It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and us.......

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Ah yes, Where found.

Sexy Avatar; blushing.

lOl

edit on 31-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluemoonsine

HAHAHA! Awwww.... thanks! She is a keeper, thats for sure! I bet ya wonder if I look like her too. lol

Thanks for the video.... its true... women have a hard time with this weight. It took me a long time to realize loving others without expectations/attachments brings a peace I never had before. Its a realization that allows growth as well...In my opinion, of course.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Ditto.
L8ter, Love n Light.
Smoochy.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Science and religion went hand in hand thousands of years ago. This is NOT a new concept.
Daniel 1: 4

4 Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans

Science is not new.
I have always personally believed that Science only served to prove the existence of God.

However, when Jesus came on the scene, he condemned them both.

Matthew 23 www.biblegateway.com...
King Solomon was gifted with wisdom. The man today would be labeled a wizard or sorcerer. Mixing science with Religion was something he was very good at. But Jesus clears that up too.

Matthew 12:42

42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

Why was he greater than Solomon? Because HE did his work through the Holy Ghost. No science needed. No magic rituals required. His ministry did not start until he was baptized AND filled with the Holy Ghost.

I know there are some on here than believe the Bible is junk and that "man" has perverted it. If this is so, then why does the words written therein, start wars, convert atheists, and is the subject matter of many arguments amongst men?

Some require a personal "life experience" to see and understand. After all, Life is the best teacher.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

That's because science cares more about using knowledge for power. Religion cares more about using spirit for power. No matter how you look at it, you're doing something so life is easier for YOU, or so salvation is ensured for YOU.

Quite honestly, if Christianity were really that sincere, we'd be working for the salvation of others instead of ourselves. We would be doing good works to make sure our brothers and sisters are "saved" instead of trying to earn our own way. That's probably the purest expression of what Jesus taught in the Bible.

But no - we help others so we can look at St. Peter and say, "Hey, look at everything we did. We were good on Earth. Can I get in now?" And if someone is denied, you wouldn't even THINK about trading places for their sake, even though that would make a HUGE impression on them in the name of Jesus. Instead, you would stand with your friends and judge them and condemn them.

Don't say you wouldn't, because that's exactly how it would go. As above, so below. If you judge on Earth, you will judge in the afterlife (provided there IS a conscious afterlife).

The fact that Christians fight for their own salvation above all else is a huge symptom of what Christianity has become. A Christian wouldn't even trade their salvation to save someone whom they don't think deserves it. Lead by example, right? Usually, when you save someone's life, they change. They look at you in a completely different way, or your cause completely differently.

And yet, we will not trade our salvation for anything. That tells me a hell of a lot.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by texaschick

The things that have happened to me have no logical explanation other than God's presence in my life.

Oh, I'm pretty sure we could find logical explanations for almost everything. On the very few things we couldn't explain (suddenly cured of cancer, for example), it only means that we haven't figured out the scientific reasons yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Imagine where we'd still be if instead of searching for answers we always said "god does it".

Imagine further still if we'd never been held back by religion, we could be traveling to the stars right now.

I'm gobsmacked by just how deep otherwise intelligent people on here believe in a god, it's almost as if part of their brain is still in a child like state.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I find that rather interesting for if a site is not based on "Science" then it gets classified as a "Religious" site. I believe that in Human history the best periods are when both Science and Religion come together and cooperate. [An ancient now forgotten Golden Age?]

thoughtful post. but this part of your post seems odd to me. this expression is true but I think this belief is not widespread in west.
what is your evidences or reasons for your claim from a western point of view !?
In the recent centuries, the human ethics and values have been rejected as a cause for backwardness. They were even portrayed as opposing wisdom and science because of the earlier infliction on man by the proclaimers of religion in the dark ages of the West (Medieval).

surely I want to "debunk" both Darwinism and Bible !

debunking Darwinism:
1-the evolution theory of Darwin always suffers from lack of evidences. for example there are no enough intermediate fossils that can prove Darwin's evolution theory. Darwin itself knew it but he would think that in future such fossils could be found.
2-moreover there is no evidence that human had a tail someday.
3-Darwinism says that order has evoluted from disorder while it is contrary to second law of thermodynamics !
4-they say that big bang was an accident. what do they mean by accident ! accident refers to something that we do not know it's reasons, accident does not mean that an event has no reason !!
moreover such sophisticated orders are so impossible that be evoluted from disorders according to Probability law !
5-When Hitler said, 'Take away the Nordic Germans and nothing remains but the dance of apes' he based that thought on the Darwinist ideas that man had evolved from apes, for which reason some of them still possessed 'ape status.'
yes Materialism and Darwinism are expired thoughts of 19th century that led to Fascism, Communism, Nazism the same are Capitalism and Secularism that are based on expired Humanism !

debunking Bible:
oh of course I believe in Jesus and Bible because still it is full of truth. but it depends on what we call it Bible !

22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever" 23 therefore the Lord God sent him out from the garden of Eden.to work the ground from which he was taken. 24 He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life.-Genesis

it seems that God has prevented humanity from "to know good and evil"(science) and "living forever"(good fate), what kind of God is he !? why should I worship such a God !? after all can we call that a God !?
we all know that many part of Bible has lost during history for example the book of Isaiah is written by someone else and one can gets shocked when he reads it ! there are big misunderstandings of religions and about Bible the reason can be these:
1-mistranslation. when the ideas of translators enter the translations.
2-lost of many parts and many rewritings during historical events.
despite these facts still we can rely on truths. truths that are compatible to our wisdom. our wisdom is from God the same as divine books !

edit on 1-11-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Oh no did you really just say there is no evidence of evolution and then say you believe in god and the bible.

There is tonnes of evidence of evolution and no evidence of a god.

The fossil record shows many many fossils of early humans, how many do you want before you class it as evidence?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by maes2

Oh no did you really just say there is no evidence of evolution and then say you believe in god and the bible.
The fossil record shows many many fossils of early humans, how many do you want before you class it as evidence?

yes this Idea that the powerful survive and the weak is going to extinct is something trivial. and it has been seen in genetics. but as Darwin wanted to generalize it to everything and as a constant rule and even he wanted to explain the creation is something unacceptable. this extremist Darwin rule is failed. there are many examples that can violate Darwin rule. a violated rule is not a constant rule and it is not proved.
I know that there were humans before Adam.
moreover even if we accept Darwin evolution as an constant rule like newton rule, then how can it violates the existence of God !? what if God has created such built in abilities too !
Universal Darwin rule is just a hypothesis and it can not explain the creation or can not violate the existence of God !

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Darwinian evolution is a proven fact, it's not debatable.

The only people who would debate it have an agenda, ie. it proves their beliefs to be wrong.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

Darwinian evolution is a proven fact, it's not debatable.

Oh yes, he scientifically proved many of his statements. But for some reason, there are many instances for which his theories do not account.

The only people who would debate it have an agenda, ie. it proves their beliefs to be wrong.

I could say the same thing about you.

edit on 1-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Hold it right there. As I have already pointed out to you, if you look for evidence of a fire in a stream, you will never find it even if evidence does exist.

You are looking in the wrong place for divinity. I'm not talking about a god, I'm not talking about a higher power, I'm talking about a logical process underlying all of existence. ALL of existence, not just evolution. A logical process, one that does not adhere to fickle chaos and chance. A LAW. Is that what you are talking about when you say there is no god?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Whatever you choose to call it pal there is still no evidence if it actually existing.

I do respect how you look further than the moronic Christians but you still don't have anything that isn't within you.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Whatever you choose to call it pal there is still no evidence if it actually existing.

What do you call gravity?
You are hilarious. You are arrogant, assuming, uneducated (as far as having all the necessary degrees goes) and WAAAYYYYY too young to have that answer.

I admit, it's just my opinion, but you can't even settle for that.
You crack me up. You're no better than the Christians. Grow up a little and accept that YOU DO NOT KNOW.

Is it so hard? I can admit it. I can admit that I don't know, but I have suspicions, because I am willing to accept that a divine force or a universal principle would not necessarily meet my standards or expectations. I'm a less-than-paramount human being who has lived less than 50 years on this Earth - who am I to say divinity does or doesn't exist? If it was so obvious, we would either all be Christian, or Christianity would be taught in history class along with ancient myths and legends.

Get over yourself, your fears, your expectations, and your ego. I don't have a problem with you saying "In my opinion". But your opinions are not fact, and so far, you haven't offered me a shred of evidence.

Substantiate or suffocate, my friend. In other words, offer your proof or admit your fallibility. Such groundless self-assurance is unbecoming in such a tenuous position. Here, allow me to present MY case, such as I feel like providing at the moment. More can be made available, if you are sincerely interested.

Gravitational Consciousness

Time, Space, and Consciousness

I agree with you in that there is no god. I hate to use the word 'god', as it is very dogmatic. Its connotations function far too much like so much baggage, only dead weight and meaningless occupation of intellectual space. I prefer to call it a "law", or a "principle", rather than anything that would denote a personality, judgment, or humanistic behavior.

Anyway, here's the groundwork for my argument. If you ignore it, that's your choice. I will know then how you came to your conclusions. Should you choose to read the articles and watch the videos, and decide you want to ask me questions via U2U, I will be more than happy to discuss these matters with you.

In the meantime, do not tout your opinions as fact. I will call you out every time. I am trying to help you, trying to show you, and trying to be far more logical and rational and reasonable than most Christians you may converse with. Here is my case, or as much as I care to share at a moment's notice. Study it to your heart's content. Otherwise, the ball is in your court now. I have come through - so where is YOUR evidence?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Evolution is a fact and that was a very big nail in the coffin of religion.

Why do you and others refer to my fears, I don't have any fears, I am very satisfied in my life and in myself.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

so suppose that we accept evolution, of course there are concepts of natural selection and ..... but Universal Darwinism is a cheat a generalized evolution to everything from economics to politics and even philosophy.
even if we accepts that the ancestors of us were monkey then still it can not violate the existing of the first creator. the process of evolution is something sophisticated it can not be something accidental and random ! DNA and RNA are so complicated even far more than what we can perceive. it seems that every gen is a universe for itself !
if someday the evolution of human from monkey gets proved at most you can say that the story of Abrahamic religions about Adam is false. but you can not deny the existing of the first creator.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Why do you and others refer to my fears, I don't have any fears, I am very satisfied in my life and in myself.

Hence, the reason you are so very reluctant to shift to a new window in life.

I see you have refused to consider my case. Why would you be so rude as to decide that my opinions are not worth your time, when I have spent such time considering your views? Are you only content to know how you feel, and only content to keep your own truths? Are you uninterested in knowing what anyone else thinks?

Why, then, are you on this website? You defeat your own purpose, it seems.

I do respect how you look further than the moronic Christians but you still don't have anything that isn't within you.

That is an idiot statement, as shown by my previous post. Please, reconsider your perspective on me. Your opinion of religion is one thing - your opinion of me is another matter entirely,. Do not make the mistake of thinking that I am fooled by my heart, or that I am incapable of critical analysis. That is an insult to my abilities.

As said before, your conclusions aren't a result of research, so much as a LACK thereof. I have just provided a case which you ignored like so much refuse in an alley. That does not speak well for your beliefs as an intellectual. I am sorry for you, but you have chosen your own window - such as it is.

Blind men may walk far, but what good does it do to walk in circles?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Sorry I an just a little tired tonight I will read more thoroughly tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
People speak on many mediums of Xchange which are compartmentalized for 'control' reasons for the benefit of whom or 'what'? I've had to witness more lies, deception, manipulation, Ignorance, evil, wickedness and other forms of tomfoolery and Destruction that benefits none. It's truly amazing to witness. Folks guilty of So many crimes still in 'your' face on the tele, print, web etc. It's outrageous, innoble, disgusting and just not necessary or wise. Pure foolishness complemented with ignorance. I'm sure you would agree. If not. 'If' just doesn't apply here or 'there'.

All mankind seeks the truth where found, where discovered so I would image'in that if there was a voluntary debate established from various peoples of various thoughts of 'truth' or belief systems that much would get out in the open and be revealed or discovered for what it is/was.

There needs to be an open consortium of debate/discovery/fellowship/communion.
This is best done in private amongst a select group of folks representing one belief system or another or no belief system.
What's to fear? The truth? No, for then one would only be fooling themselves in their end.
The other problems are pride, sense of entitlement, ego, Fear and other related foolishness which truth has no place or concern.

Personally, I don't wish the death of others for their transgressions against their neighbors for they have to answer to G for that and pay for their transgressions in real time every day of their petty lives, rich or poor. If one knew better they Would do better. This makes sense because it's Of it. Am I wrong? If so, please explain. I'm listening as many others.

The world has become too dangerous for this Not to take place in the near future.
So let's have an open debate, man to man/woman, get it all out and let Reason rule the day for 'another' day.
Otherwise, I envision much unneeded death and destruction just around the corner.

No one desires that less they wish to hide from themselves from their own past deeds.
There is no where to hide in the end for all is known in their End.
So, why not debate for the sake of mankind's survival?
Seems worth it.
What do you think?

I don't like being 'pigeonholed' no more than anyone else.
When folks come together, that's when the Real majic happens, less one has something to hide.
Why would anyone wish to hide and from whom, what?
Themselves?
So, how/when could this be organized?
What do you think?
Alternative solutions?

edit on 1-11-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join