It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and us.......

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

Evolution is so far from a convenient lie that it is getting hard to take you seriously. Do you believe in evolution? How do you think homosapians came to be?

I certainly don't believe that an unintelligent gathering of atomic particles has the capacity to become a self-aware life form. That's what atheism suggests. If there isn't intelligence outside of the molecules, then there is intelligence inside.

Can you provide a link to this evidence?

Absolutely. Remember, you didn't ask for conclusive proof. This is only evidence to suggest a strong possibility of a cosmic intelligence at some level.

lmgtfy.com...
edit on 11-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Um, sending someone to the let me google that site is not evidence. If there is actually evidence please post it. Circumstantial opinions and rambling is not considered evidence for anything close to that. You claimed that scientists had found evidence for divine force. Hopefully this isn't yet another falsehood.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

If you couldn't provide any evidence you should have just said so.

I know you're not a christian etc. but if you believe in an intelligence it all amounts to a god, which brings the question and where does that god / intelligence come from?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Faith in science only or Faith in religion only?

How many here are ready to reach beyond both?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

*Raises hand* MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by MamaJ

If a person thinks something that is untrue then their thinking is flawed. Creationism is untrue, hence flawed.

If you take genesis word for word in the bible ie. earth created in a week then it simply didn't happen that way.

If you twist genesis to incorporate the big bang then you're disregarding elements of the bible, if you're gonna disregard some of it why not open your eyes and disregard the whole fairytale?

Open your mind more.... and you will see more.

I never said I take Genesis word for word. I see the Science in Genesis, meaning I take a scientific approach when reading it.... as well as the entire Bible for that matter.

A thousand years is "like" one day.... so says the Bible. IF this is true then it took longer than a week, right?

Our history and everything we think we know is flawed if you really want to get down to the root of whats flawed. lol

I don't have to twist Genesis to incorporate the Big Bang. Maybe the ones preaching (as you are doing) "it doesn't show the Big Bang" are the ones flawed with logic and unable to grasp the bigger picture.

To separate the science in the Bible and discard it is the main flaw I see with people when trying to understand ancient texts, like the Bible.

My opinion may be different from yours but that doesnt mean I am wrong and you are right.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Look people, we were created by the Universe, and those are the rules we live by. Belief in a god is purely faith and to say there IS a god is nothing but wishful thinking, when you people say 'IS' do you not wonder why you emphasize the 'IS'. To say 'IS' is to say you 'KNOW', and you know what you people know about a god? JACK FREAKIN' SQUAT!
reply to post by Toadmund

Ok...... so...... uh....... the Universe created us, huh? Is this wishful thinking or do you have proof? Does the Universe live? Could the Universe we live in be a "god"? Please tell me as you act like you know the facts.

What about the other Universe's out there? Are they creating people too? Do they have other rules they live by?

So many questions..... so little answers.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

If a day in the bible is a thousand years the bible is still wrong as the earth took millions of years to form. Not just six or seven thousand.

We can actually see how the universe works when we look out into space. We see nebula, stars forming and destructing. There is no god involved.

You tell me to open my mind but what you're really asking is for me to ignore common sense, rational thought and logic and believe a fairytale made up by dumb ancient shepherds. I'm sorry but unlike you I'm not that gullible.

And I apologise for being blunt but you are wrong and I am right. According to all evidence anyway.
edit on 12-1-2013 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

And I apologise for being blunt but you are wrong and I am right. According to all evidence anyway.

Perhaps instead of saying it is a god, we should say it is godly.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

What is godly?

There is not even an indication that there is some divine force.

We are governed by the laws if physics not a spirit

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

And it took billions of years of incremental steps to produce the environment conducive for living things to arise from the Universe we are produced from.

Why do you ridicule that the Universe created us, who's belief is more ridiculous, what is your belief then?
Who's belief is more outlandish?

Are you discrediting and poo-poo'ing me to give more credence to your belief?

Lets hear your theory, and don't make me laugh.

edit on 12-1-2013 by Toadmund because: 'hear' not 'here'

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Why use the word god or godly? Why not use the term life energy or just energy?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mc4denmark

Why deny that he may be both of those just we haven't gained that high of an understanding of him yet?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Because at the moment the only evidence for a "he" is the bible or the Muslim beliefs. All older religions describes multiple gods and not one, and all fringe science today indicates that we are all the same energy as the universe. vibrating at specific frequencies. That all we see are nothing more that light-waves at different frequencies.
edit on 12-1-2013 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

That's an interesting perception.
Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Thank you

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Why use the word god or godly? Why not use the term life energy or just energy?

Because of how we perceive those words. "Energy" has an impartial feel to it; to the general populace, I suspect referring to the law of laws as an energy principle, would come too close to being atheist. That's how they would see it, anyway.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Isn't Atheism that you don't really care to think if a god exist or not, that they just don't really think about it? I would say, that to acknowledge a "spiritual" life energy, then you no longer should consider your self an atheist ?

Sorry if I misunderstood your post.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mc4denmark

Because at the moment the only evidence for a "he" is the bible or the Muslim beliefs. All older religions describes multiple gods and not one, and all fringe science today indicates that we are all the same energy as the universe. vibrating at specific frequencies. That all we see are nothing more that light-waves at different frequencies.
edit on 12-1-2013 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

I'd completely agree... up until that point. Most fringe "scientists" like using terms such as "light beings" and "vibrational energies" because they sound all like mystical and stuff, dude. But it's unnecessary. Fields like M-theory and SUSY could easily cover the same thing, and it makes more sense.

1-dimenionsal vibrating 'strings' would still be tangible, and someday directly observable. But energy is a quality of an object - it's the ability of something to do work. It can be measured, and can be indirectly observed, but that's about it. It's not this glowing pulsating stuff that's "pure consciousness" or something.

I definitely agree with your point at the bottom of it, though, finding the lowest common denominator and all that.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Isn't Atheism that you don't really care to think if a god exist or not, that they just don't really think about it? I would say, that to acknowledge a "spiritual" life energy, then you no longer should consider your self an atheist ?

Sorry if I misunderstood your post.

No, that's the definition of agnostic. "Don't know, don't care."

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join