It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Reporting from Newark, NJ.

Windy already, poles and wires shaking a bit. Good news : Garbage been taken.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i would like to look at the storm from a different angle...

i read this headline:

" Last train before the storm: Grand Central deserted and subway CLOSED for only second time in history as New York goes into lock down"

Immediately i recalled London Subways were closed just before the UnderGround got racked by bombs.

i think that some covert cells or teams will be installing some types of sabotage devices in the NY subway while everyone is distracted by the shutdown....

This would also be a quite opportune time for the Bank Holiday to commence...
all these factors would constitute an 'October Surprise' for Øbama to declare a national emergency
and to suspend the scheduled election ---especially when the unAmerican policy happened in Benghazi in that an Adfministration turned its back on Americans with diplomatic status & allowed them to be sacrificed~

Link:

Mayor Bloomberg ordered mandatory evacuation of low-lying areas
Subway shut down at 7pm on Sunday - the second time in history
This is only the second time entire MTA network has shut down; the first was for last year's Tropical Storm Irene
New Yorkers rushing to stock up on essentials, clearing out stores

By Beth Stebner and Louise Boyle

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

i may be just sounding like an alarmist,,,, but with this CIC in charge of all Americans lives.... my stomach schurns...guess we all better get Rings like Øbama has on

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This thread is a good idea.

I live in Quebec, the storm - eh, sorry ladies and gentlemen, I meant the Superstorm - is directed straight at us. It's supposed to hit us with 100 km/h winds, and alot of precipitations (some say rain, but I think we could have snow) later this afternoon (around 5 pm, eastern time). For now, it's just tray, and a bit of wind. As we live just off-Montreal, electricity might go off. No worries, I'll just tumble down the stairs, in the darkness, mumble while I shuffle throught the stuff because I hurt my big toe, and get the candles up if that happens.

That's the strongest winds we would ever have since Abraham Linc... Well, since decades.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm hearing reports out of downtown Jersey City if you live basement level you need to evacuate to higher ground. If true I have to say that is a first for me and I used to live there.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I hope this is not some weather-modification trick to induce national emergency in your country. Mount Weather is just waiting for an National Emergency to impose martial law and take possession of governing bodies and civilian ressources.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DetectiveT

Live where? In your basement?

"get on higher levels"? Why not simply get out the building?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

i'm in quebec as well..right now sunny and a bit of wind..lets see where this takes us..i'm ready and waiting

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by andy420

Sunny? You must be on the east coast.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

its cloudy but sunny right now..i'm about 30 min east of montreal

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by andy420

Oh. I'm north of Montreal. Hey, do you think 100km/h is enought to push a small house off? I doubt Quebec has invested in houses that resistant - we rarely get wind.
edit on 29-10-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I have no clue :S I hope not! my parents live in a really old house and 100 km/hr winds kind of scare me..at around 50 km/hr winds the house shakes..i hope they will be ok..i live in a basement so i pray for no flooding..it may not be that bad..my weather network says less 1 mm rain, and winds of 45 km/hr..lets see who's right!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy420
reply to post by swan001

my weather network says less 1 mm rain, and winds of 45 km/hr..

Yeah, right, mine says a bit of rain, but winds up to 90! 90 is just the double of 45.

I think we should, like, just stay out any potential falling building, just in case.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I work 5 minutes from NYC and I'm sitting in my office. No rain yet but the wind gusts are hitting hard and sporadically....my boss said i have no choice but to come to work

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

Oh damn. I hate when bosses put money over safety. It's ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Trueman what more can I say than that I am as all our other members not in the face of the storm with you in spirit. See and visualize a protective light surrounding you, plan for a miracle and be safe.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hey, y'all? You do realize that this Superstorm got formed because the Arctic was so cold, it pushed the jet stream further into the south, and one there it merged with Sandy, which was near Florida? Central Canada is currently receiving snow 'cause it's so cold.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12MoonCats
Hi all! Whats going on with Boston, what are the predictions ? My daughters there!

Not sure but wanted to bump your question.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I have been pondering how the melt offs are affecting this storm...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Although some may find it ridiculous i think everyone should put a hash tag (#) before their city name, county, or location in general, maybe to the benefit of state rescue officials, media, neighbors, and people all over.

Downtown #Baltimore checking in with very constant rain, and increasing wind gusts, in both strength and frequency.
edit on 29-10-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Melts off? You mean the Arctic melting off? Yeah ,right, the Media show us an old pic of Artic in winter, then a new pic in the middle of summer, and says, see? The Artic is melting off. Yeah, sure it does, but what you forgot to say (not you, antar, the media) is that the two pics are taken in different season.

In fact' I looked at the high-res satellite maps of NASA and actually, the waters are lower than usual - super lower. I see tons of exposed sand in south US. Maybe it's just the Moon's tides.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join