It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hoping you all stay safe out there!

I'm from the UK but i work in the States every summer and somehow managed to get stuck in Isaac in New York in '11 and Irene this past summer in New Orleans. I don't have the best of luck with hurricanes apparently so i'm glad i'm missing this one!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

A lot of rain and wind.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Finally, I get to watch a hurricane without having it punch me in the face. This is nice, get to hear about it on the news for once without dreading about having a tree fall on the house.

Brb, going to get some chicken.

link   
I got water in the closet. Sounds like a condition. LOL

And, I have been activated. So I will post when I can between flood proofing my house and working.

I also think that after the storm, we should prepare notes on what steps ended up being the most valuable to you.

So far, mine has been the laser to keep the cats busy from howling to go outside. oh, and towels.

BTW, i am runnning back in forth to my mothers house in a parka to do laundry. Wondering when I am going to get the crazy neighbor label.

link   
Atlantic City is flooding and Belmar NJ has evacuated all 6,000 residents as well. The coast is getting pounded. The power will probably be out for some time too depending on how widespread it gets. There is such a large area to cover there wont be enough workers to go around. If you are in a non-priority area be prepared to wait if it reaches that point.

Trees and power poles down already on highways and major roads and we haven't seen the stronger winds yet either. I expect a lot more as the day(s) wear on.

To whoever asked as I don't have time to go back and look for the name no I used to live in Jersey City not my basement lol. The Jersey City basement/low level evac is voluntary last I heard. I can't even imagine the nightmare of trying to evacuate all the JC residents.

link   
reply to post by KEMIK

Its raining sideways
edit on 29-10-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Might want to take a boat along if you teleport into the eye right now.

Its true... I feel i'm missing out on some action!!

Looks more frightening than 'the exorcist'
edit on 29-10-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

You just made my day

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
my family is on Long Island but i am stuck in Detroit. Just heard that NYC is going to be completely shut down, all bridges and tunnels going to and from Manhattan will be shut down. Also not sure if anyones in NYC but it looks like the wind is taking its toll, a construction crane started to collapse somewhere near midtown.

source Crane Collapse

looking for a source for the closures

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This thing is a monster ...

Sandy making her presence known as far away as Louisville, KY with Winds NW 15-30 mph, gusts to 40 to 50 mph. Wind Advisory from 4 pm today to 8 pm Tuesday. There are even shelters going up

Louisville weather alerts

Noticed it picking up after 1:30 EST today but now hearing stuff blowing around outside my house in Hillview. Can't imagine being in closer to this beast, be safe guys ...
edit on 29-10-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
In this time now in central PA about an hour west of Harrisburg, things are starting to get kind of hairy. The gusts have grown much stronger and they've become pretty sustained. No power loss yet as I post this -knock on wood- and I am offiically staying hunkered down for the evening. Charging all electronics right now waiting for the possibility of total power failure tonight for an indefinite period.

link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Yep feeling and hearing the wind here in Nashville, TN. It is howling outside.

link   
Starting to pick up now. Pretty heavy wind and rain. Branches falling. Worse it's been all day.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulreaper54
my family is on Long Island but i am stuck in Detroit. Just heard that NYC is going to be completely shut down, all bridges and tunnels going to and from Manhattan will be shut down. Also not sure if anyones in NYC but it looks like the wind is taking its toll, a construction crane started to collapse somewhere near midtown.

source Crane Collapse

looking for a source for the closures

Hoping your family is safe.

Here is a link of closures in Long Island.

www.longislandpress.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven
This thing is a monster ...

Sandy making her presence known as far away as Louisville, KY with Winds NW 15-30 mph, gusts to 40 to 50 mph. Wind Advisory from 4 pm today to 8 pm Tuesday. There are even shelters going up

Louisville weather alerts

Noticed it picking up after 1:30 EST today but now hearing stuff blowing around outside my house in Hillview. Can't imagine being in closer to this beast, be safe guys ...
edit on 29-10-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

I can't believe it stretches this far either!!

And then,there's that train derailment down the road here,jeez!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Haverhill Massachusetts here. There are train tracks about 20 feet away from where I work in a very solid brick building. I heard and felt an unusually severe rumble and asked someone, "Whoa, is that a train going by?"

The answer was no. It was the wind. And it's still blowing hard. No way we'll keep our power throughout the day.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick
22,000 without power in Rhode Island

But I still got mine.... for now

Ours flickered and came right back on. Windy as hell. I'm in Rhode Island too.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Here we are seeing gusts from the ENE at about 45-50+ little rain, power is, amazingly, stll on. Location 50 miles North of NYC. Luckily the weak trees and limbs are gone from last year's weather, and 90% of the leaves came down already. The trees are doing a good job of slicing through the whistling wind. I feel for those SW of here that are getting snow. THEY are going to need a LOT of help. I know from what happened last Halloween here.

Hang tight, stay low.

My son and I built some tinker toy structures to test out in the wind. So far our 5 foot truss building held up to about 40 mph winds!

edit on 29-10-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The wind's getting pretty scary here in PA too. The only thing I can do to keep myself calm and find humor in this situation is to see that there is a stop sign tilted slightly in the parking lot and I keep waiting and telling myself "I wonder if it'll blow it over... Is it gonna go?.. Wait.. Here it... AHH! Nope."

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yea, out in West Point, close to Fort Knox ... Never heard what chemicals was released either.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join