It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 46
<< 43  44  45   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Yep, cold indeed. My prayers for those without power.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

$15 Tolls to cross the bridge. I thought Louisiana Politicians where money grubbers, but during Katrina and several storms since the suspended the tolls. I was shocked by this but it was true.

Yall need to vote all of the politicians involved out.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mglsite

You would need to look extremely hard to find a candidate to vote in - in order to vote one of the current lot out.

Anyone supporting a capitalist nationalist agenda (i.e. status quo) whether they wear a red, blue, green or any other colored badge or lapel pin is going to bring us more of the same, only with their own unique flavor.

Agree with your sentiments though!

edit on 6-11-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
We just got power back totally yesterday. What a bad week. I was going to start a new thread about the things that I've learned this past week, but I decided to just post here.

First thing, solar flashlight are worth their weight in gold. We were able to avoid the battery panic all together. Also, a gas stove is a much better investment than the new electric ones. We were able to boil pots of water to stay warm through out the days. Night time was different. We have two kids (2 and 4), and we couldn't leave the water boiling. My husband bought a zero degree sleeping bag a couple months back. We used that with a second blanket on the kids, and they stayed pretty warm for the most part.

We bought a power converter for the car before the storm came. While we didn't have phone service, we were able to keep things charged for the kids. Unfortunately, I came to realize that both of my kids are WAY too electronic dependent. That fault falls on me. That is something that will change too.

We also had a little portable tv. It was a great thing to have, because we were able to get our local channels and stay informed on what was going on around us. Another great thing to have was the hand crank radio.

The freezer stayed cold until the last two days. Filling up gallon ziplock bags w water 24 hours before the outage saved our butts! We did keep some stuff outside, but having the freezer staying cold was a plus. The neighborhood cats show no mercy when you leave food outside.. Can't blame them either.

Antibiotics!! This was a biggie.. Almost our downfall. My son was attacked by a family dog during the storm. Not the dogs fault at all might I add. Animals get scared and nervous too. Anyway, he had to get stitches, and he required antibiotics the next day.. Problem was, everything was closed form the storm. We were finally able to get them from the hospital pharmacy. Just an FYI. The hospitals will fill them. We got our free of charge too. I have more, but I have to get my son to school. I just wanted to post this because I hope some people will benefit from it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
reply to post by kdog1982

Perhaps the cabal/illuminati/whatever can see that many many many people all over the globe are waking up. This is a measure to ensure that everyone is totally focussed on salvaging and rebuilding their lives. The next storm will be - just to be sure - that the people have not gathered enough strength to think about the elections.

Anyone who cannot see that co-incidence is not a valid concept anymore - is going to get themselves caught in an awful life. I can see clearly all the microchips being inserted - lots more vaccines - lots more mental illness being diagnosed and absolutely no freedom of thought let alone speech.

The recent storm, Sandy and more on the way - how convenient for those in power and in the know. I feel for all the people who cannot see what is happening and more so for those that can.

Much Peace...

I thought I was the only one that thought this. It seems so strange that this all started so close to the elections. Something smells really fishy here.

Also, wasn't there supposed to be another storm on the 6th or 8th or something? Nothing happened.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Also, wasn't there supposed to be another storm on the 6th or 8th or something? Nothing happened.

Did you miss it or something?

New power outages on Long Island caused by Athena again left stations with gasoline in their tanks unable to activate pumps. Suffolk County Executive Steven Bellone said the rationing "will ease the challenges residents of the bi-county region are experiencing" after the storm. Cuomo said he understands the panic, seen in lines blocks long for gas across New York City. "The system is coming together slowly," he said. Residents from Connecticut to Rhode Island saw 3 to 6 inches of snow on Wednesday. Worcester, Mass., had 8 inches of snow, and Freehold, N.J., had just over a foot overnight. Some parts of Connecticut got a foot or more. "I've heard from more than one person that they think this storm, in this area, was worse than Sandy -- particularly due to the wind and coastal flooding," said Weather Channel meteorologist Maria LaRosa, reporting from Scituate, Mass.

www.weather.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yeah, it got pretty nasty out last night. Really windy and snowed for the entire afternoon/night. Then it all turned to ice. Was absolutely freezing out.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45   >>

join