It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
5am here in sydney and i just woke up. watching the live feeds on cnn and fox news and looking at all the great links ats members have put up.

too all the ats community in the line of this thing....good luck..stay safe.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by unphased

I have the heat cranking in the house. LOL I am sitting here sweating. But if I lose power, I want to keep warmth a little.

We're on the same page there. Not to mention I have a hookah pipe and 3 days worth of coals. The coals help. =)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
The guy on News 12 NJ just said he expects that 80% of NJ will be out of power tonight!

My God.... If you're in NJ stay on top of that.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by antar
Remember your protective light.

My son has declared himself the protective light. He's wearing a head mounted LED and he has 6 small LED flashlights tied around his waist.

That's adorable. : )

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
There goes the neighborhood.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
There goes the neighborhood.

Is that Ocean city??!??

link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yes, I'm a US citizen. Even my Army veteran husband thinks it's stupid as hell. Your life is not worth standing in front of an old tomb during a hurricane. I read the CNN article that said they disobeyed orders and stayed out there during Isabel, too. Isn't Sandy supposed to be a WHOLE lot more dangerous that Isabel, or Irene? That's what I keep hearing. Since when does standing guard in a cemetery during a supposed monster storm mean more than being safe?

link   

Holy cow! Run Nixie! Run!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
2 minutes ago got the automated call. Schools closed tomorrow too and evac recommended in some parts of Newark. Impact time is 4pm and will last 36 hours. May God protect us.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah

Yes, I'm a US citizen. Even my Army veteran husband thinks it's stupid as hell. Your life is not worth standing in front of an old tomb during a hurricane. I read the CNN article that said they disobeyed orders and stayed out there during Isabel, too. Isn't Sandy supposed to be a WHOLE lot more dangerous that Isabel, or Irene? That's what I keep hearing. Since when does standing guard in a cemetery during a supposed monster storm mean more than being safe?

I agree.

I mean no disrespect when I say that it's not like this unknown soldier is on life support, he's been dead a looooong time and I don't think anybody is down to rob his grave. Especially not considering how cold and windy it is.

I bet if these dudes die they'll receive a bunch of medals too. And if I was in charge they'd get absolutely nothing.

I hope they don't have families.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yup. Montego Bay

Everyone is posting pics to a facebook site.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
first flicker of the lights. electric devices are all in reboot mode and the my little beacon of led lights is all aglow

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I see what you are saying. But I think it is touching that such young soldiers have such integrity.

I don't think Arlington is in any serious trouble.

Worth it or not, it is just that important to them.

It is not just the tomb of one man, it represents all the soldiers who have died fighting. Many don't receive the recongition that they deserve.
edit on 29-10-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm left speechless reading through all the threads of this storm. Can't even begin to understand the forces you have to endure. Love and Light to all!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It's like oh boy here we go.

Well hang in there there's more time.

Shouting on TV the Bayside is getting hit HARD may be devastated!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Bayside reporter needing to take cover now. Pretty intense coverage.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Bayside reporter needing to take cover now. Pretty intense coverage.

Link?? Or City??

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Wind gusts are increasing more and more. I'm gonna move to the basement for now, as my windows are rattling in distress, and stay there hopefully until the storms over (or it floods, then I'll be assed out)...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Northern CT reporting in.

Wind and rain is starting to pick up. Nothing too crazy. about 3-4% without power up here so far. Lights flickered on/off an hour ago. Expecting to lose power today or overnight.

Some branches are down.

After last years ice storm it's hard to imagine what else can break/come down here heh.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Strange question, will this affect ATS servers or otherwise? If there is a major power outage, will we see ATS go down? For some this is a life line to real time events. I would hate to see it go down.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join