It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I just want to wish everyone over there all the best during the storm. Having lived through some major earthquakes, the best advice I can give is to remain calm at all times and be level headed no matter whats going on around you.

stay safe.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
In the north-west corner of Virginia, Winchester area. Wind is a steady howl...I'm going to guess in the 30-ish mph range but there has been some extreme gusts that I can't even guess what they were. Power has been flashing on and off. Rain is a very fine droplet but will still soak you pretty quick if you go outside.

Not sure what to expect later. I have been through many Nor-easters, blizzards and been in a few hurricanes in my days on the coast. Interesting storm to say the least. Just the shear size of it means it is going to be a pain for at least 2 days or more. It's a thousand miles across and moving ....for talking purposes....20 mph. That means it will take 50 hours for the thing to pass edge to edge.

That's a lot of rain...calling for up to 8" here. But I live on North Mountain so not even worried about flooding.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

you're in winchester? I'm a few towns down south from you in woodstock, nice to know there are other people in these forums around here.

link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
reply to post by unphased

Lol, come live in detroit, you live in the basement majority of the times when the crackheads roam about

and please dont cry when you have your precious little internet with you keeping your blogs and wifi facebook updated. Omahgerd itsah herricane
edit on 29-10-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

what the hell are you talking about and WHY???? GO somewhere!!

link   
I am three miles away from the Chesapeake Bay in California, MD and currently we only have an uncomfortable amount of wind and rain. I think we have accumulated about 3" of rain so far today.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here in Central Jersey winds have been pretty steady, I would say somewhere around 30, with the occasional 50+ gusts. The rain has eased up a bit, I'm sure we'll get hammered when the eye comes on shore. I'm not in a flood zone so that's a plus. Everyone stay safe.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Wow, so much more to come so stay safe and warm honey.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by oifoiefvet
I am three miles away from the Chesapeake Bay in California, MD and currently we only have an uncomfortable amount of wind and rain. I think we have accumulated about 3" of rain so far today.

We have a California? Awesome!! How far are you from Baltimore City?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm confident nothing will happen, a few deaths, from people going outside. a few billion dollar damages, mostly from cars/wood/structural damage. But nothing catastrophic, power will always come back

This is america people, we don't die from starvation or lack of power (cold temp)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I'm confident nothing will happen, a few deaths, from people going outside. a few billion dollar damages, mostly from cars/wood/structural damage. But nothing catastrophic, power will always come back

This is america people, we don't die from starvation or lack of power (cold temp)

How is that not catastrophic?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Concord, NH here, a long way from where the real impact will be. We have 35 to 40 mph gusts and occasional rain bands.
The scanner is busy non stop, trees down, wires down, transformers on the ground and a couple trees on houses.
And it hasn't really begun much for us yet.

Wishing you all the best down where this ole girl will be coming ashore, stay safe!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IZombie

Just objects

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
www.ustream.tv...

thats my ustream. i have live video feed from my perspective of the storm.

Its looking out my bedroom window.

location is Jersey City, NJ in case you guys wanted to know.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I am a couple miles off the coast in Sussex Delaware. It is picking up bigtime right now, still have power but if we keep it over the next couple of hours it will be a miracle. The storm has sped up and will NOT come in at high tide so there will be a lower surge. Bigtime wind though. My cats are freaking out. We are in a "safe room."

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

So........ That means we should 1. let our guard down and 2. celebrate the fact that we don't have it like the less fortunate? The same less fortunate who exist as battered women, abandoned children, and homeless people?

I think your services in this thread are no longer needed, as the purpose is explicitly stated in the title and the OP.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm in NOVA, in a basement. Lights flickering and outages down the road. Very windy here, and I keep thinking I hear tree limbs snapping.

Anyone else in NOVA can message me. I live by myself.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
just lost power... on battery as long as it lasts

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Found something of interest, this gives an update state by state.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm in Cumberland county south Nj. Its just now starting to get bad. The wind is gusting at around 50 mph with driving rain. I'm about a half hour away from Atlantic city and ocean city. I hope everyones ok!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
just lost power... on battery as long as it lasts

In Cape Cod? Already??

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join