It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Just wondering about disease, flooded sewage systems ect.

Could this be wosre than the storm itself?

link   
For everyone effected, please please remember to wait a few days before you get out and take a look around if you can. Don't clog the roads, or waste your gas.

Also remember to play it safe during cleanup. Electric lines can still be live even a week after it came down. Many accidents happen during cleanup.

link   
reply to post by Advantage

agreed. thats when the authorities start stripping away gun rights, when hooligans start looting. me and my wife are watching from texas, and we send all you guys in the middle of this lots of love and hoping for your safety through it all.

link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
CNN just announced that the N.Y. Battery Tunnel is filling with water and that it's a possibly dire situation. What does that mean?

The tunnels are flooding so all subways are closed.

They are talking about it here

CBS News

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
reply to post by Advantage

Yep, you described it just as I remember it! But I had many screams coming from inside, even from the grown men!

I was born and raised in New Orleans and lived in the gulf area many yrs.. Andrew and Mitch ( among the other less terrifying ones) survivor here. Happened to NOT be there during Katrina.
The thing is.. this is worse for the NY area.. they arent prepared for this.. nor are the people mentally prepared for it.
The 2 storms together like this.. its never been really seen before. No comparison to what we've went through in the past in such a large population area.. much less the infrastructure and basic construction types. Going to be a lot worse AFTER the storm subsides Im afraid.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Whelp looks like New York will be in for quit a clean up and mess with all that water pouring in.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by facedye

Jim Cantori just showed the flashing transformers over Jersey City. He said it looks like the Fourth of July.

ETA - sorry not transformers but lines that are down flashing. Maybe an aqua marine color?
edit on 29-10-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I want to repost this link for anyone who may not know. Link
Ive been through many hurricanes and believe me when I say that the worst is after the storm passes. People start acting weird and they do things they normally wouldn't because of the breakdown of their surroundings.

Stay safe!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
CNN just announced that the N.Y. Battery Tunnel is filling with water and that it's a possibly dire situation. What does that mean?

Just means no one can gain access for a few days,thats all.

NYC is out of commission for awhile.
Take care of yourself and you neighbors.
Help each other out.
edit on 29-10-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I want to repost this link for anyone who may not know. Link
Ive been through many hurricanes and believe me when I say that the worst is after the storm passes. People start acting weird and they do things they normally wouldn't because of the breakdown of their surroundings.

Stay safe!

DItto.. thats what Ive been saying.. bad voodoo comes AFTER the storm subsides. These folks arent mentally prepared for it like those of us who grew up knowing a hurricane from hell was around the corner every season. The place is going to look like a bomb went off. All that are left are those who stayed to protecct their possessions and those who want their possessions. I got a nastygram for saying it, too!

Wait till the shipments cant get through and the stores arent restocked.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
its a mega storm cause its close to new york.Where you people get off?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I found the best site for Up2TheMinute Sandy news...along with incredible pics that are contiguously coming in from twitter feeds.

Live Hurricane Sandy coverage along w/ twitter update pics

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Is it just me or are all the cams that Signals and others posted only showing Times Square?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

Hrere again

the Mayor of Hoboken, New Jersey, is urging residents in ground floor apartments to go knock on their upstairs neighbours' doors and ask to stay for the night "because the Hudson river is flowing into both sides of the city

Telegraph

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by edged1
its a mega storm cause its close to new york.Where you people get off?

Its a mega storm because its 2 distinctly different storms converging.. and hitting NY. Where do YOU get off? Not in our recorded data have we seen this. Read up a little.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I can't believe I only have four warnings on the weather site. I expected at 10.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Wind's getting worse here. IT should actually reach here in an hour or so and then I don't even want to think about how bad it's going to get. The lights have flickered a few more times but no power loss YET. I still can't get ahold of my best friend and I'm beginning to get really really worried.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Not much has changed in a while. Not much rain either which is surprising. But the the fact that it keeps being brought up that the storm is "just starting" is a little unsettling.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I Live Just about 70 miles below Buffalo Ny and 30 miles east of Lake Erie..In Chautauqua County NY. So far tonight it started to pick about 9:00pm and has been getting progressively stronger out there. We have strong winds at 30-60 MPH and really really really steady Rain.. I've seen stronger here ..BUT its getting worse as I said..
Ill try to take a photo or two but its really Dark and kinda crazy now..

edit on 29-10-2012 by DjembeJedi because: addition

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
New York daily news building is flooded said on the weather channel.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join