It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Concord, NH here, our wind is picking up now, supposed to get gusts to 60, rain is coming in in bands and very heavy at the moment.
Have been notified that if the power goes out, it will be out for awhile. The power company has said they will not work in this wind.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It won't stop raining , windy, cold here in ne ohio.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
We have no power here, wind is pretty bad, and heard it'll get worse still. Been hearing sirens go off all day. Not looking forward to having to leave for work in a few hours.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Lights keep flickering. The lady across the street looks like she lost a few shingles off her house siding.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Not gunna lie. I live in The Northern Panhandle of WV, about 15-20 minutes from Pittsburgh PA. I'm scared to death of losing power, I have an ill grandmother who I live with and care for. We need our electric for the warmness for her. She is cold when it's in the 50s outside let alone without heat. My girlfriend lives about 10 -20 min from me. I like to talk to her and know she is ok...can't with no electricity because I'll run the risk of running down my cell. What if riots break out? I run out of water? Etc...scary stuff. I filled up as much stuff as I could, but still only amounted to maybe 3 gallons of water sadly.

Maybe they are trying to knock as much communication out as possible? Maybe TPTB, are doing something behind the scenes - rigging elections perhaps more than usual? Maybe it'll be a planned terrorist attack that will drive us into another country? Maybe they will say they have a HAARP (I'm sure we are not the only country with the tech of it [ US ].

Just thoughts.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm in northern Vermont. Wind started picking up here around 4 PM, have seen some heavy gusts but no rain yet (even some patches of blue sky). It's not bad at all where I live right now, but I'm expecting more to come as the evening goes on.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but I love making fun of those reporters standing by beaches and blowing around. Today, one of them fell right on his butt--along with everone else standing near him.

By the time I die, I'll have seen 20,000 reporters on TV during various storm and hurricanes, measuring snow, or standing on a beach or pointing towards the surf.

These sort of stand up reports are just humorous, if you ask me.

'It's windy here in ________" or it's really snowing out here in _______________"

No sh** Sherlock. Thanks for letting us know.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
We are in Southeastern PA.

The rain has been heavy and steady last night and all day today. The wind comes and goes, but the flooding is becoming an issue. Many roads are closed because they are impassable. Creeks are pouring over. They started going door-to-door telling people to evacuate from low lying areas where creeks are overflowing.

There have been scattered power failures and the lights have been flickering. Our electric company has posted: there are currently 18446 customers out of power in 27 counties.

This is kind of scary since the bad stuff is supposed to hit tonight into tomorrow. This is just the beginning.

Schools are closed today and tomorrow. Most businesses were closed or closed early today.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwe9112
Not gunna lie. I live in The Northern Panhandle of WV, about 15-20 minutes from Pittsburgh PA. I'm scared to death of losing power, I have an ill grandmother who I live with and care for. We need our electric for the warmness for her. She is cold when it's in the 50s outside let alone without heat. My girlfriend lives about 10 -20 min from me. I like to talk to her and know she is ok...can't with no electricity because I'll run the risk of running down my cell. What if riots break out? I run out of water? Etc...scary stuff. I filled up as much stuff as I could, but still only amounted to maybe 3 gallons of water sadly.

Maybe they are trying to knock as much communication out as possible? Maybe TPTB, are doing something behind the scenes - rigging elections perhaps more than usual? Maybe it'll be a planned terrorist attack that will drive us into another country? Maybe they will say they have a HAARP (I'm sure we are not the only country with the tech of it [ US ].

Just thoughts.

I dont think you need to worry about riots right now. lol people are only going to go crazy if walmart doesnt open in the next 3-7 days. if that happens then i would worry about riots. lol

if you have a fire place, start chopping up your chairs an build a fire.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Local power company has truck going around looking for fallen trees, trying to find where the power outage up here is originating from. Windy as hell...getting much much colder too....

Generator up and running fine....threw down 4 bales of extra straw for goats in their little winter sheds.....

Remember to take extra precautions for your outdoor animals/pets.....they get scared too....

Des

edit on 29-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Are you along the coast?

I heard quite a few places are out of power.

My husband was down in Wickford helping a friend who owns a building.
He came back drenched. I asked him to get pics but he didn't want his phone getting wet.

At least my baby is a bit older this time - last year sucked because she was only 3 months old when we had last years storm.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
770 000 people without electricity till now

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
NOAA National Hurricane Center website is down ... just as they were supposed to release the 5pm maps and data.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Concerns On Rise As Hurricane Sandy Expected To Hit 26 Nuclear Power Plants
www.eurasiareview.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
We do not have a fire place
. We have gas heat. About it. I don't think it works some how without electric though not sure. No generator either. SOld it when we moved to the city...wish we still lived in the country lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
www.eurasiareview.com...

Holy # man I knew it was a lot cuz I see em when I drive back and forth to NY but 26!?!?!? #WTFAMERICA

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwe9112

Just thoughts.

Fill all your empty pots and pans. Any big plastic bowls and storage containers you have in your cabinets. Fill your bath tub with water, if you have one. Remember, if you do have a long power outage, you have a lot of water in your hot water heater too....

In your Gramma's room, take any old blankets you have, and hang them over the windows inside, it will help keep her room from getting too chilled from blowing wind. Take old T-shirts and stuff them around any cracks in the frame of her bedroom windows inside to keep cold wind from blowing in.

I don't think rioting will be an issue, really I don't. But, keep your cell phone fully charged for only emergency use. Keep lit candles away from hanging material, like drapes and things like that.

You and Gramma will be just fine.....

Des

edit on 29-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

The NOAA National Hurricane Center seems to be up and running. Maybe there's a disconnect between you and them? Here's the 5pm update: NOAA NHC 5PM Report

WATCHES AND WARNINGS
--------------------
CHANGES WITH THIS ADVISORY...

ALL TROPICAL STORM WARNINGS FOR EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA HAVE BEEN
DISCONTINUED.

SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT...

THERE ARE NO COASTAL TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS IN EFFECT.

HOWEVER...THERE ARE NON-TROPICAL HIGH-WIND WARNINGS IN EFFECT FOR
PORTIONS OF THE MID-ATLANTIC AND NEW ENGLAND STATES. PLEASE SEE
STATEMENTS FROM LOCAL NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST OFFICES.

HURRICANE-FORCE WINDS ARE EXPECTED ALONG PORTIONS OF THE COAST
BETWEEN CHINCOTEAGUE VIRGINIA AND CHATHAM MASSACHUSETTS. THIS
INCLUDES THE TIDAL POTOMAC FROM COBB ISLAND TO SMITH POINT...THE
MIDDLE AND UPPER CHESAPEAKE BAY...DELAWARE BAY...AND THE COASTS OF
THE NORTHERN DELMARVA PENINSULA...NEW JERSEY...THE NEW YORK CITY
AREA...LONG ISLAND...CONNECTICUT...AND RHODE ISLAND.

TROPICAL-STORM-FORCE WINDS ARE EXPECTED NORTH OF CHATHAM TO
MERRIMACK RIVER MASSACHUSETTS...THE LOWER CHESAPEAKE BAY...AND
SOUTH OF CHINCOTEAGUE TO EXTREME NORTHEASTERN NORTH CAROLINA.

FOR STORM INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO YOUR AREA...INCLUDING POSSIBLE
INLAND WATCHES AND WARNINGS...PLEASE MONITOR PRODUCTS ISSUED BY
YOUR LOCAL NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST OFFICE.

edit on 10/29/2012 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

Originally posted by xavi1000
www.eurasiareview.com...

Holy # man I knew it was a lot cuz I see em when I drive back and forth to NY but 26!?!?!? #WTFAMERICA

Number of operating reactors in US : 104, this 26 are on the path of Sandy.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Here in DC area...

Still have power but the wind is really waaaaay blowing hard so I cannot guarantee for how long. It looks like the center of the storm is heading straight in up Delaware Bay. Probably right between DC and Baltimore - non-expert view point of course

Still amazes me how many folks keep poo-pooing this storm. I can see the hype argument but maybe the silver lining is more people will err on the side of discretion.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join