It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks, because it's hard to understand what's happening to those of us who live in the projected path...and not in New York City.

Which is ridiculous.

weather.com needs to update everyone in all states effected.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Stay with us as much as you can, this has been a pretty good thread to connect on. I could not imagine what being alone through a bad storm would be like.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
22,000 without power in Rhode Island

But I still got mine.... for now

link   
reply to post by unphased

Yes, everyone I know on the Cape has lost power already.

They're in for a long night.

link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I'm in NOVA, in a basement. Lights flickering and outages down the road. Very windy here, and I keep thinking I hear tree limbs snapping.

Anyone else in NOVA can message me. I live by myself.

Hey, u2u me a phone number or something. Make sure you're good tonight. I'm solo as well.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
www.ustream.tv...

thats my ustream. i have live video feed from my perspective of the storm.

Its looking out my bedroom window.

location is Jersey City, NJ in case you guys wanted to know.

Theres people still driving around acting like nothings going on astounding.. Stay inside ugie

link   
reply to post by MRuss

I know if I wasn't so darned scattered I would have pulled it together myself. It has been really frustrating not knowing what was happening where due to lack of understanding of locations. You see one area that is fine and others that are getting pounded.

link   

Originally posted by MRuss

Yes, everyone I know on the Cape has lost power already.

They're in for a long night.

Make sure you have water and you folks stay warm. This is very early for people to be losing power.... discomforting

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Just lost my power here on the Cape- heard the transformer go boom.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
How fitting they named this hurricane after my mother.

Perfect.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

How cool another ATS'er lives on the Cape?

Where do you live?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
My partner is in southern MA and has been out of power for awhile. Sent a U2U...

Yeah I'm technically house sitting so I've never been here for a bad storm before. Creepy.

I also wish the Weather Channel would focus on other areas. Clearly...
edit on 10/29/2012 by ravenshadow13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Yarmouthport-- and you ?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

yea it amazes me too that people are outside in that mess.

the quality is shot and nothing is happening but the video is up and recording hoping to catch anything exciting and even quite possibly my untimely end when that lamp pole crashes through my window.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hey guys doing thins update from my phone because we lost power but an hour ago, as I stated earlier I live about an hour upstate from NYC, the wind has picked up drasticlly and seems to be getting worse. House is shaking and trees are blowin sideways which is a concern seeing the strret I live on its about an 1000 tree > to 10 houses ratio. If the reports are accurate and this is only the beginning to a much worse storm it could be a long night. Luckily we prepared for the power outage, plenty of supplies, and guitars and conspiracy books to keep entertained. I hope everyone in the line of this storm took the warnings seriously and please stay safe out there everyone, I need to preserve the battery on my phone but ill to update if need be. Sorry for any misspellings or grammar errors this phone has a tiny keyboard. Stay safe my fellow free thinkers

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It's getting windy and nasty (near RI). My girlfriend is near Carson's Beach in South Boston. I'm trying to get her to leave but as always she won't listen. The south, Chatham, etc. is getting worse from what I'm told. Anyone?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I've been following this Wunderground blog for a few days, maybe the stuff supplied in the comments will be useful to people not in NYC:

www.wunderground.com...

And I've been watching this ABC channel, wherever it is up there, for about an hour. I don't now about other folks' opinion, but the places they have people at look pretty underwhelming so far:
abclocal.go.com...

link   

I'm in the UK where we don't get Hurricanes, Tornado's, quakes.... its relatively safe here except for the occassional dic khead!!

I saw the eye of the storm earlier, looks huge!!

Good luck to those who are going to have to live through it....

link   
reply to post by KEMIK

I wouldn't make anyone leave their homes or places of shelter at this point.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

interesting unphased, i am on a sailboat, in fells point bmore, wind is rocking it now.
everyone should keep in mind sandy is proceding East of the chesapeake, which runs north and south.
this means that the counter clockwise hurricane circulation will push water south in the chesapeake and out to sea, so the tide will be low.
I know, full moon high tide, that will be eliminated.
also the storm surge of a hurrican is on the North side as it comes ashore, around atlantic city.
say winds are 90, headway is 30, so 120 mph is pushing water ashore. so there really is a dangerous storm surge north of the eye.
But on the south side, 90 minus 30 mpy or 60 mph is pushing water out to sea.

the fear mongering media find this too complicated.too explain. city hall has taken the opportunity to take 500 from each car that gets towed in the none existant flood zone.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join