It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy 2012: MANDATORY Evacuations Begin for NYC, Long Island, NJ, CT....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
just got this on my phone, sounded like a bloody siren!

NYC.gov mandatory evac for Jamaica, Rockaways (Queens, Nassau)... City Island (Brooklyn?) Staten Island, NYC
Atlantic City...

where else?

and it hasn't even hit yet!

noticed the rologist say this is the largest hurricane ever on record, really?

tropical, hurricane, arctic... one heck of a hybrid!

edit on 28-10-2012 by atsandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by atsandy

I doubt everyone will evacuate....New Yorkers have never struck me as the people who like to be told what to do.

Too many people think they can weather the storm. I hope it doesn't turn into a Katrina like situation, where there are more people needing rescuing, than there are resources for.

Des

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I know this is gonna get negative responses, BUT have u been to new york?? Wayyy to many morons idiots and cons there!! This whole area needs to be depopulated!!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I doubt everyone will evacuate....New Yorkers have never struck me as the people who like to be told what to do.

doubt many will either. so far about half a million new yorkers have been ordered to evacuate, and that number will grow.

in the video above they mentioned that building will shut down elevators in order to force the evacuation.

sounds like a gloomy "Gotham" on lock-down to me. i can fathom the us infrastructure allowing for a Katrina-like Gotham/NYC....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
...have u been to new york?? Wayyy to many morons idiots and cons there!! This whole area needs to be depopulated!!

sadly in that train of thought....

the same can be said for much of usa/americans

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I know this is gonna get negative responses, BUT have u been to new york?? Wayyy to many morons idiots and cons there!! This whole area needs to be depopulated!!

Having lived through Katrina, I recall people making comments like that about New Orleans, too.

I wonder what parents of children there must think when they see moronic comments like this.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Can anyone provide live feeds from the East coast? i'm not sure where to look

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Having lived through Katrina, I recall people making comments like that about New Orleans, too.

I wonder what parents of children there must think when they see moronic comments like this.

I wont get off topic per your smart response
But to each is own, no?? lets hope for the worst and pray people change their evil ways in that area!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i've been looking for live feeds and instead find prerecorded segments, instead even on weather.com

maybe the weatherchannel or new york one will have streams? do share!

heres what obama had to say... very blunt and mellow... is it true he's going back to denver to sit out the storm's destruction as it "targets" nyc area? lol

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Very few people are leaving where I am, fewer than left for Irene. The thinking is that the authorities went nuts before Irene and mandated people to evacuate and it wasn't bad at all - just some flooding and power outages.

This complacency worries me a bit.

Here's a live news feed
edit on 28-10-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
There's a statue of liberty webcam here: www.earthcam.com...

the wind is just howling but the picture must be every so often, it doesn't look live.
Looks totally miserable though.

Have a friend in Northern NC that - the last I heard from here- they were getting pretty bad surges. She was afraid they were going to flood, but that's the last I've heard.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
it really doesn't look good does it
stay safe east coast, some of the uk (at least) is thinking of you.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Found this link earlier on, titled 'Live Webcams of Areas Affected by Hurricane Sandy'

technorati.com...

No the best cams but it better than nothing.

Good luck over there

IA

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
We are all hunkered down for the night they are saying wind gust over 75 MPH here in Fairfield county Connecticut!
Most of the towns and cities Under a State of emergency, The wind is starting yo pick up.

www.wtnh.com...
edit on 28-10-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I emailed friends in NY that live on the water, I want to say Beaumont? Anyway, they are across the way from Long Island, and their backyard is a dock on the water.

Anyway, I wished them luck and said I hoped they were evacuating. She did not respond with an exact answer but said they had been through this before with Irene and sustained 40,000 in damages then, so she felt they were better prepared this time. I got the impression they were not taking this as serious as they should. I wrote back that I thought this was going to be worse than Irene. I hope they leave. She said she'd let me know how they fared later.

I agree that people in NY area might be less worried since Irene was so built up and yet did not create the havoc expected. Hope I am wrong.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I was there just once. The people surprised me by being very warm and friendly and concerned that I was having a pleasant visit. They asked me many kind questions about my impressions of their city and gave my husband and me good recommendations for navigating the city better. They clearly loved their city and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. My thoughts and prayers are with them as I work to secure my own home here in MD. Good and bad people are mixed in everywhere. I don't wish a "cleansing" disaster on any region.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
it really doesn't look good does it
stay safe east coast, some of the uk (at least) is thinking of you.
Thank you that is very kind of you. I'm sure your positive energies and thoughts will make a difference. Already just your single post has added some cheer to my anxiety filled day. Bless you for your kindness and thoughtfulness and may the weather be kinder to you good people in the UK.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
Good and bad people are mixed in everywhere. I don't wish a "cleansing" disaster on any region.

Amen,

sheep!

maybe MANHATTAN island will be evacuated, too?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by atsandy

Too many people think they can weather the storm. I hope it doesn't turn into a Katrina like situation, where there are more people needing rescuing, than there are resources for.

Des

They will all rush down to the docks to check it out.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I live in Long Island and I got to say the storm is going to very bad.

However, there is so much fear mongering here that it has become ridiculous. Everyone keeps calling everyone, making people worry and scared. I find it ridiculous that all the news focus on how bad and how much damage it will be and basically panicking people.

Why can't these news people provide an objective view instead of having a wolf like attitude. I honestly think these news teams are trying to cash in on the fear through an increased audience. I mean every time someone posts a dooms day thread, it might be fake, but it doesn't change the fact that it receives a huge number of replies.

People need to stay calm and think about the situations there in. Not panic and just end up doing nothing but being scared. Whenever any bad situation has arose, I've told everyone to shut up, calm down, and think.

And the evacuations are mainly coastal areas. I'm like 15 minutes away from the ocean but I'm not being evacuated. Schools have closed but everything else is open here and will be open. It'll be bad but I don't think it'll be like New Orleans with Katrina.

Sorry for my rant

ohhh and as a reply to the post above this

Yeah, people are going to check it out. Huge surfing day for us. But as of right now everyone is leaving the beaches. And people on the coast are busy boarding up and sandbagging. And yes.....some of the evacuation areas are mandatory....so yes people are leaving, they've also been told to take their pets and any supplies they need as the centers will have enough space for everyone and every being, animal and human alike.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join