It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Romney wins, it will be 2008 all over again in 4 years or less.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
-OBAMACARE will be the undoing of the staggering economy

-23 Million Unemployed

-$17 Trillion Deficit

-$1 Trillion Defense Cuts

-Highest Food Stamps Ever

And Can Romney supporters please do try to explain would and how Romney would fix all these things?
even though i dont support neither.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The pathetic thing is that Romney plans to do the SE things the GW admin did that created this whole mess in the first place

The Romney plan is the very definition of insanity.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

That's the thing with the Romney supporters I have spoken with. It goes a lot like this:
R-Supporter: I'm voting for Mitt Romney because Obama is tearing this country apart.
Me: I agree his policies like the NDAA and and the expansion of the Patriot Act go against our constitut-
R-Supporter: Obama is a disgrace for a president, Mitt is the man. He's going to repeal Obamacare.
Me: Actually Rom-
R-Supporter: Obama spends far too much time on that David Letterman show. Obama is muslim. Obama's mom was a hooker.
Me: *sweat drop*

It seems to me that most Romney supporters are just more anti-Obama than Pro-Romney.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jess117

That's the thing with the Romney supporters I have spoken with. It goes a lot like this:
R-Supporter: I'm voting for Mitt Romney because Obama is tearing this country apart.
Me: I agree his policies like the NDAA and and the expansion of the Patriot Act go against our constitut-
R-Supporter: Obama is a disgrace for a president, Mitt is the man. He's going to repeal Obamacare.
Me: Actually Rom-
R-Supporter: Obama spends far too much time on that David Letterman show. Obama is muslim. Obama's mom was a hooker.
Me: *sweat drop*

It seems to me that most Romney supporters are just more anti-Obama than Pro-Romney.

I see it on both sides.

I have asked for people to specifically tell me why it is they are voting for who they vote for. What is usually comes down to is that they aren't voting FOR a candidate, but rather AGAINST the other candidate. And rarely do I get a well thought out, logical, reasonable case for that vote other than to parrot the most recent daily talking points for whichever party they are affiliating with.

I will tell you one of the things that pisses me off the most is when Obama was on The Daily Show and answered a question posted by Jon Stewart. It became the weekly kerfuffle, with him being quoted as using the word "optimal".

When I debated this on another forum with someone, I systematically showed how Obama just used the same word the interviewer used, and that Obama had given a decent interview. All they were left with was, "Well, it is not presidential to be on a comedy show talking about soldiers deaths." Nevermind the fact that the viewers of The Daily Show see it as news, and it actually presents relevant news items, only in comedic formats. To them it is "comedy" and that is that. No grey in between.

Yet they ignore that OReilly did a debate with Stewart, and won't answer if that makes OReilly comedy, too.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Definitely agree that it happens on both sides. One example I'd add for some O-voters would be that freakish Pro-Obama Ad featuring children singing about the horrors of America if Romney wins this election. I think I'd have more respect for people as a whole if I could just hear something logical for once instead of attacking the other candidate.

Good for you to point that out to someone though. Maybe someone somewhere will see that and think: Hmm.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I support Obama because I think his admin has done a good job, and succeeded in turning an economy from free fall, into an economy that is showing signs of improvement.

I thought things would be a lot worse by now.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join