It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and us.......

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I know I've never posted a perspective on this subject before but for some reason I've been moved.....

Evolution and Creationism:

I'm not trying to "Debunk" both the Bible or Darwinism but both seem to be missing the point.

If there is a God and over half the planet believes there is. [Myself included] and most religions of the world perceives him/it as a spiritual being and if he made us in his image wouldn't that be more along the lines of a spiritual nature rather than a physical one?

Darwinism tells us something along the lines of survival of the fittest and that the superior traits for any given environment would become dominate and win out over lesser ones. Then if that's the case why didn't the Neanderthals win out? They were physically stronger, used tools and fire and had larger brains.

As I stated earlier Science in one way shape or form and Religion have been with us since the earliest days of our existence and especially shown themselves in the earliest forms of monument building. If standing stones and all other Megalithic site are not all "Astronomical" markers of some sort then the are classified as some sort of "Religious" site.

I find that rather interesting for if a site is not based on "Science" then it gets classified as a "Religious" site. I believe that in Human history the best periods are when both Science and Religion come together and cooperate. [An ancient now forgotten Golden Age?]

A Perspective on Evolution and Creationism:

It seems to me that both Darwinism and Creationism are both unwitting partners in a Conspiracy of sorts.

In Darwinism we are told that we "Evolved" to where we are today "Modern Man". And that everything of intelligence we find in the fossil record belongs to "Homo-Sapien - Modern man". While anything lesser belongs to the other non-homo Sapien lines.

In Religion, God created "Man" in his image. I'm assuming here from what I've read they are referring to "Homo-Sapien aka Modern man" While anything lesser that belongs to the other non-homo sapian lines are to be ignored.

Meanwhile those other lines, Were tool users, Made use of fire, Lived in a family unit. Some buried their dead with signs of a belief in a after life [Religion].

Now I'm not saying Darwin's evolution and Creationism are both wrong. I am saying however that neither give the other lines any credit. Yet Genetically speaking we are carrying those other lines contributions that make us who we are today. So, we CAN claim their history and possible accomplishments as our own. Just like I can claim my Great Great Grandfathers even though we don't look anything alike nor ever met.

We as a species have always carried with us both Science and Religion. I believe deep down inside mankind has always understood this. We build temples [Ancient or not] which requires planning, engineering and mathematics [sciences] to accomplish. Is this not a form of symbioses? For those who believe in a stricter form of Religion did not God give us the ability for higher thinking? Maybe the Fossil record is nothing more than how an infinite being went about his business during creation?

Religions original purpose was to teach man how to be in contact with his Creator on a spiritual level. Not for Religion to take on any physical real world authority over him.

Science should be used to better the way of life. Not to create means in which to enslave and profit from others who need [For example] certain medicines to live or to modify and then Patent certain foods [animal or vegetable] GMO etc.

Someday, When Religion expands and finally grasps the full potential that God Himself gave to us and Science finally figures out all there is to know about the Macro, Micro and even the Multi through their advanced high tech tools. I have a feeling that while peering at the infinitely small or infinitely large theyll find a sign of sorts hanging there that simply reads...

I see you finally figured it out
Welcome home
God

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58c70dad4cab.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 9/1/13 by JAK because: Edited fix upon member request

edit on 9/1/13 by JAK because: Edited fix upon member request

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

A beautiful post Slayer

I agree with you on some of it - and not so much on other points

But - that's to be expected

I have only one thing I'd like to say:

Science should be used to better the way of life. Not to create means in which to enslave and profit from others who need [For example] certain medicines to live or to modify and then Patent certain foods [animal or vegetable] GMO etc.

Blame not science for any of this - the blame lies elsewhere. I think you know that

The same people who would use religion to enslave and profit will have their way with science as well

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
"Thus, it seems that the ultimate reason behind Neanderthals extinction was not due to their mental capacities but to the shape of their larynx."

news.softpedia.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I know it's an "in your face" post.
I'm thankful that some ATS members are open minded

There is a God lord but it's not apparent......

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I tend to think religions original purpose was to provide explanations for the world in the absence of the scientific method.

I'm curious. What underpins your belief that there is a 'Good Lord'?

I ask as you are a contributor here i respect. I enjoy your postings and often agree. On this issue I don't. In my nearly 40 years in existence i've not seen anything that convinces me there is a higher power of any sort, much less one that could be considered good by any human reckoning.

What made you personally travel from the 'we don't know' to the 'theres a good lord' conclusion?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

There is a God lord but it's not apparent......

Liked your OP. Well written.

On this statement, however, and with your acknowledgement of our higher intelligence in the OP, how many ways can you write this without it becoming a huge problem for you as a believer?

There is a God, but it's not apparent.
There is a God, but there's no direct evidence.
There is a God, but there's no proof.
There is a God, but we don't know why it took him 14 billion years to create us.
There is a God, but we don't know why he only recently made himself known to us when we've been on this planet for 100,000 to 250,000 years.
There is a God, but no two people can totally agree on just what He is.

In my view, not only is there no evidence of a god, there's a LOT of no evidence.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I read what you had to offer and it was insightful but other then that it's just your opinion. I can relate, as I feel that there has to be some higher being as well but I just can't believe in it although I want too. I want something after death too, a heaven if you will, something too look forward too after this hard life is over. Will I get it? I'm not so sure, probably just end up as dinner for maggots. I appreciate you taking the time to write out your feelings, but your so much more interesting in ancient civilization topics.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
According to the superstring theory, there are ten dimensions, six of which we are unable to experience with our five senses.

According to my theory, God is all known dimensions combined, and we are all a part of this entity.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Slayer, this is profound, and a very timely post. I wrote recently that I don't believe Evolution and Science prove there is no "God", and that the two (Science and God) are not mutually exclusive.

An excellent recent book discusses the Abrahamic God in modern, secular terms (by a "materialist"). It delves into all aspects of the scientific approaches to "prove" religion, as well as sociological and psychological evolution, with wit and depth of thought that surpasses anything else I've read (of recent copyright).

The Evolution of God by Robert Wright.

Earlier in the year, I had read The Fifth Gospel: New Evidence from the Tibetan, Sanskrit, Arabic, Persian and Urdu Sources About the Historical Life of Jesus Christ After the Crucifixion by Haissnain and Levi, two very well-respected scholars from the East.

The two books both investigate the Abrahamic Religion(s) and theories of the life of Jesus based on hard evidence, and both offer remarkable and respectable sources for their arguments that (in my opinion) "main-stream" thought is choosing to ignore. It takes some critical self-analysis on a societal level to come to a new degree of understanding.

There's no need to dismiss "God" if one wants to believe in evolution, or science in general. Humans are just very impatient, and egotistical. Perhaps we are but a stepping-stone on the way to a(n even) higher form of life that will get the job accomplished.

Who are we to judge the timeline and delivery date of the Plan of the Divine?

As for me, I'm more undecided than ever. On many things.

Great post. S/F

edit on 28-10-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
What made you personally travel from the 'we don't know' to the 'theres a good lord' conclusion?

Life experience

I know it's simply life experience....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Interestingly enough, I believe science has already implied the existence of a divine power. We simply don't have the concrete proof yet. Additionally, it doesn't exactly fit in with the traditional version of a god.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Precisely, AfterInfinity....
I agree with you, and it seems to me the mainstream organized religions need to address this fact rather than balking like toddlers who don't want to go shopping anymore on a Saturday afternoon.

The Dalai Lama has said,

I wish the Pope and every televangelist would say the same. Perhaps we could all move forward with a collective sigh of relief. Let's just get on with it....please...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Faith has no connection with our action.......

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Faith has no connection with our action.......

That's a load of fecal matter and you know it. I have friends who would cuff me on the head for making such a blatantly erroneous remark...my friends and I discuss deep stuff on a regular basis, so it's a kind of training for me. Similar to a slap with a wooden sword.

Anyway, rethink that logic if you would. It's scarily inaccurate.
edit on 28-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
That's a load of fecal matter and you know it.

A life's open minded experience is a load of fecal matter?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You've been open minded your whole life? And yet you say there is a lord?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
All I want to know is why you believe in god Slayer.

I must know your reasoning for it.
edit on 28-10-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

"Imagination is more important than knowledge "

" Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind "

"Seems the only thing that interferes with my learning is my education "

" I know two things that go to infinity. The universe and the stupidity of man. I'm not completely sure about the universe "

Albert Einstein

SnF

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere

You've been open minded your whole life? And yet you say there is a lord?

Wouldn't that be part of being open-minded?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Or you could look at that from the other way. I guess it's up to you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join