It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Wow, that puts it in perspective. I just checked my weatherbug radar and my mind was blown as to shear impact zone this storm is creating. I live west of detroit and the wind and ice here has knocked out power to half of our town.

My heart goes out to all of you that got the full force of this monster, I pray that you all can get back to normal as soon as possible stay safe, warm, and dry.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
cnn reporting a dam in moonachie has burst. 3 towns flooded.

Here's more info from their local news. Am I the only one that finds it disturbing that police aren't telling where the evacuees are being taken? I hope they're okay but I'd like to know if these people make it back from wherever they are being taken.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rebroadcast

Bit harsh mate ... don't you think ?

Having said that, my first post on this very serious topic, is one of heartfelt concern for the good people undergoing this nasty yet unavoidable act of nature.

I have been to the US. On two coasts as well as a coupla inland states and found nothing but friendly politeness and a genuine interest in learning more of Me,rather than them ' talking it up' about themselves; as per popular opinion.

They have my respect as a visitor whom felt welcomed to their home.
They have equal respect as a friend in need. A friend that has helped us in the past and visa - versa.

Now is the time for helping as best you can.

Not pontificating from the comfort of your warm comfy , hopefully, relatively silent home.

God speed to all those affected...

edit on 30-10-2012 by Timely because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2012 by Timely because: double word and trying to make a small difference.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
FOX covering 6 alarm fires in Queens, NY. Fire Fighters can't get to over 50 homes on fire due to having to move back from high tide coming in. FD reporting many calls for rescue from people trapped in burning buildings, they can't get to them. FD scanners confirms these reports. God help them all....

Des

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
FOX covering 6 alarm fires in Queens, NY. Fire Fighters can't get to over 50 homes on fire due to having to move back from high tide coming in. FD reporting many calls for rescue from people trapped in burning buildings, they can't get to them. FD scanners confirms these reports. God help them all....

Des

That's Horrific !! How must those poor people feel !??

Tragedy unfolding slowly.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rebroadcast

Can you post one? i haven't seen anything like that.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Listening to FD scanner, you can hear the absolute frustration of fire fighters who are being told to move back due to high tide coming in. The reports of people calling for rescue, and can't be reached. It's so horribly sad...

I would have thought that things would have been better this morning, but the gas buildups are starting to erupt, a lot of fires, and no way to put them out.

www.radioreference.com...

Des

edit on 30-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

So, so sorry to hear that Des.

Here in Aus ,we had pretty much - full rolling MSM streaming on various news channels for at least half the day.

Horrendous to watch this all unfold in real time. ( but we do watch ..)

Now it is getting very sad and very real and this type of frustration you mentioned, adds another deeper layer of
Ohhhh ... Now What!

I'm hoping my best for this thing to just die in the arse and leave you all alone!

Edit: those Blokes are as busy as. Good luck to them all !!
edit on 30-10-2012 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hope those firefighters are getting fed well !!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Louisville, Ky checking in again some 700 miles SW of the eye ...

As I reported yesterday by 4pm EST we were under wind advisories, here are the latest updates.

SUSTAINED WINDS OF 30 TO 39 MPH OR WIND GUSTS FROM 40 TO 57 MPH ARE EXPECTED.

Wave 3 News

Louisville, Ky is the center on map. We are expecting rain from Sandy later today and the blue areas on the map are getting pounded with snow. Some 1 to 2 inches per hour up to 1 to 3 feet in areas.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Hey! Clarksville, IN here. I haven't turned on local news or looked into it yet, any idea how much snow we're supposed to be expecting from this?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Very lucky here in South Central Virginia - no damage here but snow and ice just a few miles west or north of us. Good luck to everyone else.
We dodged the bullet.....

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Is their anybody near Keyport, NJ checking in here. I am anxiously waiting to hear from family there.

I know communication is hard for them right now, but the suspense is killing me!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Does anybody know when they are expecting this thing to die down?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

ppl are nuts
edit on 30-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Is there a picture taken five seconds later where they've fallen in? I'd like to see that one.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noncents
reply to post by Tazkven

Hey! Clarksville, IN here. I haven't turned on local news or looked into it yet, any idea how much snow we're supposed to be expecting from this?

unless something really, really crazy happens we are not expecting snow just rain ...

WHEW ! I know right

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz

ppl are nuts
edit on 30-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

Ah, more Darwin Award Nominees !!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Noncents

No snow for you guys. 20/30 mph winds gusts up to 40. 60% chance for rain by noon.
Its gonna be wet and windy in your neck of the woods. Better grab a rain coat.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join