It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by YoureAllNuts

Yeah... Wow - that 4 alarm went to 5 alarm and they couldn't get to it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

edit on 30-10-2012 by TheOtter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
NY Stock Exchange Flooded; False Report

Any reason as to why MSM would try to peddle a false report of this nature? Just mistake maybe?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SCGrits

That photograph states it all. Hopefully people had time to get their families and pets and get out to safety. Regardless if it is a natural disaster, man made disaster or war - it is always so heart breaking to watch helplessly as people, animals and homes are destroyed so needlessly.

Hard to know what to say - only to send thoughts of strength and courage to the survivors and peace for those who did not make it through the storm. I am sad.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by anon4m05

Just business as usual. The mainstream media peddle whatever they see fit - does not have to be an accurate reflection of what is happening.

Is the photograph of the dry floor genuine or a screen grab with a current date stamp on it? Who knows maybe the stock market wants some free time to relax. Hmmm...

Much Peace...
edit on 30-10-2012 by Amanda5 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I've been through 2 floods and 1 fire ---but not both at the same time!! ....my heart cries for them and all the ppl that will be adversely affected by this storm --and it ain't even over yet.....peace, love and white light to all.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Looking at youtube, you would be amazed at how many people are mercilessly mocking and ripping into the US.

Maybe now you'll see that NOBODY likes you around the world.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rebroadcast

I don't like what the TSA does to people at the airport in America and I don't go for their politics but kicking someone when they are down - is shallow. Whether it is America or anywhere else - there are always more good quality people than bad.

No one deserves to lose everything in a disaster. This is not the thread to be sprouting hatred and politics. If this thread was about a disaster in another country - the decent people would still be feeling the same as they are now.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rebroadcast
Looking at youtube, you would be amazed at how many people are mercilessly mocking and ripping into the US.

Maybe now you'll see that NOBODY likes you around the world.

Say that now until their cryin to the US to save them from some disaster...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

what goes around comes around. I hope they realize they are talking about people. If I lose some one I love in this, and I hear a comment about how it was well deserved, then that person will have one angry new Yorker standing over what is left of him. We don't care if they like us, we are a people, not a government. They are plucking a tight chord. People better watch it. Don't go celebrating the misfortune of others, leads to your own.

If NY is left in shambles, the world economy will crash again and for good. Then their families might suffer because of it. Good luck on your bread lines.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Breezy Point now a 6 alarm fire per Twitter #sandy

NYC ARECS ‏@nycarecs #NYC Breezy Point (220 St) fire is now a 6 Alarm with 50 homes destroyed, 10 more burning. No hydrants, flooding restricting trucks.

To you all more knowledgeable than I: Is there a point where they will cut a fire line so to speak, where they can control the fire, to keep it from spreading, since they can't get in to where it is currently burning?? Hope I'm making sense.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rebroadcast

Originally posted by Amanda5

I don't like what the TSA does to people at the airport in America and I don't go for their politics but kicking someone when they are down - is shallow. Whether it is America or anywhere else - there are always more good quality people than bad.

No one deserves to lose everything in a disaster. This is not the thread to be sprouting hatred and politics. If this thread was about a disaster in another country - the decent people would still be feeling the same as they are now.

Much Peace...

This is way more than the TSA.

The US has comitted horrific crimes against the people of this world, and the US Citizens have done nothing to stop it.

Sandy is devine retribution.

Where do you live..? I'd like to personally request a bomb sent your way

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ALL!! ***

This thread will NOT serve as venue to bash the USA or to share your anti-American sentiments.

Our American friends are going through a tough time due to the bad weather. If you are enjoying that, then don't share your enjoyment on ATS as your post will be removed.

As with any other thread on ATS: If you don't have anything productive to add to this thread, then move on to the next one.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

There are many people on this planet who are complicit with heinous crimes against people, animals and the ecology - their race has nothing to do with it. You cannot condemn an entire country just because of the psychopathic leaders - that is narrow thinking. Plenty of people campaign against injustice - some in public and some in private.

What is happening with Sandy is much more than a storm and it would be no less sad if it were another country - innocent people and defenceless animals are going to be devastated, left homeless and even die. This thread is about Sandy and about sending thoughts and comments designed to stimulate the intellect and consciousness of readers - not to start kicking into people when they are down. Generalising is not what intellectual people do.

Much Peace...
edit on 30-10-2012 by Amanda5 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SCGrits

The only comment I can make about your post is with regard to the fire personnel taking charge. As a former Police officer when there is a major fire the area is called a fire ground. The fire chief will take responsibility and the Police do as instructed by the fire chief.

The fire chief can only manage the fire. She/he can give direction for power to be cut if possible and direct whatever action can prevent further damage. Hope this is of some help.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Apparently you can't read. Take it elsewhere. I have a feeling you won't last long here.

On topic..it seems as if NYC is getting it the worst from what I can tell. I have friends/family in the Philadelphia area and they've all reported to be okay.Said it got a bit scary at times but only a few expierenced some flooding and loss of power. I'm in Florida so I know what these storms can do. Hope everyone comes through this okay,including fellow ATS members

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join