It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and us.......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

But why live a lie?

Because not all lies bear rotten fruit. It depends on how the lie is used. That's why I fight this battle, because the lie can be, and has been, used maliciously. Not always, but many times.

I want to unwrap the kernel of truth from this potentially dangerous lie because this lie instills a fear of change in the hearts of man, and that fear of change has become chains of degeneration. Soon, the time will come when we must either accept the change that comes with chaos and embrace a new order, or the chaos will consume us, reducing us to what we once were thousands of years ago.

But you mistake the kernel of truth for the seed of a lie. That's your mistake. You've stared at the lie for so long, you've forgotten what the truth looks like. That isn't your fault.

The works can be a wonderful place as it is. We don't need religion to complicate it.

No, only technology that is always scanned for military applications before it ever reaches the desk of those who would use it to heal and grow. Have you ever thought that our love of technology is the source of our pain? Technology isn't a bad thing, but it does tend to feed our vanity.

You could compare it to smoking, smokers are convinced they need to smoke even though it is not good for them. The same applies to religion. It's not done anything good for the world. It oppresses, it causes murders and it discriminates. It's not worth it

No. Religion is NOT like smoking. Christianity is not the entirety of religion. Would you discount Taoism and Buddhism because Christianity is flawed? This borders on idiocy. Stereotyping and racism has been born from the same logic you are showing right now.

One black man robs a store, and suddenly all black men are thieves. One group of Muslims attack a federal building, and suddenly all Muslims are likely terrorists. Lives have been ruined because of this fear. Do not let yourself fall prey to it, or you will never see clearly.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
You wrote a great, insightful, thoughtful, and intelligent post, I thank you, and I agree with you wholeheartedly.... the sad part is no matter what your intention was this is just going to turn into another creationist vs. evolutionist turd flinging competition. It's already starting.

"If science proves some belief of Buddhism wrong, the Buddhism will have to change."

- His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

i always knew dalai lama is a liar.
if he said this then it proves that he is unaware of buddha's teachings.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That still doesn't provide absolute evidence that its nature falls in line with that of certain modern
reply to post by AfterInfinity

friend plz elaborate which beliefs you are taking about.

While I agree with the premise of both your post and the post you were responding to, I have a number of contentions with the assumptions that draw on such a premise for credit.

and what are those contentions???

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

friend plz elaborate which beliefs you are taking about.

There is only one belief system with which this thread is connected.

and what are those contentions???

Should I list them chronologically or alphabetically?

edit on 29-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It is usually in poor form to make such a statement and fail to follow up with supporting evidence and sources for that evidence. I think this case is no exception.

Would you care to rectify this oversight and enlighten us with the research that has lead you to such a...disturbing conclusion? Otherwise, we'll be forced to regard your opinion as ill-informed and hasty. In other words, I in particular will not regard your opinion at all.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

It is usually in poor form to make such a statement and fail to follow up with supporting evidence and sources for that evidence. I think this case is no exception.

Would you care to rectify this oversight and enlighten us with the research that has lead you to such a...disturbing conclusion? Otherwise, we'll be forced to regard your opinion as ill-informed and hasty. In other words, I in particular will not regard your opinion at all.
buddha taught that that the the 'self' doesn't exist and in order to attain moksha. one has to remove the delusion of self by meditation i.e. learning to control your senses as the senses are our worst enemy.
and science is the exact opposite of the path buddha advised to take as science is merely the observatory knowledge of what exists i.e. the creation.
so tell me how you can you win a race if you are going backwards??

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by jiggerj

Science is locked in on facts

Sure is. And facts are used to prove lies everyday.

I can't argue with that, seeing as scientific math is telling us that something came from nothing, and that the universe is a hologram. a perfectly contained hologram with consistent natural laws while buzzing wildly about the event horizon of a black hole.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

The world can be a wonderful place as it is. We don't need religion to complicate it.

No what we don't need is you dictating what everyone else does or doesn't need based on your own ignorance and
aspirations of hopelessness at the end of life. This willing acceptance of a hopeless life is often times driven by lifestyle. A lifestyle that creates fear for the possibility that a Creator holds authority over his creation. Having no one to answer too might be better for certain people. But that in no way makes them correct.and even less of someone to listen too.

At that point it's complete and utter selfishness and narcissistic to say, " We don't need " this or that.

edit on 29-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sure is. And facts are used to prove lies everyday.

Yep. Like modern Christianity.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

But how can you need something that doesn't exist. What you call hope is actually delusion.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Religions original purpose was to teach man how to be in contact with his Creator on a spiritual level. Not for Religion to take on any physical real world authority over him.

Science should be used to better the way of life. Not to create means in which to enslave and profit from others who need [For example] certain medicines to live or to modify and then Patent certain foods [animal or vegetable] GMO etc.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58c70dad4cab.jpg[/atsimg]

These two stanzas sum up your post very well. I agree with what you said for the most part, and especially those line. Great post.

edit on 29-10-2012 by Stiffolous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I would push the question even closer:

- if you are an evolutionist, how does evolutionary theory mean that we need religion? What is the advantage in believing in religion? As Slayer69 says - over 50% of people believe in some kind of God and so there must be some advantage to this.

- If you are religious, the question has to be asked,why did God give such a cool solution as evolution which has proved to be correct in so many studies all around the world from paleantology to DNA sampling. It would take just one human skull to be found at a lower level of earth than say a dinosaur skull but to date this simply has not happened.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by randyvs

But how can you need something that doesn't exist.

Was this a question ? I don't want to assume anything.

According to the laws of the known uni-verse and by the rules and protocols of science itself. You are not allowed to be ignorant enough to make that claim.
edit on 29-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer, your post is just straight up evil. I will call it as I see it.

You do not care about God. If you did, you would pay attention to Him and talk with Him.

You are not God.

He is always there; watching and waiting. He talks to you but you ignore Him. All the time.

If it weren't for the fact that you reach so many people, He might not have continued talking with you but instead might have left you completely up to your delusion. But because you carry weight with many, He still talks to you because if you will listen to Him, then not only you but many because of you will also be saved.

It is your choice now - but I don't think you have much longer given to you.

You have created somewhat of a following for yourself - but to what end? A lot of the stuff that you post is good to learn. But also a lot of the stuff that you post is not good and especially your opinions. You lead people astray.

Those who might be the children of God are not led astray by the useless teachings of atheists -- but instead they are led away by Satan posing as a man believing in God - so that they can be led away from the true God and Christ who through the Holy Spirit communicates with us all every second of the day.

The devils ALSO believe in God - and they ---tremble---.

Believing is not enough. Your theories are not enough.

You must start focusing on the Lord if you want to learn anything worthy of knowledge and share anything worthy of wisdom. All other things that you have done and are doing are in vain.

Though I think that you will not learn or change. But there are others that will.

Even so, CHANGE.

You have been given a gift which you have used well - but to no profit other than to yourself and the profit to yourself is still not even great.

This is a direct message to you Slayer - you have ignored the Lord for long enough. Listen to the voice in the forefront of your mind. Accept Him and He will reveal to you a certain light that He is not showing anyone else. Reject Him and expect that your gift is taken away soon.

Pray to the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. Communicate with Him every second of the day that you remember, and love everyone around you with not only love and support, but also correction - for we need to be purified in our hearts -- our flesh may be rotting, but our spirit needs the purification of the Lord now. There is no more time to delay.

Even so, Amen.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

There was nothing "evil" about his post....and you saying so makes me wonder how altruistic and genuine you actually are. Actually I find those who label others as "evil" simply for trying to have an open conversation rather close minded. There is nothing wrong with what he had to say. It's amazing how few Christians actually understand their own religion.... People like you drove me away from the church, and now God and I get along just fine.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

This is a direct message to you Slayer - you have ignored the Lord for long enough. Listen to the voice in the forefront of your mind. Accept Him and He will reveal to you a certain light that He is not showing anyone else. Reject Him and expect that your gift is taken away soon.

There is only one Judge and one mediator between God and man.

And it isn't you !

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

But you make the biggest assumption possible. You assume without any supporting evidence whatsoever that there is a god and you have the gall to call those whose beliefs are based on evidence ignorrant.

You need a stronger argument as your current one is taking a beating.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me that people think once that piece of jelly between their ears quits working they go to a magical far away land full of eternal bliss. I hate to break it to some of you but once your brain quits working it's the end of you. Get it? over, finished, done, kaput. Religion is neither logical or rational.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Agreed.

Unfortunately it's that fear of death and oblivion that created religion and drives it forward to this day.

As a species we should really be intelligent enough to outgrow religion but people will always be scared of dying.

The irony is that less intelligent species such as dogs don't have this problem.
edit on 30-10-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

one has to remove the delusion of self by meditation i.e. learning to control your senses as the senses are our worst enemy.

I fail to see the lie in this. As a matter of common sense, many of our problems nowadays revolve around our addiction to external stimuli, which only have power because of the five senses. Remove those five senses, and the government has to find a whole new way of manipulating us. Not just the government, but the demons within us also lose their grasp because there is no longer anything to be addicted to.

Where is the lie in this?

and science is the exact opposite of the path buddha advised to take as science is merely the observatory knowledge of what exists i.e. the creation.
so tell me how you can you win a race if you are going backwards??

Let me answer that question with one of my own. Your question is: how can you win a race if you are going backwards?

My question in return is: why race at all? Walk and enjoy the view...racing lasts for a a brief time, victory lasts for an ephemeral moment, and then you just have to race again. And when it comes time to die, all you know is what it's like to want to be better than someone else. What kind of life is that?

Whereas if you simply walk away from th race and find a nice apple tree to sit under, maybe an apple will fall on your head and bring inspiration. And you know, I think that makes life much more worthwhile, because then people remember you for the victory you've given them instead of the victory you've taken for yourself.

That's the essence of Buddhism. Serve others, and in doing so, you fulfill yourself.

edit on 30-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join