It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Romney wins, it will be 2008 all over again in 4 years or less.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
They might as well elect GW for a third term, except Romney will be worse.

First, Romney will stop enforcing laws against fraud, and the bankster crooks will again have free reign.

We are now just starting to see some economic recovery, but with Romney in the white house, investors will once again turn away from real investment in actually taking the risk to produce new technology and products, and go back to fraudulent schemes.

Obama is now deporting more illegals than any other president has ever done. Romney will stop deportations, in order to keep the cheap labor available, and the crime to keep the public scared, and eager to support the military police state.

And then look for another 911, in order to provide another excuse for another couple of wars in some third world country.
edit on 28-10-2012 by poet1b because: Missed a word

edit on 28-10-2012 by poet1b because: Typo

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The economy was better. Ask anyone - in the WORLD even, if they'd like to go back to the state of the economy 4 years ago. Actually the further you go back, the more people want to go...

So, the moral of the story is - "sometimes you have to take a step backwards to take two steps forward".

EDIT: Oh and... why mention 911? I mean, if you really want to mention something actually awesome, mention Pearl Harbor, not only took a country out of a tremendous depression it also turned that country into the world greatest super-power - 911 is child's play compared to what Pearl Harbor achieved. But I get you... FDR was a democrat and this doesnt fit your rep-hating agenda so well...
edit on 28-10-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
While I do agree with you, I think there's a 95% chance of a crash regardless of who's president.
BUT as you you point out, I definitely think it will be worse under Romney.....under him it will be an economic crash with no rules on the financial sector and no food stamps or other governmental assistance......

Our economy has been propped up artificially; it's not something that can be blamed on either party, they are both responsible. It's a house of cards just waiting to be brought down. If it lasts 4 years I'd be highly surprised. I read that this one leading economist is saying it'll happen in 2013. He also foresaw the 2008 crash.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Yeah, like go back to 1995 when Clinton was president. Or better yet, go back to 1994, and not elect a repub house that made all the changes that ruined our economy, and turned control of the planet over to the International Corporate Bankers.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
The economy was better. Ask anyone - in the WORLD even

Ask anyone in the world that looks at things objectively....and isn't blinded by hate for Obama.

The economy was in straight freefall from september 2008-January 2009. That's an absolute fact.
Yes, it continued to drop after Obama was in office, but the problems were so deep, if you expected anything otherwise, you were a moron. Now the economy is improving.
I'd take an improving economy, over an economy in straight freefall.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
yup...can't wait for no taxes on the investment class(romney's income), medicare vouchers, education funds cut, less and/or no taxes on corporations, elimination of dodd-frank, no insurance for pre-existing conditions, elimination of business regulations, the repeal of roe v wade,, the repeal of equal pay for women, bushes advisors back in the whitehouse....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

All Romney has to do is blame the previous president for everything.

Seems to be the going trend.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

How many people died on 911, you think that was acceptable because of Pearl Harbor?

Wow!

Sorry, but the US economy was far worse under GW.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm not for either of the cronies but Obama got blamed for a lot of Bush's landslide when he left office and so I understand why the economy hasn't just jumped back in the last 4 years. It needs time and less restrictions and the economy bounces back on it's own.

If Romney gets into office I can see the economy picking up on it's own and him getting the credit for it. He would then get another 4 years elected due to something that's going to happen on it's own.

If Obama wins then he will get the credit and Hillary will have a chance to win the next 4 years. This is why this election is so important. Not the welfare of this country like they say. I think it's the key to which party wins the next election also. This president will be given the credit for restoration.

It's all a control game to both parties. Like chess they think moves ahead which may span years. It's a battle for who gets the most stranglehold on this country and the majority willingly participate.
edit on 28-10-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Romney will certainly try, and ignore the damage done by GW.

Until the economy goes into free fall, and Romney become the next Hoover.

Will conservatives then wake up to the foolishness of their economic beliefs.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
poet1b,

Romney is not even President yet. So, you're already blaming him for an economy he will inherit from Obama? This is the most desperate attack I've seen on ATS.

-au

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by beezzer

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
[color=skyblue]It took about 10 years for the economy to become healthy after the Great Depression of 1929, yet, ignorant folks who know NOTHING about economies show disgrace at Obama for everything not being perfect yet.

The impatient folks (mostly Right-wing shills) out there need to realize that our President is not a MAGICIAN, although he very well must be a magician after being able to reverse the HORRENDOUS DAMAGE caused by REPUBLICAN Bush.

[color=skyblue]We cannot afford a THIRD BUSH TERM folks!! Obama has it going in the CORRECT FORWARD direction. Romney and Ryan will have us BACK to 2008, or more REALISTICALLY, back to 1929 or WORST!!!!!!

How FAST the republican supporters FORGET. But then again, somehow I have a FEELING that the republican supporters out there just happen to be folks whom are in positions of great wealth who are unharmed by bad economies, but benefit from the rigged and corrupt game that republicans support fully at the EXPENSE of the rest of us.

[color=skyblue]The corrupt greedy wealthy LOVE republicans, but as for the REST OF US, we simply cannot afford republicans...

We the PEOPLE cannot AFFORD another 2008 or 1929. We cannot AFFORD another republican!!!!!!

edit on 28-10-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If Romney wins, the crash of 2008 will look mild in comparison to the crash we can expect within a year of him taking office.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Kind of like how you've just ignored the past 4 years of damage done by Obama.

Quid pro quo, Clarice. Quid pro quo.
-Hannibal Lector

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
yup...can't wait for no taxes on the investment class(romney's income), medicare vouchers, education funds cut, less and/or no taxes on corporations, elimination of dodd-frank, no insurance for pre-existing conditions, elimination of business regulations, the repeal of roe v wade,, the repeal of equal pay for women, bushes advisors back in the whitehouse....

The advisors that weren't advisors in the Bush administration which Romney has surrounded himself with make Bush advisors look good.

If you want a good scare, google Romney's chief economic advisor.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Romney will make Hoover look good. Maybe Romney's legacy will be the Romneyville's popping up all over the country?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
-OBAMACARE will be the undoing of the staggering economy

-23 Million Unemployed

-$17 Trillion Deficit

-$1 Trillion Defense Cuts

-Highest Food Stamps Ever

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Did I mention RECORD GAS PRICES?

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
-OBAMACARE will be the undoing of the staggering economy

-23 Million Unemployed

-$17 Trillion Deficit

-$1 Trillion Defense Cuts

-Highest Food Stamps Ever

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

In the last 4 years we have seen a major turn around in our nations economy. We have gone from very very bad to things are starting to look positive.

Obama has done a great job.

Obama is prosecuting the Wall Street crooks who robbed our country, deporting illegals, ended the Iraq war and is winding down the Afghanistan war, and there have been no terrorist attacks on US soil.

And right now we are in the middle of an economic recovery.

edit on 28-10-2012 by poet1b because: Auto correct error

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

In the last 4 years we have seen a major turn around in our nations economy. We have gone from very very bad to things are starting to look positive.

Obama has done a great job.

Obama is prosecuting the Wall Street crooks who robbed our country, deporting illegals, ended the Iraq war and is winding down the Afghanistan war, and there have been no terrorist attacks on US soil.

And right now we are in the middle of an economic recovery.

edit on 28-10-2012 by poet1b because: Auto correct error

Point #1. Obama has enabled the banks and Wall Street through QE1, QE2, QE3.

Point #2. I wonder who Obama will blame if he gets re-elected?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join