It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
What are the chances of having an Earthquake during or after a hurricane? You can't go outside and you sure can't stay in. That would be bad. I had a dream sort of like that last year.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOtter

Awwww. Thanks for that!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
A rather unfortunate instance of bad luck;

Staples Sign Kills Toronto Woman

Stay safe all.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

sorry ill remove it pronto

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Can New Yorkers hold it together and be civil?

I cant speak for the government, but I can speak for myself as a native New Yorker, currently residing in the Midwest.

I have been in NYC through 9/11 and 2 major blackouts. The only people that describe crimes are the MSM, not the local news, as all boroughs have their own news stations, the last black out that happened in August 2003, my local news mentioned nothing of crime, as a matter of fact it was hot and everyone was outside, it was like a block party, the local stores were giving away ice cream to the children, and everyone was chatting, NO CRIME, NO FIGHTS, NO RAPES.

I was in the South Bronx Huntspoint Section, now anyone who knows NYC knows this isnt one of the prettiest areas, but there is a sense of protection that New Yorkers instinctively have for one another, especially in their neighborhoods.

If there is crime, which I would assume would be worst case scenario, at least try not to trust the MSM media for it. Yes NY is known for certain things, not always good things, but until you live there you dont know the mindset. The same as any other community that faces disaster of any kind.

Here is the top news stations that cover all boroughs.
www.ny1.com...

A story about that black out.
Where Have All the Looters Gone?
Why there wasn't more crime during the blackout.

With the odd exception of Ottawa, Ontario, none of the major metropolises hit by Thursday's blackout faced social disorder on a large scale. In New York City last night, street life was not a fearful tableau of pandemonium but a convivial scene of neighbors and strangers sharing candlelight, radio news, and small talk.
In contrast, the last time the lights went out in New York—1977—chaos reigned.

www.slate.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I had a vision of this and this song came on the radio a few days ago

Scary stuff just listen please my friends..

Creedence Clearwater Revival Bad Moon Rising Lyrics
Songwriters: MILLER, EDDIE / WILLIAMS, DUB / YOUNT, ROBERT
I see the bad moon arising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightnin'.
I see bad times today.

Don't go around tonight,
Well, it's bound to take your life,
There's a bad moon on the rise.

I hear hurricanes ablowing.
I know the end is coming soon.
I fear rivers over flowing.
I hear the voice of rage and ruin.
[ Lyrics from: www.lyricsfreak.com... ]
Don't go around tonight,
All right!

Hope you got your things together.
Hope you are quite prepared to die.
Looks like we're in for nasty weather.
One eye is taken for an eye.

Don't go around tonight,

Don't go around tonight,

I worry about you guys over there stay in touch

PEACE
edit on 30-10-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon4m05
A rather unfortunate instance of bad luck;

Staples Sign Kills Toronto Woman

Not if she stayed inside...

Remember, it aint that the wind is blowin'...
it's what the wind is blowin'...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

They wrote this more for Katrina, but what the hell. I'm sure theres Levees on the East Coast too.

It's late. I'm out. Hope everyones night on the east coast is safe and sound.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
possibly us army stepped in but i havent heard anyone over the radio at all so take it with a grain of sand

Convoy of US Army with trucks arrived to help! Whole block on fire, 15 houses in Breezy Pt #NYC #FDNY cant get in and hydrants dry. #sandy

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I found about this thanks to Dj.

everyone on the affected areas in my thoughts,especially my friends- everyone stay safe!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I am in NE Ohio, on the shore of Lake Erie. The waves out on the lake are 20-25 feet at the moment. I have lived here my entire life and have never witnessed waves of this size.

It's both a frightening and awesome display of mother nature's raw power.

I feel so small right now.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
I am in NE Ohio, on the shore of Lake Erie. The waves out on the lake are 20-25 feet at the moment. I have lived here my entire life and have never witnessed waves of this size.

What's interesting is that we're getting reports to brace for 20-25 foot waves here in Chicago, affects from Sandy... Seems like all the Great Lakes re acting strange..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

I hope you guys keep me updated i have a friend i haven't heard
from in the states on the east coast and it has me worried too..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wheels

Does anyone have any news about that dangling crane? That is a potentially devastating situation.

The dangling crane.
How many people in downtown NY?
Too many to miss that one.
There are few accidents.

I'm more curious about the motives.
Speak up folks, comeOn people.
What do you really think?

Reminds me of Rainer Maria Rilke "On Love and Dragons".
Now I have my own ideas though I am more interested in what the 'locals' think.
Problems don't fix themselves as most go 'unnoticed'.

The Crane.....reminds me of a 'jump' where the crane wasn't marked with a chemlight and a trooper broke his leg.
Not mua, though I'm sure that was a mistake as there were so few around.
One the other hand, the Crane of NYC? Common sense alone sais 'somebody' or another reported the issue; no
Seems so sYmbolic for the times.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
no i dont think anyone saw the massive crane falling down yet.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a 10-75 was just called :/

NOTIFICATION OF A FIRE OR EMERGENCY A notification signal transmitted when, in the judgment of the officer in command, conditions indicate a fire or emergency that requires a total response of the following units: 4 Engines, 2 Ladders, 2 Battalion Chiefs, 1 Rescue Company and Squad Company. Officers transmitting a 10-75 shall also state if it is for a fire or emergency and if a building is involved along with the type of building.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Thanks - I didn't know about the Ponies. At least they can fend for themselves until the storm is over. They have their tough skin to be out in the rain. It's the small animals I feel for the dogs and cats that are vulnerable everyday - they don't stand a chance unless a human shows them some care.

I want to make a comment about the mainstream news here in Australia. Don't watch much television at all and I no longer watch the news - but - I was curious to see how the mainstream media might be portraying Sandy in New York via the early afternoon news.

All I can say is that it might sound corny to some people here but there feels like more sense, care, concern and even love is present via this thread. The few minutes of television news that I could stand - was breathless reporters standing in water up to their ankles describing the view. Hopeless - no mention of people and animals no mention of anything on a humane level - just describing what was on the screen - they really do treat their viewers like they have no brain to think for themselves. No wonder I give the television a wide berth.

So to everyone on this site who is sending thoughts of strength and hope and care and concern - keep it coming because you are offering more support than the msm. The communication via this thread - to me - appears and feels so much healthier than the 'other' source.

Be safe - take care and know the storm will end. Many people all over the world are watching with concern.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5

Thanks - I didn't know about the Ponies. At least they can fend for themselves until the storm is over. They have their tough skin to be out in the rain. It's the small animals I feel for the dogs and cats that are vulnerable everyday - they don't stand a chance unless a human shows them some care.

I want to make a comment about the mainstream news here in Australia. Don't watch much television at all and I no longer watch the news - but - I was curious to see how the mainstream media might be portraying Sandy in New York via the early afternoon news.

All I can say is that it might sound corny to some people here but there feels like more sense, care, concern and even love is present via this thread. The few minutes of television news that I could stand - was breathless reporters standing in water up to their ankles describing the view. Hopeless - no mention of people and animals no mention of anything on a humane level - just describing what was on the screen - they really do treat their viewers like they have no brain to think for themselves. No wonder I give the television a wide berth.

So to everyone on this site who is sending thoughts of strength and hope and care and concern - keep it coming because you are offering more support than the msm. The communication via this thread - to me - appears and feels so much healthier than the 'other' source.

Be safe - take care and know the storm will end. Many people all over the world are watching with concern.

Much Peace...
Amanda that was beautifull we all need to stick together we feel for you USA

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Were the 2 blackouts you experienced those of 2003 & 1977? If so, the 2003 blackout was less than 24 hours. The blackout of 77' was 2 days and to quote from wiki "resulted in city-wide looting and other disorder, including arson". They are talking about a probable week of outages for just the 500,000 without power thus far reported and were only 8 hours into this thing. Considering that nearly the entirety of the subway (especially that surrounding the financial district) has/will be flooded I highly doubt it will be fully up and running within a weeks time.

There are so many people that were not prepared properly for this that looting will wind up inevitable for survivability reasons. The National Guard is on the way though, to lock up these malnutritioned for a minimum of 6 months in temporary internment camps, if they are so lucky in that they don't resist. When they tell you to put your hands in the air you better drop that water bottle buddy!

Additionally, there are going to be a massive amount of deaths that will be due to lack of proper planning by officials and they're families will be none to pleased with the people that made those decisions (the authorities) that caused the loss of they're loved ones. When favoritism is shown by the speedy clean up of lower Manhattan and those living in the povertous boroughs and districts thereof are treated like Katrina victims how do you think those people are going to respond?

I imagine with dissension, and that is not to say your not right and that there is a protective sort of connection between native NYer's.. I'm saying that might just be exactly what fuels the dissent.
edit on 30-10-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

New York City - No Comment

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join