It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing gears... New music! really need your help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I've shared past releases with ATS before and the feedback is always good... one of the biggest criticisms I ever got is that I don't use enough bass.. I'm now entering my 6th year .. and I've put out about 5 official albums .. since the last one I've been lost on what i want to do .. I like to do industrial, electronic, ambient, piano, new age.. writing an album is hard work.. trying to stay with the theme of the overall compilation.... I decided to nix the album idea and just write what I felt at the time.. but the result ended up being an un-focused mess..

I am proud of some of it and I will link to some of that as well.. but the core of the point is an unlikely thing happened.. a rapper contacted me and asked me to write dubstep backings for his vocals,he's a fan of skrillex.. but I always hated dub step for some reason.. never the less, I accepted and thought it would be easy ... turned out to be way more complex than I thought.. but I finally got some sounds I like.. and rather than go full dub step.. I have been incorporating the style into my own sound.. and I am happy with it.. so I'm nearly half way through a new album... my own, then I'll be working with the rapper..
but what I'm putting out here are clips .. demo works and snippets from what willl be in the final work .. your opinions are always INVALUABLE to me so please listen and give me your honest thoughts.

Rogue: First demo I let anyone hear .. it's more my style than it is dub.. but it includes dub elements.
soundcloud.com...

What's dub got to do with it: Second demo I did, not properly mixed.. but more experimenting
soundcloud.com...

Synthetic Dreams: First properly produced attempt
soundcloud.com...

Apocalypse: THE FIRST real single from the upcoming album
soundcloud.com...

So rip me a new one folks.. what do you think?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I mentioned I'd post some of my non dub stuff that is recent... all unreleased

Longest Night: unreleased piece
soundcloud.com...

Dance Demo: This was a clubby experiment
soundcloud.com...

Last Sunrise: A bit new-agey
soundcloud.com...

One Rule: Full on drum assault, epic score style
soundcloud.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
And if anyone is remotely interested in some of my old stuff ... music.oneduality.com

Not asking anyone to buy .. it's free to listen to .. having something to compare to is nice for me

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Not encouraging .. usually I get lots of replies.. is it that bad? ..lol

top topics

join