug stores) - usually 5-10mg only. It's also a component of a common over the counter cold and flu medication here which has about 9mg codeine. Anything with a higher content is prescription only.

Codeine can be cooked into morphine and thence into heroin, so it's pretty tightly controlled in many countries, particularly the US. I personally have a tray of prescription codeine/paracetemol painkillers in my first aid kit for bushwalking and hiking, so my badassery knows no bounds. I had a wisdom tooth removed a few months ago and was prescribed the painkillers, but didn't take 'em. See? What a badass

Well done on the multiple vice-kicking there Ex-Cdo. I gave up smoking at the beginning of the year so I know it's not an easy thing to do. I tried to get into shape and lose some post-divorce weight gain at the same time as quitting the smokes and found I could only handle one or the other.

Even attempting to kick the meds, the smokes, the booze and the junk food in one hit is a massive effort.

edit on 10-12-2012 by nottelling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Good for you ExCommando.

It may be hard now, and it will get harder, but we're here for you.

Well done for putting another 20 years on your life.

new topics
top topics

join