It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and us.......

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The problem with this argument is man's inability to completely comprehend more than he can see.
Which only seems to become more rampant with our complete stray from nature.

I believe that all humans on this planet had/have a intuition, of sorts, of a supreme being.
But all these modern distractions came along and diluted those thoughts.
We became obsessed with ourselves thinking we can make it all happen.
...and there are no consequences to our actions...

But that's just my belief and I believe in good and evil.
Or God and Lucifer. [much more than that but I'll keep it short]

Besides...how can you look at something so perfectly in place like the Earth...
And say "It's just a coincidence!"

There's just too much we don't know about this life.
Things we will never figure out.
So enjoy what has been given to us.
And take care of it.

Good thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
reply to post by SLAYER69

You've been open minded your whole life? And yet you say there is a lord?

Meanwhile

Science states that the Big Bang came out of nothing...............
edit on 28-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Putyournamehere

You've been open minded your whole life? And yet you say there is a lord?

Meanwhile

Science states that the Big Biang came out of nothing...............

We are the ones who determined what nothing was or wasn't. Nothing is relative to something.
Without us, there is nothing. Or is there?

Science HYPOTHESIZES the Big Bang came from nothing, but again, what is nothing?
Is something, only 'something' because we exist to name it?

Why does the zero-point have to begin with the big bang, and why does it have to be nothing?

Why can't the universe have existed forever?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
We are the ones who determined what nothing was or wasn't. Nothing is relative to something.
Without us, there is nothing. Or is there?

Science HYPOTHESIZES the Big Bang came from nothing, but again, what is nothing?

All very well written but it doesn't explain where it all came from.....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
science is observing and applying what God has created.

so they can never be in conflict. it is when some people start using science against God and to "prove" God does not exist, is when there is a conflict.

when you can use science to find a common ground with God is when the beauty and the awe and the true nature of what you are seeing comes into focus.

for God is a physicist, a biologist, a chemist, a mathematician, an astronomer, a doctor, a neuroscientist, a geologist and every other field of known science and medicine.

and to find a common bond with God and to explore all those fields with God as your guide to unlocking those mysteries, together is a great gift and blessing.

edit on 28-10-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I figured some people would hold onto the image of some old grey haired old fart sitting on a cloud.............

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Now I'm not saying Darwin's evolution and Creationism are both wrong. I am saying however that neither give the other lines any credit.

True for the most part but according to Genesis, taxonomy is bound by reproductive compatibility. It allows for variance of species within genera and possibly even for genus within families (though a viable offspring is unlikely). There IS room for horizontal gene modification according to Genesis.

So, as far as observable evolution (usually called micro-evolution in creationist circles) is concerned, we do give Darwinism that degree of credit.
edit on 28-10-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

man slayer lol u the real deal. Love your posts. Keep up the good work.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I don't believe Evolution and Science prove there is no "God",

Science will never prove there is no god, no unicorns, and no pots of gold at the end of rainbows. For the god part, every time science erases one proof that a god isn't behind something, the religious place their bets on something else as proof. Science is locked in on facts while the religious keep raising the bar on their beliefs.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Science is locked in on facts while the religious keep raising the bar on their beliefs.

You are correct there. I have no argument against your statement.
The facts available still do not prove there is No God, nor do they prove there is A God.

Raising the bar is silly....can we please just get on with the discovery?

(I really do think that modern scholarship and science point to evidence of something other than random chance.....but, I am also hanging by a thread onto hope that there is something more than just DNA, born, reproduce, die, etc.)

Like I've said often...I'm confused.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
science is observing and applying what God has created.

Explain something from nothing.

I mean the known Universe......

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Science is locked in on facts

Sure is. And facts are used to prove lies everyday.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

One is responsible for their own actions.........

No?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Until there is a new paradigm then It's up for speculation AGAIN

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Darwinism is stupid. Darwin would be rolling in his grave flabbergasted at what his theory got perverted into being.

LETS GET IS STRAIGHT..... WE DIDN'T COME FROM A STUPID MONKEY!!!!!

I like what you said about how we might be made spiritual. That's exactly right. We look at everything as solid and physical. THERE'S NOTHING THERE!!! It's all a RV simulation. It's all energy. It's all fake! We're in the enterprise hollow deck, literally we are!

There's nothing in an atom. it's mostly all energy. That's the spiritual beings we are. Forget this idea of physical changes and darwinian type ideas. it's all thought. all spirit. All energy. It's God's creation that he's set our soul and spirit into this physical simulation, that we can mold and shape to our liking, as part of the free will he's given us.

God is also inside every atom. It's his energy there. Anyway, forget this whole idea of physical. It's not physical in the way we are tricked into thinking it is. It's all energy that's actually behind anything within the VR simulation even you. Now get to know the one who created it before you time is up. It's important.

edit on 28-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Darwinism is stupid.

Conversely I wouldn't discount the theory completely.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by r2d246
Darwinism is stupid.

Conversely I wouldn't discount the theory completely.

Would that theory apply to everything?
What if your god is 'the fittest'? Fought off the trillion other gods for supreme position.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Someday, When Religion expands and finally grasps the full potential that God Himself gave to us and Science finally figures out all there is to know about the Macro, Micro and even the Multi through their advanced high tech tools. I have a feeling that while peering at the infinitely small or infinitely large they'll find a sign of sorts hanging there that simply reads...

Hi Slayer!!!

Glad to see you giving light to this subject.

I agree and do also hope to see the day come when the two.. spiritual/science.. come together and grasp the full potential of the mind and spirit combo. Mind is the builder.

The mysteries of the Universe are fun to study and think about. Even the ancient myths seem to come to life, especially these days. My son who is 15 has learned so much about the Greek Gods. He is reading for school and pleasure about the ancient myths and sees truth in them all. Here in Nashville Tn we have the Parthenon, and Athens, TN as well as Atlanta, Georgia are tied to the myths... along with most cultures.

Our cultures all over the world are tied to the myths... not to mention NASA and other organizations are too tied to the "Gods".

Deep thinkers are becoming more and more open about their spirituality. Maybe its just me... but I see it.

Do we really need religion when we all feel differently at the root of "belief"? Can we all not respect each belief and learn that the truth lies somewhere in the middle?

Again.... Im glad to see you shedding your light.

Jenn

ETA: Have to add some astrotheology! Its where my heart is at present.

edit on 28-10-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

What if your god is 'the fittest'? Fought off the trillion other gods for supreme position.

"My God"?

What's your perspective on the "Beginning of the Universe"?
I mean "Something out of nothing":
edit on 28-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Originally posted by jiggerj
Science is locked in on facts while the religious keep raising the bar on their beliefs.

Science, just like politics and religion, has very LITTLE to do with facts and instead has become nothing but lies and mind control....

Science has become a Religion and a Mind Control Tool for the masses.

Science, just like EVERY key area in life including government, history, education, media, medicine, and religion has been subjugated and are almost entirely Illuminati controlled.

This is the reason WHY most people actually believe what the government, media, and religion are are telling them.

They are mind controlled ZOMBIES...

"...the Illuminati eventually controlled the science departments in all colleges and institutions of higher learning. The plan was to stifle scientific knowledge and then twist what was left to fit the science they wanted the people to believe. They accomplished this by adopting new rules in regards to scientific research.

With the control of science in their hands, and the discouragement of seeking new findings they took it a step further. Next, the Robber Baron flunkies of the Illuminati used their ill-gotten gains, under the guise of philanthropy, to establish “Foundations” and “Societies” such as the National Geographical Society and the Smithsonian Institute “for the increase and diffusion of knowledge among men,” but in reality to help cover-up and hide away anything that doesn’t fit the accepted theories."

Who Controls Knowledge?

edit on 28-10-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join