It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange UFO-NASA transformation vignette...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
From the guys widely known to debunk almost anything out of the normal text book, not least any UFO's, I really didn't expect a vignette like this one. An animation of a UFO gliding (to some strange haunting tunes), suddenly transforms itself in a light flash to the web address www.nasa.gov/goddard (directly under the Goddard Space Flight Center headline).

Look at this video (the vignette starts at approx 1:50):

YouTUBE link...

This video is public domain and can be downloaded at: svs.gsfc.nasa.gov...

I thought this symbolism was very strange, as the UFO transformed directly into the web address. Hinting that the UFO and NASA Goddard is two sides of the same thnig. If it was just flying by, it wouldn't have such a strong symbolism as this direct transformation.

I think there ia also more to this symbolism than just a UFO/space technology.
Notice the kind of UFO in this animation... NASA has many times made different drawings and visualisations of future space technologies and starships. Nothing new or special in that.
The funny thing in this is that this animated UFO isn't of a future type, but rather of an older type, more similiar to the Haunebu type that allegedly was of german WWII origin and that later was photographed on several occations by George Adamski in the 1950's. Just google "Haunebu" or "Adamski UFO" and look at the pictures.

The animated UFO in the NASA Goddard video isn't the exact Haunebu type, but it is something more from that time, than from present or future models (whatever that would look like).

I find it very strange that NASA Goddard would use this symbology and link it directly to their very organisation through this direct transformation.

Maybe they are telling us something through their symbology. Maybe they do this purely to mislead us (like they allways seems to do), or their graphic designer just had som fun on their behalf...

Does anyone know more about this???
edit on 28-10-2012 by Skallagrimsson because: YouTUBE video isn't working from the ATS embedding, but the link is working in YouTube...

edit on 28-10-2012 by Skallagrimsson because: Trying again with the YouTUBE linking...

edit on 28-10-2012 by Skallagrimsson because: ..

edit on 28-10-2012 by Skallagrimsson because: I found out that I had to skip all the www address stuff and only use the YouTUBE video number. My fault, sorry.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You should fix your video link. I would love to see a 'UFO' transforming into a 'URL'

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Videos not working, for me anyways, but its probably nothing more then an over active imagination.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Nothing starts the day better than a conspiracy about a transition in a video.

Ahhh ATS.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just watched the video, it is interesting, but I don't see any symbolism, just marketing.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Neither link works.

As for NASA and UFOs:

More than once I've reported on ATS that the giant NASA gift shop at the Cape has not one single item within it that depicts a UFO, shows a typical UFO alien or displays the letters UFO. This has been a deliberate decision from NASA made upon that retailer. Actually, we can call this censorship of the dumbest kind.

They afraid that UFOs will steal their thunder (no pun intended)?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Neither link works.

All links seems to work now. At least on my computer...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

made an animated gif for you

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's definitely a cool halloween vid, although I didn't get the same vibe from it as you, OP.

I have a question for those knowledgeable; the announcer stated that this was the first exoplanet "directly observed in visible light."

Does that only refer to light in the traditional sense and meaning this exoplanet is at the reach of our technology, or is there also an inference that some planetary bodies radiate light outside of our human spectrum? Meaning, are there planetary bodies that we can't see?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Man, NASA should be really careful......"Zombie Planet"

I see an ATS thread coming : "NASA admits to a Planet full of Zombies, what else have they been covering up?"

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
It's definitely a cool halloween vid, although I didn't get the same vibe from it as you, OP.

...well, it's from the same group of people that is famouus for their "weather baloons".

I still find this vignette very strange.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skallagrimsson
From the guys widely known to debunk almost anything out of the normal text book, not least any UFO's, I really didn't expect a vignette like this one. ...

Sorry, but the point of the post kinda drowned in your primary assumptions:

First of all, what do you mean by NASA 'debunking' UFOs? Do you want them to tell you fairy tales about space people or do you want them to act scientifically for your tax money and report debris, junk, lens flare, shadows/lights and ice particles etc for what they are?

Second, what else have they 'debunked', since you write 'not least' UFOs? Miniature civilizations on Mars, or...?

edit on 28-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It shows a sense of humour while being informative.

This is good stuff from NASA, its not enough to do cool stuff you have to be able to communicate.

More of these would be good.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScientificUAPer
First of all, what do you mean by NASA 'debunking' UFOs? Do you want them to tell you fairy tales about space people or do you want them to act scientifically for your tax money and report debris, junk, lens flare, shadows/lights and ice particles etc for what they are?

There have been countless sightings of strange flying objects all the way from ancient times to the present day. While many may be hoaxed, there is still more than plenty of unexplained observations that defies the "usual" weather baloon explanation. OK, if you insist, there has been many more "explanations", but my main point is that there exists more strange phenomena than can be explained with normal logic. Not to mention the many official NASA videos that show strange lights that still has to be explained. The normal reaction from NASA, if they comment on it at all is very often that it must be a "weather baloon", "jupiter", "lense flare", or what have you? If you have seen enough of those official videos with strange lights moving all over the place and still believe the official story (if they comment it), no problem. I do wholeheartly believe that there is more than what can be explained with the "standard" terms.

Second, what else have they 'debunked', since you write 'not least' UFOs? Miniature civilizations on Mars, or...?

There certainly is many strange things to be found in the official Mars images from NASA. ATS is full of images and posts about those. While some might be natural formations or objects, I have seen many that I sill feel need a better explanation.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Skallagrimsson because: Typo's...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

...well, it's from the same group of people that is famouus for their "weather baloons".

I still find this vignette very strange.

Considering all the hoopla here on ATS a couple of weeks ago regarding the UFOs (which WERE just weather balloons) at the launching of the capsule Felix Baumgartners parachute jump, I think there ARE people who confuse weather balloons for something unknown.

I mean, the narrator during that launch was telling us about the weather balloons set at various altitudes to gauge the winds at those altitudes, but people still were convinced those dots were UFOs and not balloons.

So yeah -- people really do confuse weather balloons for UFOs.

...as for the video you pasted, I think you are reading waaaayyyy to much into it. It's just a cool animation someone decided to do. I think it's slick.
edit on 10/28/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Considering all the hoopla here on ATS a couple of weeks ago regarding the UFOs (which WERE just weather balloons) at the launching of the capsule Felix Baumgartners parachute jump, I think there ARE people who confuse weather balloons for something unknown.

I mean, the narrator during that launch was telling us about the weather balloons set at various altitudes to gauge the winds at those altitudes, but people still were convinced those dots were UFOs and not balloons.

So yeah -- people really do confuse weather balloons for UFOs.

Yes they do!!! But, then there is much more that defies those normal explanations...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

my main point is that there exists more strange phenomena than can be explained with normal logic.

Noone is going to argue with that, or at least many willl agree that we can't currently explain everything reported in the skies, and elsewhere.

Not to mention the many official NASA videos that show strange lights that still has to be explained. The normal reaction from NASA, if they comment on it at all is very often that it must be a "weather baloon", "jupiter", "lense flare", or what have you?

Would you really want NASA to run around like headless chicken screaming 'ohh nooooes the aliens are here', only to find out two days later it was a piece of insulation material from a space module?

Honestly, that would be extremely stupid, wouldn't it? We are not in space to look for things to speculate about, we are in space to gather facts, fair enough?

If you have seen enough of those official videos with strange lights moving all over the place and still believe the official story (if they comment it), no problem. I do wholeheartly believe that there is more than what can be explained with the "standard" terms.

Telling fantasy stories many times do not make them fact, that's a big misunderstanding. So please mention one specific incident that backs up your claims? I have watched many of the supposed 'UFO flying around all our spacecraft'-videos, but none of them contain anything that makes me think they are alien spacecraft, so please be VERY specific when you claim people are lying to you.

There certainly is many strange things to be found in the official Mars images from NASA. ATS is full of images and posts about those. While some might be natural formations or objects, I have seen many that I still feel need a better explanation...

Really? Please show me one specific image of something that allows you to say NASA is hiding something from you?

Until then, you come across as someone who fantasizes, and needs to back up his stories by laying guilt on others, and accusing them of lying. But accusing people of lying, and not backing it up, makes one come across as a bit of a dick.

So, please be VERY SPECIFIC when you claim people are lying to you.

Mind you, I'm not at all convinced by your judgement on NASA's affairs, since your OP shows that you didn't differentiate between an artful informational video and real video.

Anyways, sorry to tell you these things so bluntly, but you'd be better off not justifying your own curiousity by claiming that other people lie.

You don't need to, your curiousity is justification enough!

edit on 29-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

you asked a good question, one that i didn't have an answer to, so i looked it up.

an exoplanet is any planet found outside of our solar system.
some orbit a sun while others may be 'floatin' in space.
first one found in 1988 by the radial velocity method [picture]

en.wikipedia.org...
wikipedia list like 10 other ways they can be detected.
it also said that visible observation was rather common so i guess NASA lives up to it's name [Never A Straight Answer]

here is an upsetting piece of info about an early speculator of their existance ...

In the sixteenth century the Italian philosopher Giordano Bruno, an early supporter of the Copernican theory that the Earth and other planets orbit the Sun (heliocentrism), put forward the view that the fixed stars are similar to the Sun and are likewise accompanied by planets. He was burned at the stake by the Roman Inquisition in 1600, though his views on astronomy were not the main reason for his condemnation.

uncool

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
en.wikipedia.org...
wikipedia list like 10 other ways they can be detected.
it also said that visible observation was rather common so i guess NASA lives up to it's name [Never A Straight Answer]..

What the hell are you talking about? Please explain how you arrived at that conclusion on the basis of that wiki article? If that's what you get from that article, I'd say you're the one who has a problem - with straight thinking.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ScientificUAPer

NASA lies constantly and you just act like nothing is happening.
And what are you doing on a UFO site if you think it is all fairy tales?
Are you part of their PR team?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join