It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm sure this will be helpful to a lot of people who aren't in the storm and would like to keep up for reasons of family, friends, etc.

Media as well would probably like to know the situation on the ground during the storm, if it proves to be as bad as they seem to want it to be.

I have the capabilities, so I figure I'll bring updates to you guys from downtown #baltimore (sorry, but people actually search for hashtags these days). I hope other members from other places, specifically further up north can chime in as well.

Not to mention, we gotta keep each other company... Can't use up all the "supplies" too quick.

Currently, it's a slight drizzle, pretty steady breeze becoming wind kinda quickly, and it's been cold and considerably dark for most of the day..

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Stay Safe!!!

Thanks for giving us a first-person account of what's going on, but be sure to keep your safety first and foremost

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Stay Safe!!!

Thanks for giving us a first-person account of what's going on, but be sure to keep your safety first and foremost

No problem - definitely safety in mind.

unfortunately I live half a mile from the water so first it's the basement, then it's the ground floor. Hopefully we can avoid major flooding.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Unfortunately my only means of recording anything, my ipod, is broken.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I may/may not snap photos. I think a good verbal description should be enough, keeping safety in mind.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here is another way of checking up on things.

www.earthcam.com...

Stay safe!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here's a live stream webcam #sandycam of New York
Plays on iPad and zooms out, which is great because most won't.
Sandycam

Has live chat as well, so you can chat and get updates

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Good link with map, videos, webcams, forecasts etc

Link

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Got a couple of pics from space. They might be a bit large.

-SAP-
edit on 28-10-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There are two ongoing threads, one in Fragile Earth started Oct. 24th, and another in Natural Disasters, started Oct. 28th.

I suggest everyone wanting to stay abreast of this current disaster to visit those. There are lots of links to cams, weather info, and member info.

Pretty sure the mods will be along soon to close this thread, they have been directing everyone to those two older threads. Two separate forums, but plenty of coverage.

This is very rare storm. Stay safe if you are on the East Coast!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I posted these feeds in another thread, hope it helps....

LIVE VIDEO FEEDS -

TIMES SQUARE

CONEY ISLAND

STATUE OF LIBERTY

BROOKLYN BRIDGE

MIDTOWN

ATLANTIC CITY

DC

More - > www.earthcam.com...

And this one too, hope we don't need this one -

www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

nice work signals

thanks and good to cross paths again

your pal xploder

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
COUNTDOWN

When it reaches 0, I'll be reenacting the beginning of this scene.

Say a prayer for the children.
edit on 29-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
just tuned into sandycam and found this footage.

warning very graphic:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Frankenstorm is getting stronger with winds 85 mph, with almost a thousand miles wide windfield.(485 miles from centre)
NOAA

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

You don't need to record a video. Just post what's happening and stay safe

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Just wanted to chime in and tell our members in the effected areas that my thoughts and prayers are with them and their communities.

I am in Atlanta, barely in the fringes of the storm and the weather here has been nuts all day. I can only imagine how bad it is going to get up north.

Batten down the hatches, prepare - store water and break out the candles and blankets - and God bless.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'm in southeastern MA. I'm very worried about this storm, as I didn't have a ton of money available to stock up on supplies, but I have enough stuff to last a week right now. Only thing I'm worried about, is that my work has only closed once in the last...13 years It think, we didn't even close for Irene or any of the blizzards the past few years. We are a food distributer though and people need to eat. I will see about getting pictures and video, but my main concern is keeping my family safe and secure.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I live in NE PA and getting ready for work. Weather is forecasted to be rain and lots of it! Wind gust of up to 90mph and about 200mi to the SW of me they are calling for 2ft of snow! WOW! As the storm rolls in I'll be sure to take some photos but the major part of the storm is expected until later this evening into tomorrow night. We expect some flooding too which for this area is pretty common.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join