It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ret. Lt. Col.:His Sources Say Obama Was in the Room Watching Benghazi Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Retired Lt. Col.: My Sources Say Obama Was in the Room Watching Benghazi Attack

The plot thickens to the point where this is an unavoidable scandal for the populist left wing Obama supporting press - they will soon have to relent and start to report on this tremendous treachery on the part of the BHO administration. This is proof positive that BHO was present and watching the horrendous events as they happened, i.e., in real time, and did nothing to help rescue the men under his charge. This is tantamount to homicide - i.e., murder on the part of the Commander in Chief - BHO, and all others who took part - who were "just following orders" as the saying goes.

Posted on October 28, 2012 at 8:11am by Madeleine Morgenstern

Retired Army Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer said Saturday he has sources saying President Barack Obama was in the room at the White House watching the assault on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya unfold.
Two unarmed U.S. drones were dispatched to the consulate and recorded the final hours of the attack, which killed U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.
“This was in the middle of the business day in Washington, so everybody at the White House, CIA, Pentagon, everybody was watching this go down,” Shaffer said on Fox News’ “Justice with Judge Jeanine.” “According to my sources, yes, [Obama] was one of those in the White House Situation Room in real-time watching this.”
Shaffer served as a senior operations officer for the Defense Intelligence Agency in Afghanistan in 2003 and wrote a book critical of the policies there. The U.S. government purchased the entire print run for $47,000 in an attempt at censorship just before its 2010 publication, claiming it contained classified material.
Shaffer said the question now is what precisely Obama did or didn’t do in the moments he saw the attack unfolding. The CIA reportedly made three urgent requests for military backup that were each denied.
“He, only he, could issue a directive to Secretary of Defense Panetta to do something. That’s the only place it could be done,” Shaffer said.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said last week the military did not intervene because they did not have enough information about what was happening on the ground.
Col. David Hunt, a Fox News military analyst, said the military could have had jets in the air within 20 minutes and forces on the ground within two hours.
“The issue is always political with the White House, but the secretary of defense gives the order, has to be approved by the White House, they wouldn’t pull the trigger, and it’s disgraceful,” Hunt said. “We’ve got guys dead.”

Nota Bene
I didn't realize (forgot actually) that parts of the content of this thread/topic was covered earlier - My apologies to the OP of this thread--->MUST WATCH: Retired Lt. Col. and Special Operations Planner for 15 years, Obama ordered no response

edit on 28-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by Vitruvian

My "sources" tell me this is another Lie filled, hate thread.

Kinda like all your threads.

Those are pretty strong charges to be leveling against a respectable member of ATS don't you think?

I can see that the truth REALLY does hurt very many liberals now doesn't it.............its such a shame that your traitorous hero has to fall in such an ignominious manner.

BTW - hate is actually too mild a term to apply to how most of us conservatives really feel about BHO and his Marxist administration.

Personally I have NO hate - I do have enmity though.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So goes another layer of the rotting onion, that is this administration.....

Des

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

My "sources" tell me this is another Lie filled, hate thread.

Kinda like all your threads.

Can you prove any of that? or are YOUR sources fictional?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A member on ATS once wrote this:

"Is this thread I am creating an honest attempt at civil discourse/debate about the subject or, am I trying to sow as much hatred as I can about the evil ___________s to wake people up to the fact they are scum?"

Is this such a thread?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I can say I have inside sources too. Until you or this retired guy provide any plausible, tangible proof of any of this garbage, it is nothing but speculation and conjecture. You politicos really need to find something else to talk about. You ALL act like a bunch of high school children with this s**t.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Where is his sources backing these allegations up? What are his sources names? Till he has hard proof it's just a story he made up.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
I can say I have inside sources too. Until you or this retired guy provide any plausible, tangible proof of any of this garbage, it is nothing but speculation and conjecture. You politicos really need to find something else to talk about. You ALL act like a bunch of high school children with this s**t.

Originally posted by buster2010
Where is his sources backing these allegations up? What are his sources names? Till he has hard proof it's just a story he made up.

To both deniers of the truth.........

He (the Lt. Col.) isn't the only source for that information. There's at least 7 others that I have seen and heard of in the past several days on many TV shows and on several talk radio shows. These sources are all former CIA or Intel operatives and/or military personnel whose word is impeccable .

BTW - BHO is going to have to fess up on this - you know? Too many people in the Chain of Command know he was there - besides the fact of so many people were in that very same room at the same time as he.

Sorry to disappoint you in such a way as this but there's no use denying it OK?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

One has to wonder why someone with opinions like yours is on a conspiracy website

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
Retired Lt. Col.: My Sources Say Obama Was in the Room Watching Benghazi Attack

The plot thickens to the point where this is an unavoidable scandal for the populist left wing Obama supporting press - they will soon have to relent and start to report on this tremendous treachery on the part of the BHO administration. This is proof positive that BHO was present and watching the horrendous events as they happened, i.e., in real time, and did nothing to help rescue the men under his charge. This is tantamount to homicide - i.e., murder on the part of the Commander in Chief - BHO, and all others who took part - who were "just following orders" as the saying goes.

Posted on October 28, 2012 at 8:11am by Madeleine Morgenstern

Retired Army Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer said Saturday he has sources saying President Barack Obama was in the room at the White House watching the assault on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya unfold.
Two unarmed U.S. drones were dispatched to the consulate and recorded the final hours of the attack, which killed U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.
“This was in the middle of the business day in Washington, so everybody at the White House, CIA, Pentagon, everybody was watching this go down,” Shaffer said on Fox News’ “Justice with Judge Jeanine.” “According to my sources, yes, [Obama] was one of those in the White House Situation Room in real-time watching this.”
Shaffer served as a senior operations officer for the Defense Intelligence Agency in Afghanistan in 2003 and wrote a book critical of the policies there. The U.S. government purchased the entire print run for $47,000 in an attempt at censorship just before its 2010 publication, claiming it contained classified material.
Shaffer said the question now is what precisely Obama did or didn’t do in the moments he saw the attack unfolding. The CIA reportedly made three urgent requests for military backup that were each denied.
“He, only he, could issue a directive to Secretary of Defense Panetta to do something. That’s the only place it could be done,” Shaffer said.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said last week the military did not intervene because they did not have enough information about what was happening on the ground.
Col. David Hunt, a Fox News military analyst, said the military could have had jets in the air within 20 minutes and forces on the ground within two hours.
“The issue is always political with the White House, but the secretary of defense gives the order, has to be approved by the White House, they wouldn’t pull the trigger, and it’s disgraceful,” Hunt said. “We’ve got guys dead.”

Panetta was right you have to have accurate info before sending troops into any kind of conflict. Especially when they are going into a sovereign nation.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

To both deniers of the truth.........

He (the Lt. Col.) isn't the only source for that information. There's at least 7 others that I have seen and heard of in the past several days on many TV shows and on several talk radio shows. These sources are all former CIA or Intel operatives and/or military personnel whose word is impeccable .

BTW - BHO is going to have to fess up on this - you know? Too many people in the Chain of Command know he was there - besides the fact of so many people were in that very same room at the same time as he.

Sorry to disappoint you in such a way as this but there's no use denying it OK?

You have no idea if he is telling the truth or not. The president doesn't report to him so how does he even know where Obama was at.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Since we are on a conspiracy website

Is it possible that these retired CIA agents, and retired Col. are making all of this "sources" bullcrap up so they can fling more mud at the Obama administration on behalf of the Republicans?

It seems very plausible considering that right wing zombies will believe almost anything that they read on blogs and that comes out of Rush Limbaugh's mouth.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

LtCol Shaffer transitioned into the Foreign Intelligence area of focus with his graduation from “The Farm” in 1988, and his work at Air Force Special Activities Center (AFSAC) where he worked as a case officer. He was brought to active duty by the Army for the first Gulf War in 1991 and transitioned into the Army’s Military Intelligence Excepted Career Program (MIECP) where he became the chief of Army’s global Controlled HUMINT collection program, and ran specific Special Access Program (SAP) operations that netted highly...

...As a senior fellow he has conducted multiple courses of instruction, to include the Psychology of Terrorism, Leadership and Effects Based Operations. He is nationally known Subject Matter Expert (SME) intelligence collection and policy, terrorism, data mining, situational awareness and adaptive/disruptive technologies. He is also a senior advisor to multiple organizations on terrorism and counterinsurgency issues and a member of the US Nuclear Strategy Forum. Tony is a frequent guest on national electronic media ( TV and radio) and is frequently quoted in print media as an analyst regarding defense issues.

LtCol Shaffer currently serves as the Reserve G6 Assistant Chief of Staff, Communications and Technology of an Army Reserve division.

Source

He is CIA and an expert in asymmetrical warfare. This, ATS, is what a psyop looks like. Welcome to the pages of history - we are witnessing an attempted coup.

~Heff
edit on 10/28/12 by Hefficide because: Added source link

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Considering that EVERYTHING about Libya is a lie, and neither you nor your heroes at Fox nor any of the Republicans gleefully assigning blame here want to expose THAT, then yes, I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment of your thread(s).

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Panetta was right you have to have accurate info before sending troops into any kind of conflict. Especially when they are going into a sovereign nation.

Leon Panetta is a consummate liar and a coward.

Panetta BS quote “There’s a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on here,” Panetta said Thursday. “But the basic principle here … is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on.”

BS Mr Panetta - The Seals were telling you what was going on. CIA personnel were telling you all about events on the ground. The drone gave you live video. State Department personnel were calling for help.

The basic principle is: when Americans are in hostile territory and they report they are under heavy fire and they need help, you drop everything and send in the troops - either in the air or on the ground.

Navy Seals and State Department personnel told you EXACTLY what was happening Mr Panetta. They were telling you PERSONALLY what was going on at the time AND for many months prior to these events at Benghazi.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

If Republicans have blame for Libya then by God Democrats are to blame for Iraq. It makes about as much sense, now doesn't it? Bush was President in 2003...but Democrats overwhelmingly voted to support his war. Check the numbers. It's black and white, plain as day. So lets blame THEM!

err... Wait... Bush was Commander and Chief....which means..he was DIRECTLY and SOLELY responsible, in the end, for everything Military forces did or did not do....as well as Diplomatic staff which also came under his direct command was head of the Executive Branch. Bush bought it and he owns it...ALL OF IT.

...and So does the CURRENT Commander and Chief for this disaster. You can't have it both ways and if Obama gets to hide under his desk and hide like a child, then Bush gets to dodge his blame in parts too. Now, I sure as ever will NOT grant BUSH a pass on ANYTHING. I have family I have to see now, for life, reminding what he did. Obama DAMN sure gets no pass either.

The President at the TIME owns what happens. Good or Bad. Success or Failure. He OWNS IT. Why is that SO hard to maintain as a principle when THIS MAN is the one having to watch the buck stop on his desk? It seems so easy for everyone to assign that duty for any OTHER man who has sat in that Office.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
Considering that EVERYTHING about Libya is a lie, and neither you nor your heroes at Fox nor any of the Republicans gleefully assigning blame here want to expose THAT, then yes, I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment of your thread(s).

I'll say the same to you as I did to Tw0Sides SEE HERE

FROM this post "Those are pretty strong charges to be leveling against a respectable member of ATS don't you think?" I resent your false charges and find them patently offensive. But this is what we have come to expect from Obama supporters so its no real surprise.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well, let's take Mr. Obama and staff at their word.

The attack in Benghazi was the result of an obscure video that came out earlier in the summer, but didn't make an impact until Sept 11, resulting in a spontaneous protest that got out of hand when everybody ran home and got their AK-47s and shoulder fired rocket launchers and mortars.

We are to believe Mr. Obama really didn't know that the consulit and ambassador were under attack over the course of 2-4-7 hours.

We are to believe that even though there had been previous attacks and threats to the Lybian Ambassador and staff in this area, Mr. Obama and the State Dept felt it was safe enough to remove a Marine Detachment and turn security over to the local militia... even when Ambassador Stevens raised concerns and when multiple requests for more security came in... they were denied. Even when we had a Marine detachment at the Embassies in Paris and Barbados.. no such security in Lybia. How many of you would choose local militia over US Marines while staying in Lybia?

For almost two weeks, Hillary Clinton, Gibbs, Carney, staff, and Mr Obama claimed and reasserted many times it was a video that caused a spontaneous protest... that got out of hand. They even arrested the producer of the film. Now we realize it wasn't, so were is the producer? Still in jail... for making a movie? Where's the First Ammendment?

Then we get the e-mails. Then we find out they had drones watching the whole thing. Then we find out the CIA on the ground were actually pinpointing the protestors spontaneously firing mortars in an unplanned attack and asking for backup from a C130 gunship actually in the area.

As the info has unfolded, the answers have "evolved" from it was a YouTube Video to No Comment to We didn't know. to We didn't know enough. to the present We didn't want to jeopardize more American lives.

Anybody here can go on Google and find the embassy consulit compound... certainly the US government can.. and they have maps and people within minutes that can give info and intelligence on active militia units in that area, the layout, potential landing areas, best approaches for attack..evacuation, etc.

The US Government and military developed specific groups for rapid deployment, assault, evacuation of civilians under fire... Delta Force, US Marines, Green Beret, SEALS, and all had elements within mere hours of the area... this mission is what they train for, this is what they live and die for, this is what they practice and drill for on a monthly basis.

As for the Lybian Government and their sovereignty.. it didn't count for much when we went in last year with NATO... why now? And frankly, it would have been a good time to demonstrate that if a country can not andd will not protect Americans visiting their country, then the USA will.

So let's take Obama and staff at their word... if what they said was true, then it shows incredible ineptitude... that's a ten dollar word for just plain stupid.

Had Obama and staff been open and honest upfront or simply said they did not know... fine, a tragic situation. But they were so sure it was a video, even spending thusands on an ad in Pakistan affirming it was "denigration of religion" that cause the attack... knowing all the while it was not.

That deception alone calls into question everything else they have said and are saying. And as we find out more and more, we realize that our fears are true... and raises even more suspicions.

Now when you are in a foreign country, not only do we have to question if we can trust the local militia to protect us...

but more importantly, can we trust Mr.Obama to protect us?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join