It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I am exhilarated to post my first thread and join the company of personalities who passionately remain vigilantly inquisitive from moment to moment. Those who observe with open hearts in order to aggressively focus the mind and build personal and collective realities, whether within our experience of duality or transcendent of it.

I have been a lurker of ATS since 2002-2003. I have never felt compelled to write anything as I mostly enjoyed contemplation of the wide range of thought provoking topics. I never had enough ego in the matter to voice an opinion. I tend only to speak when motivated so that my words are never empty. I guess today would be the day I have the critical mass.

I put much thought into a bio, however, I feel that I'll let my beliefs and personality show as I began to contribute to the community. I look forward to the continuous learning from others as well as the sharing of knowledge. Your acceptance is much appreciated and I look forward to our journey from ignorance.

Apprentice of Sound

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ApprenticeofSound

I think you might win the long-time lurker award. About time you joined the rest of us in the Asylum...

Welcome to ATS. I look forward to meeting you in the forums.

Des

edit on 28-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well after lurking ten years I'm sure you have much to say!
Welcome!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApprenticeofSound
I tend only to speak when motivated so that my words are never empty. I guess today would be the day I have the critical mass.
Apprentice of Sound

Hi and welcome to the mad house

So whats the critical mass that caused you to stop lurking?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Glad you've decided to join!

See you around

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Short answer: An joyous anxiety compelling me to contribute to the physical and conscious freedom of us all in these changing times

Long answer:
A coming to alms in away with myself. I spent most of my life droning through it trying to ignore what didn't make sense or fit the mold. Happy to be part of the system as long as I had a sense of security and opportunities to chase Euphoria to make up for the downs. The larger reality kept knocking at my door however. Luckily I had a few strange experiences that I hid for quite some time as child who's memories were persistent. They kept me returning to get my fill of paranormal hoping I would find an answer to the long embedded fears they left and pouring through eastern religion to find a release (however never dedicating to a practice). I lived a very intellectual and physical life but despised religion allowing Buddhism under the faccad of it being a "philosophy".

I had an indescribable breakdown a couple of years ago that I have finally accepted as spiritual. My entire belief structure shifted within months. With that came reevaluating the knowledge and experience I had already acquired in a new light. I began meditating for the first time with results the filled me with so much confidence in my self view, beliefs, and the desire to create that I had to come to the community of like minded people. I work a cushy engineering job at one of the top 100 corporations in the world yet going has become a chore as I tune into the changing world. I asked myself how I could help. The only answer I got was that little voice of reasoning in my head say I was to master sound. It was confusing meditative experience. Music was a passion in my life, however I didn't know how that could help. Slowly the intellectual, spiritual, emotional, physical, and paranormal experiences I had been afford across my lifespan began to assimilate in my mind as one and bring about intuitive knowledge on the vibrational nature of our experience. I feel compelled to self mastery of it and to create technology stemming from it. Do to some of the heavy meta physical and alchemical aspects however I've decided I'd be able to receive some of the most stimulating conversations here and not the water cooler.

I don't come here as a know-it-all predictor of the future trying to convince another of their reality or a self proclaimed guru like I've seen on this site too many times (Though I've seen some who have completely awed me). I simply have discovered my truth and am ready to dedicate the rest of my life to it. I come here in order to have my ideas and ideals scrutinized by the eyes of the objective and non-objective so I may better form them into manifestations. As well as exercise my new found personality by sharing opinions in light of my personality filter. All in all, I'll be happy if I can contribute even the slightest to the personal and collective freedom of us all, and to that of all sentient beings.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Lurking for that long?? wooow that is a long time, Well we are happy to see you on ATS, Welcome!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on this ride with you.

new topics

top topics

join