It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and us.......

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

Im not worried about being right.

What I do want to do is tell you my thoughts as you do .... nothing more.

The Earth WAS without form, says Genesis. It was void before it was in form. How long did it take to form? It took him according to Genesis 6000 years to form the Earth, for life. I would say... he took his time. lol

Creation, thus continues. It was set in motion.. and so it is.

No doubt... in my mind of thoughts there are thoughts saying man had a lot to do with dogma presented in the Bible. I also think it has truth in it... one just has to find it. What is your truth may not be mine though. What you need is far different that I. Discernment when reading our history is necessary, in my opinion.

Adam to me is not just one man. He is a metaphor for man (without gender). When the Atom-Adam split, mankind (males and females) was created and this includes all races as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

I never said your belief is ridiculous. I asked questions.... now please answer them and not get so defensive.

Geez!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mc4denmark
reply to post by SLAYER69

Because at the moment the only evidence for a "he" is the bible or the Muslim beliefs. All older religions describes multiple gods and not one, and all fringe science today indicates that we are all the same energy as the universe. vibrating at specific frequencies. That all we see are nothing more that light-waves at different frequencies.
edit on 12-1-2013 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

"Gods" came from where? Did they just appear out of the blue though?

I happen to believe... currently.... our history as a species has changed, hence the veil/mist that is described in ancient mythology. Gods we may have been in the past... and now... a veil/mist. Gods were here before the Earth was formed~possibly. They were here on Earth in spirit and became trapped in matter and was in need of a body~material to experience another type of evolution. My thoughts anyway. Atlantis and all the ancient myths may indeed have truth to them... we just have to find it. lol

When mankind was made in Genesis, maybe it was because the Gods needed to be taken down a notch or two... I have no idea. Just thinking aloud.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

What is a god, though? What's the definition of a god? Not according to the Christian definition, but a global definition...what is a god? What makes something or someone godly? Exactly what attribute or set of parameters determines the godly status of an entity?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

But if my truth conflicts with your truth they both can't be the truth.

You seem to be cherry picking the bible. Why not just ignore it all rather than just bits.

Answer me this. The bible states that god created the earth and then said let there be light thus creating the sun. Do you really believe the earth is older than the sun?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I never said your belief is ridiculous. I asked questions.... now please answer them and not get so defensive.

Geez!!!!

MamaJ said this, of which Mama denies;

Ok...... so...... uh....... the Universe created us, huh? Is this wishful thinking or do you have proof? Does the Universe live? Could the Universe we live in be a "god"? Please tell me as you act like you know the facts.

My realist views are all pretend.

To add; At least you capitalized my 'god' the 'Universe' and left your 'god' un-capitalized.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2013 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by MamaJ

But if my truth conflicts with your truth they both can't be the truth.

You seem to be cherry picking the bible. Why not just ignore it all rather than just bits.

Answer me this. The bible states that god created the earth and then said let there be light thus creating the sun. Do you really believe the earth is older than the sun?

I am not here for your truth though... Im here on this planet for not your needs, but mine.

It doesn't say he created the sun but it doesn't need clarification by me that he didn't. Light can be had without the sun. I think of it in spirit (light). Moving over the waters...

I can and do cherry pick ancient texts. I don't ignore it unless I feel the need to.
edit on 13-1-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I am not denying your truth.... get off your high horse and come back down where I am standing. I am not against you.... please.... answer my original questions. I was picking your brain. Trying to get you to expand your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

When I think of a God I think of a being of light, energy, wave who transforms into whatever they want~ laws given, of course.

When I think of a singularity of which we all derive.... I think of a Father of Creation. A singularity. A single mind of which we all get energy from. The one who governs consciousness and the laws therein. Today anyway... these are my thoughts.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Wow just reading you squirming about the crap in the bible confirms to me that this world is full or ignorrant idiots who only believe what they want to regardless or rational knowledge and evidence.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

You know what they say about someone who points the finger?

Whatever.... you are obviously not "compatible" with me. This relationship is over!

If you know how to listen.... do so with this video.

There is a little bit of truth in everything. Believe it or not.... your choice. I can be the idiot if it makes you sleep better.

edit on 13-1-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I would like to share some videos.... some are lengthy but well worth the time, unless you are one who likes to listen to yourself only.

This first one is an interview of a Neurosurgeon (Dr. Eben Alexander III ) who had a NDE while in a coma for a week due to bacterial meningitis. His story is similar to the typical NDE however there is a part of his story that adds credibility this was not something from which his brain derived. It was an experience outside the body AND brain. You will have to listen to the entire video to get to the "book spoiler" he mentions.

The next video is from a man I admire and love to listen to. I have watched/listened to all of his lectures and when I say all.... ALL that is available on YouTube. The nine hour ones? Yep.... those too. I really do love his voice and knowledge. Manly P Hall.... here is his take on the invisible.

Alan Watts is another one I enjoy listening to.... a couple I just listened to again from him is great for this thread too.... so thats why he is added.

Here are minds that are a lot like mine. I hope you enjoy the depth it takes your mind and soul too. Its a level that is quite profound you are surely going to learn a few things you had not previously known or thought of.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I would also like to present to this thread the website Dr. Eben Alexander III help create. Its a research site called Eterea.org. www.eternea.org...

Here is the sites "philosophy" as I think it will resonate with some of the members who contributed to this thread.

Eternea supports the position that eternal spiritual existence is a reality for all living things throughout the whole of creation. It bases this conviction on evidence generated by research into spiritually transformative experiences, so-called psychic phenomena, mind-body medicine, spontaneous healings, as well as findings emerging from compelling studies by physicists and others focused on the quantum nature of consciousness. We infer from this evidence that the sum total of reality is not limited to physical-material matter, as mainstream science now contends, but rather consists of a spiritual or meta-physical dimension as well. We infer that consciousness and perception are not a by-products or epiphenomena of bio-electro-chemical processes in the brain, but rather an aspect of them exists independently of physical brain processes. Moreover, we support the notion that a fundamental aspect of consciousness we refer to as intrinsic awareness is built into the fabric of the cosmos. Therefore all things possess at least some level of awareness by virtue of their quantum properties and their participation in quantum interactions. When most or all human beings accept the reality of eternal spiritual existence and continuity of a core aspect of consciousness beyond physical death, a new age of enlightenment will begin and a new world will emerge, one based wholly on kindness, compassion, goodwill and altruism, or in short, one based on the Golden Rule. The first step in this process is to provide human beings with a valid, reliable, credible, empirical basis for shedding the illusion and misperception that reality is void of a spiritual or meta-physical dimension. Eternea is committed to serving that purpose. Eternea aspires to give human beings compelling reason to develop the firm conviction that they are more than what is physical and that what they do while in physical form affects the whole of creation correspondingly and has transcendent consequences that manifest throughout the cosmos.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

There is virtue to being physical. Physicality more readily demonstrates the opportunities of imperfection, which are more subtle but infinitely more valuable in the metaphysical realms. Considering the reliance of humans on their five senses, spiritual lessons are most convenient when conveyed through these five senses. When these spiritual lessons have been absorbed, the nuances of the more subtle planes make more sense.

It's difficult to explain, but I hope that gets the gist across.
edit on 14-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You explained it well and I totally agree. Your first sentence summed it up and I did understand but with explanation, as you gave, its clarity, and maybe others will also understand how it is a virtue and needed process. It makes sense to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Darwinism tells us something along the lines of survival of the fittest and that the superior traits for any given environment would become dominate and win out over lesser ones. Then if that's the case why didn't the Neanderthals win out? They were physically stronger, used tools and fire and had larger brains.

The facts is that Neanderthal is not here today as a species. It should be clear that the issues raised here were not the important issues in survival of Neanderthal. Something else caused Neanderthal to go extinct. It's an issue that you did not consider.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

That's the heart of the matter. Thanks infinity.

I know exactly how it feels to be conflicted when near religious persons. The rational part of my mind wants to correct them, but I also feel sorry for them. I shutup. I wish them a good life.

The sum of it is that we can't stop death and we can't reach out beyond the limitations of this life to fully grasp the meaning of everything. There're a slew of questions that're impossible to answer. Thus, it makes sense to believe whatever makes us feel good. Believing that after you die you'll live in heaven is better than believing your mind will terminate and your body will be worm food. Similarly, if you're a chicken that's trapped in a slaughterhouse, it's better to believe that all the pain has a higher purpose and that when you die you'll go to heaven than it's to believe in the reality.

If somebody wants to believe they'll be worm food after they die and that their consciousness ends forever then fine. If a chicken wants to believe it's just a factory product then fine.

But if I was a chicken in a slaughterhouse, I'd rather believe in something more. If I have no hope of changing the reality then what's the point in filling my mind with despair. Imagine if you're a chicken trapped in a cage and your leg is broke. What hope is there? NONE. So believe you will. Maybe you'll believe in the mythical Chosen One - like in the Matrix - who'll free all the chickens. If that's too ambitious then maybe you'll just believe that the pain of this life ensures a glorious after-life.

There's a reason 90% of people believe in God. This is it.

Know what else? I don't believe we're alone. I believe the animals do this too. Their concept of God will be much simpler and not require 1000+ page texts or immense religious orders.

One way I deal with the thought of death is I imagine that we touch immortality through our children and through others around us. See, if I lived X years, I'd experience X change. Between every person on earth there's X change. Now if you find the point where this is equal to the number of years I have to live to reach that level of change then you'll see that they're, for the most part, interchangeable. Based on this, I kind of look at children and other people as other parts of me that may have been or are yet to be. I look at all the future generations as a version of my own self if I had lived for eons and eons. This allows me to touch immortality without actually living forever.

To explain this idea further, lets say that in 80 years I experience X change. Lets say that this amount of change is equal to the average amount of change between any two people on earth. I can't say what I'll be in 80 years, you know? I could end up being a lot of things. And this is true for everyone. Our identity is constantly shifting around. Even the atoms in our body are always moving. In every several year interval the atoms in our body are completely new. There're of course some things that don't change a whole lot. This idea ain't 100% preservative. However, the point is that since I don't know exactly how I'll change after 80 years then I may as well pick at random somebody on the street and say "Hello, so we meet again!" They'll say "Hmm?" I'll laugh conspiratorially.

Tomorrow I might wake up and change the idea. But for now it seems to click.

And one last thing. By dying we keep our identity as-is. If we lived forever we'd have an infinite number of identities. I think after 100000000000000 identities it'd start to feel meaningless? By dying we ensure that the cycle ends and that our identity sticks and either is remembered that way or is just forgotten. But is that such a bad thing? Everything gets forgotten whether we live forever or not. But a person that lives forever is going to have a lot more names and won't be remembered the same way as a person that has died since their identity is always shifting around.

Rama Revealed is an interesting book to read.
edit on 16-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The facts is that Neanderthal is not here today as a species. It should be clear that the issues raised here were not the important issues in survival of Neanderthal. Something else caused Neanderthal to go extinct. It's an issue that you did not consider.

I actually have addressed that.
My views on them are posted in some of the threads linked in my signature.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Some scientists believe the neanderthal interbred with us.
Apparently there are people walking around today with 3% or so of neanderthal DNA.
Some more, some less, Africans have the lowest neanderthal DNA apparently.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I actually have addressed that.
My views on them are posted in some of the threads linked in my signature.

Actually, you have not. Having links in your signature is not the same as posted here.

You posted a number of issues why you think Neanderthal should be here today. Since Neanderthal is not here today suggests that your reasoning is flawed. A good question might be why the issues you brought up did not allow Neanderthal to survive. You claim they were stronger, used tools, fire, and had larger brains. These did not make it possible for Neanderthal to make it to the present.

The traits that allow for survival are not necessarily the traits people might think are advantageous.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join