It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and us.......

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
reply to post by SLAYER69

You've been open minded your whole life? And yet you say there is a lord?

Meanwhile

Science states that the Big Bang came out of nothing...............
edit on 28-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Logic... my logic... that is... tells me that an explosion just doesn't happen out of nothing.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Science like everything else mankind uses is simply a tool. Religion is a tool as well. The conflict arises when both are being used to answer the same question(s) because sometimes you get a different answer.

Science tells us what is. "We have it down to a science". Religion takes care of the questions science cannot answer. We know what those questions are, just look at all religions. It gets.. blurry when you use science to answer the religious questions because the answer is not what you expect sometimes, another clash.

And considering the backdrop, our science is very young. So is our religion. Depending on which one, religion is younger than science. We have more technical knowledge than our predecessors, more science, but has our religion progressed as much? Has it evolved and changed as man has changed.

How is it that a book from 2000 years ago still have relevance now in this day and age while a text book from twenty years ago is laudable (excluding math books. I don't think formulas are going anywhere, thank you Pythagoras) ? How is it that our religion is better than our science when our science is better than our religion.

You opened up a can of worms there

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

What if your god is 'the fittest'? Fought off the trillion other gods for supreme position.

"My God"?

What's your perspective on the "Beginning of the Universe"?
I mean "Something out of nothing":

That nothing never existed in the first place. That this energy has always existed because it can.

The universe is in perpetual motion within itself. Beginning implies there will be an end, only a transformation.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Too many people tie in the concept of a Divine Creator of the Universe with teachings associated with Organised Religion. As an open-minded agnostic, I am still open to the idea of a God existing, but not in the way God has been portrayed through Organised Religion.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Originally posted by cenpuppie
Science tells us what is.

Science tells us LIES about what is...

Most of the lies are related to God which exposes the obvious agenda.

Religion, government, history, media, and education are ALL mind control LIES.

To those of you who still believe that Science is telling the truth...

EVERYTHING is a LIE.

Originally posted by cenpuppie
How is it that a book from 2000 years ago still have relevance now in this day...

God is the same yesterday, today and forever—and unlike man, He keeps His Word.

God doesn't change, man does.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..."

GOD is the WORD and if you don’t believe the WORD, which is GOD, the GOD that never changes, the GOD that is the same yesterday, today, and forever, then you are saying there is no GOD, and you are a fool!

"God is NOT a man, that He should lie."

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Well clearly how our perception of a god has changed many times over the human history, from multiple gods with technology and weapons to belief in a single all powerfull entity.

One would have to say, that if god, as in an individual is true, then it should be the earliest definitions of him, or really them. Because in the old days, there where many gods not just one. So the belief in the bible and the single entity should from this perspective be false.

Now, one could the reason we where create actually be alien beings, and well absolutely, just as much as it would have been a magical omni-potent god who created just "us" - both science and what we know so far, both indicates that a civilisation with the right know-how and resources, both can and will bio-engineer beings for various purposes.

Now, my personal thought on this, is that our universe is created with the energy from something, we cant comprehend yet, and that we are all inter-connected at some plan. But this is all just personal philosophical thoughts.
edit on 29-10-2012 by mc4denmark because: spelling

edit on 29-10-2012 by mc4denmark because: spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think you really need to do more research on Darwinian evolution, it is no longer a competing theory in the real world against creationism.

Creationism has easily been dismissed, even if there is a god and to be blunt there isn't he did not put Adam and Eve on the planet and we started from there. That's a ridiculous notion and has been comfortably dismissed.

The confusion I find with most religious people and evolution is that they think we evolved from monkeys, they look at a chimpanzee and think evolutionists believe we were once chimps, that's not true. You have to remember all organisms on the planet have evolved, not just humans. Humans and chimps for example both evolved from a common ancestor but at no point was a human a chimp, and chimps won't become human in future. We both evolved simultaneously but along different paths.

I can appreciate that this will offend some people but it's a known discovery, it is not a theory and sooner or later the religious will have to come to terms with it. They can still believe in god if that's what they wish to do but creationism theory really can no longer be considered as a viable alternative to evolution.

We could go back to the bible start at the beginning and disprove it from there. For instance the bible claims that god made man on the 6th day, simply not true, no chance, never happened. When man wrote the bible he was using the best of his knowledge at that time which was minimal to explain creation and to be frank he got it wrong. We know undoubtedly that dinosaurs roamed the earth millions of years before man so there was a lot more than 6 days before man evolved. There are masses of fossils that prove the existence of dinosaurs but man had not discovered them when he wrote the bible. We never coexisted with dinosaurs, now some people claim that scientists planted dinosaur fossils as an elaborate way to destroy religion. To be honest these people should be committed to mental institutions.

I don't want my participation in this thread to turn into a slanging match like it has in another, I have simply used evidence to explain the facts and also my opinion. I am quite happy to read what a creationist believes but they must provide facts as part of their evidence. I can't say this strongly enough that quotations from the bible DO NOT constitute fact, it is a book written by man, no more no less. No scripture, no deep meaningful quotes from the religious please, just hard facts. Let's try use evidence for once.

edit on 29-10-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Science tells us LIES about what is...

Prove it

I'm serious

:-)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Sorry my link would not load, so my post is moot
edit on 29-10-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

"God is NOT a man, that He should lie."

Then why are we men, if we are created in his image?

EVERYTHING is a LIE.

Then you are a lie as well. Science tells me exactly how my eyes work and how my brain processes the signals. If that is all a lie, then you are a figment of my imagination. Strange, I thought my imagination had more talent than that.

GOD is the WORD and if you don’t believe the WORD, which is GOD, the GOD that never changes, the GOD that is the same yesterday, today, and forever, then you are saying there is no GOD, and you are a fool!

How does your brain even function?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

This kind of rambling is laughably simple at best and dangerously stupid at worst.

There is no god, no fictional old grey man sitting in some clouds up there. There is no afterlife. This is it. You, and everyone else, get ONE chance to live. Your faith is just that, a faith that by definition can never be proven.

Evolution is real and scientifically proven.
Creationism is nonsensical and relies on the benevolence of a divine creator.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Secret009

There is no god,

Well here we go again. Anybody else want to take this one ? Maybe Gaff can explain why this statement shows lack of experience debating this topic ?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I couldn't agree with you more, I can't tell you how many times I've seen a nun, a bishop or a Muslim woman dressed in 'ninja' gear and thought to myself "you're wasting your life".

I can't think of anything worse than believing in a lie all your life and wasting an opportunity to live.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Another great thread to keep the minds thinking SLAYER69 I enjoyed the read and the lay out you presented. keep up the good work
The Soul-Spirit-Internal energy that is Eternal to 1 is the Image made 1 feels as well. Thats why over time many are documented to possess higher abilities and even more advanced considering Lord Jesus Christ going form here to the other side and letting us know the has the keys to life and death. I have learned not to get too caught up in the name changes as long as the deity/being is demonstrating the same type of positive guiding. For I do understand that religious influences over the years have basically switched and renamed the same deities causing mass confusion but at least the energy they demonstrated remained the same.

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You wrote a great, insightful, thoughtful, and intelligent post, I thank you, and I agree with you wholeheartedly.... the sad part is no matter what your intention was this is just going to turn into another creationist vs. evolutionist turd flinging competition. It's already starting.

"If science proves some belief of Buddhism wrong, the Buddhism will have to change."

- His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

What if your god is 'the fittest'? Fought off the trillion other gods for supreme position.

"My God"?

What's your perspective on the "Beginning of the Universe"?
I mean "Something out of nothing":

That nothing never existed in the first place. That this energy has always existed because it can.

The universe is in perpetual motion within itself. Beginning implies there will be an end, only a transformation.

your answer is his proof friend.
the energy which always existed and always will is god. this universe is just a manifestation of him.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

That still doesn't provide absolute evidence that its nature falls in line with that of certain modern beliefs. While I agree with the premise of both your post and the post you were responding to, I have a number of contentions with the assumptions that draw on such a premise for credit.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

I couldn't agree with you more, I can't tell you how many times I've seen a nun, a bishop or a Muslim woman dressed in 'ninja' gear and thought to myself "you're wasting your life".

I can't think of anything worse than believing in a lie all your life and wasting an opportunity to live.

What if that lie gives them a reason to live? What then? Would you take that away from someone? Would you destroy every shred of meaning and hope in someone's life just to say, "See, I'm right"?

What if that inspired them to commit suicide out of despair and loss? Would such a pursuit seem worthwhile to you? Is that your goal in life, to abolish meaning and quantify everything until there is no wonder left to behold, only a facsimile of the Matrix like a quintillion numbers streaming across reality as proof that beauty, love, and kindness are just chemicals and the purpose of our being born is solely to die?

What kind of life is that? What kind of truth is that? Is the subsequent decades of billions enduring the hopelessness of a meaningless existence worth a single moment, a single day of vindication? That's not a search for truth, that's a search for despair. That's terrorism on a whole new level.

That's not what you should be looking for.
edit on 29-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

please explain miracles and prophecy ...

without God , these two cannot function ,

and millions of witnesses agree

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

But why live a lie?

The world can be a wonderful place as it is. We don't need religion to complicate it.

You could compare it to smoking, smokers are convinced they need to smoke even though it is not good for them. The same applies to religion. It's not done anything good for the world. It oppresses, it causes murders and it discriminates. It's not worth it
edit on 29-10-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join