It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
last post from baltimore. 9 15 am
high tide is right now, and the walk around the waterfront is only 2 feet from the water. streets are not flooded,
lights mostly on, we were lucky in Fells Point, lots of police and utility vehicles. little foot traffic. only open coffee shop. at alice anna, broadway, the cafe latte da. little foot traffic, certanily no trouble, looters, etc.
picture from back of my sailboat, last evening.. gusts to 50

sandyatfellspoint

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by darkstar57

See that use in post line under your pic? Copy that and paste in to the text box when you edit your post.

Glad you made it through safe. I thought you must be crazy to be out in that......IN A BOAT, but apparently you knew what you were doing.

edit on 30-10-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Rhode Island
We only lost power for an hour last night.
There was the sun shining this am but then the clouds came back.

Here is a video of the Narragansett Towers from a friend's FB page
it's the same spot I posted of the waves crashing yesterday back at the beginning of the thread.
www.facebook.com...

width="640" height="360"> "http://www.facebook.com/v/4848476855245" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="640" height="360">
edit on 10/30/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Toronto is hundreds of miles from all of the serious action of "Sandy", but last night power lines were down in a couple of places in the city and a pedestrian was killed when a sign the size of an SUV was blown out of its frame and hit her in the head.

The visuals from New York are horrendous, but this storm was punching hard even at a long distance.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Wow, NJ gov just gave an excellent press conference.
sounds like NJ and the barrier islands have been hit hard.
Good luck everyone!

edit on 30-10-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Everyone is awake and well. I can hear all the clean up going on. Still no power, I'm imagining it'll be out for a while.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
i hope everyone is safe and sound after seeing this video of NY

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It aint over yet....sadly...more to come as the tropical winds pick up speeds meeting the arctic weather front from the north....not over yet at least for another 24 hours. Sandy + arctic weather front is massive and had not ended its run yet.

There's very much debris lying around, please, please stay in your homes till the hours and the wind speed dies down. Many structures both man-made and nature had been subjected to great wind stresses as well as being bombarded by other debris.

Anything may come lose anytime. The tide will be rising and at its peak, the floods will return.

Please stay home, stay safe, till the meteorologist departments give the all clear, not opinions from anyone else including governors.
edit on 30-10-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Wow, NJ gov just gave an excellent press conference.
sounds like NJ and the barrier islands have been hit hard.
Good luck everyone!

I have just been reading his statement. Wow is all i have to say. He actually sounds like a proper Politician! Congratulations, keep hold of him. Not many of those left in global politics............

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hmm, some nasty longer term affects from Sandy.

Millions of gallons of raw sewage overflowing into river in Howard Co

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Possible to get a link to this press conference? Been looking online to read it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vilhelm

Ha, yes, sorry - it would be helpful, wouldn't it?

I haven't seen his full statement, just extracts. Try this link and scroll down to the relevent section. Was showing as 20 odd minutes ago but then i guess that depends on when you click on the link from when it was posted!

Hurricane Sandy Live

(link title seems rather patronising but there you go).

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

In Ohio, at least 250,000 homes and businesses in Ohio and 60,000 in Michigan were without power.

The Cleveland area and northeast Ohio were being slammed the hardest early Tuesday, with rain and high winds bringing down power lines and knocking out electricity to a wide swath of the area. Some major arteries in the city were closed because of flooding, and hundreds of school districts canceled classes. A section of Interstate 90 was closed because of flooding from nearby Lake Erie.

Snow was reported in some parts of eastern Ohio and south of Cleveland. Snow and icy roads also were reported south of Columbus. Several schools were closed.

Flights were canceled at the state's airports.

Such a late season storm is relatively rare but not without precedent, said Tom Niziol, a winter weather expert with The Weather Channel.

As recently as late October 2010, the storm called the "Chiclone" ravaged the western Great Lakes with some of the highest waves ever recorded on Lake Superior at 26 feet. Still, Niziol said, "it is rare to have a hurricane produce such major impacts on the entire Great Lakes region."

www.weather.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just an update from an hour west of Harrisburg. Power is still on and active, we got lucky on that front and I'm seeing posts from family members so I'm assuming they were just as lucky as well. It's deadly calm right now and still very overcast but no rain or wind anymore. It's beautiful to hear the sounds of silence. I got up about an hour ago and finally got in touch with my best friend last night via her boyfriend's cell. She had let her phone die, I could've wrung her neck if I were close enough, lol. She had me worried sick. Any other Pennsylvanian's left on here with power? Is this thing over and done for us or are we having more harsh weather later today? I'm just wondering because at least here flooding is minimal and everything's calm now but the clouds are still overcast so it makes me wonder if we're in store for more or not. I wouldn't know, I slept through the worst of it. I turned on a fan so I wouldn't have to hear the wind when Sandy finally reached us overhead and I slept through the night.

Gonna get ready and go out soon to assess any more damage around campus and get something to eat. Will go over to my guy friend's later today to hang around, we're going to bake cookies.

My best of love and peace to those poor people in New York that seemed to get the brunt of this storm and for those that had to die, I hope it was quick and very painless.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Thank you Flavian - also a good six minute interview from Gov. Christie on Fox news here.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Doesn't quite seem like its over. Still now power anywhere. Still windy and raining. Freezing rain at times and I could have sworn I saw a few snowflakes. Using my laptop to charge my phone until that dies.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Philadelphia here. Storm was basically non-existent, nothing really going on today except some drizzles and what not.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick
Rhode Island
We only lost power for an hour last night.
There was the sun shining this am but then the clouds came back.

Here is a video of the Narragansett Towers from a friend's FB page
it's the same spot I posted of the waves crashing yesterday back at the beginning of the thread.
www.facebook.com...

width="640" height="360"> "http://www.facebook.com/v/4848476855245" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="640" height="360">
edit on 10/30/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

Sunny here for me too. Whew! My heart goes out to all the people who have been affected negtively in this horrible storm.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
Any other Pennsylvanian's left on here with power? s this thing over and done for us or are we having more harsh weather later today?

Poconos - about an hour north of stroudsburg PA -reporting in. Couldn't get to work until noon. Lots of trees down, the more isloted areas are without power (including me). Flooding appears mimimal at this point, but still calling for rain though tomorrow. Scary night on top of the hill. Watched trees contort in ways I never thought possible without breaking. Gas/supplies available so we should be OK. Girlfriend is from Queens and is worried sick. Family still there and on Long Island. Not looking good in NYC.

I'll check in later - thanks to all of you ATS well-wishers. WE appreciate your support and good vibes you send our way...

Stay safe and warm all.

Tom

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I just got off the phone with my brother who is up near Lake Erie northeast of Cleveland. He keeps his boat on the Grand River and just told me it's looking worse than the 2007 flood. Docks have broken from their moorings and are charging down the river toward the lake.

Lots of flooding all around the Mentor area in Ohio especially near the lake, and it's still raining hard.

Wicked storm.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join