It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Advance Knowledge (min 4-6 weeks) of Hurricane Sandy? Evacuations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I felt this deserved its own thread, for those who might have missed it.

I was looking for info, trying to figure out why everyone seemed to be freaking out over Hurricane Sandy, when I came across this reddit post. It was made a full 22 days ago, and the events described supposedly happened September 20th.

The OP describes how he got a call from his mother asking about evacuation plans. Then OP's mom tells how she got a call from a friend of hers, who got this info from her daughter and son in law who is in the military. The info was supposedly (given 9/20) that there would be a massive devastating storm around this time frame that would leave the east coast under water, and there were planned evacuations, etc. Here is the relevant info from the post:

About 2 weeks ago my mom called me to see if I had a bug out plan, which is interesting because we have never talked about anything like this. We have discussed politics, religion and various other issues, but nothing along the lines of "What do we do if the # hits the fan?" Her reasoning behind this is that her best friend of 37 years called her and said that her daughter and son-in-law were called into a private meeting on base regarding a probable evacuation scenario of the East Coast. (Son-in-law is in the Special Forces, apparently high up. I think the base was Ft. McPhearson in Georgia). From what she said, the daughter and SIL where brought in and made to sign a non-disclosure agreement saying they would tell no one, under the penalty of treason, what they were told during the meeting. They were told that in 4-6 weeks (this was around 9/20) the East Coast would experience some type of disaster that would cause it to be under water. They were also told to make a go bag and be prepared to leave at a moments notice. That is about all I have. This does come from someone I trust, and someone who trusts her daughter and son-in-law. I don't see any reason for them to make it up or freak out over a routine or drill. From what my moms friend says the military does not do these types of drills without warning everyone that it is just a drill. She has been married to a military man for 20 years.

Source: www.reddit.com...

Personally, and I try not to get too tin-foil hat, this freaks me out a bit.

I saw some supposed HAARP monitor map in another thread, and coincidentally the highest peaks in detection seemed to occur right along the supposed path of the storm.

So I guess if our stuff ends up under water, we know who to look at. Now does military fore-knowledge of something like this mean they caused it with HAARP? Well, it could be just as easily argued that they have been experimenting with long-range weather forecasting, as I believe someone even pointed out in that redditt thread. But that would not negate the fact that they knew the crap was about to hit the fan, and didn't tell everyone to get out PRIOR. So yeah.... I guess if we end up submerged I'm going to be pretty ticked off, as I can imagine a lot of people will be.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I mentioned in the "Sandy" thread, that on George Ure's urbansurvival.com site that a similar warning by someone in the military, posted before the hurricane became known, was sent in to George and he posted it on his website. Not sure if related but it talked about not traveling anywhere, if I recall right, during the time leading up to the election because of the chance of getting stranded. Maybe someone with a little more inclination can contact him, he takes tips for stories and posts in his daily news updates. The daily stories scroll down and may drop off so not sure it can still be found there, but maybe worth a shot for any interested.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
this the like the 3rd thread i've seen... that was on it's own.. ugh.. why don't people look...

Originally posted by iwilliam
I felt this deserved its own thread, for those who might have missed it.

I was looking for info, trying to figure out why everyone seemed to be freaking out over Hurricane Sandy, when I came across this reddit post. It was made a full 22 days ago, and the events described supposedly happened September 20th.

The OP describes how he got a call from his mother asking about evacuation plans. Then OP's mom tells how she got a call from a friend of hers, who got this info from her daughter and son in law who is in the military. The info was supposedly (given 9/20) that there would be a massive devastating storm around this time frame that would leave the east coast under water, and there were planned evacuations, etc. Here is the relevant info from the post:

About 2 weeks ago my mom called me to see if I had a bug out plan, which is interesting because we have never talked about anything like this. We have discussed politics, religion and various other issues, but nothing along the lines of "What do we do if the # hits the fan?" Her reasoning behind this is that her best friend of 37 years called her and said that her daughter and son-in-law were called into a private meeting on base regarding a probable evacuation scenario of the East Coast. (Son-in-law is in the Special Forces, apparently high up. I think the base was Ft. McPhearson in Georgia). From what she said, the daughter and SIL where brought in and made to sign a non-disclosure agreement saying they would tell no one, under the penalty of treason, what they were told during the meeting. They were told that in 4-6 weeks (this was around 9/20) the East Coast would experience some type of disaster that would cause it to be under water. They were also told to make a go bag and be prepared to leave at a moments notice. That is about all I have. This does come from someone I trust, and someone who trusts her daughter and son-in-law. I don't see any reason for them to make it up or freak out over a routine or drill. From what my moms friend says the military does not do these types of drills without warning everyone that it is just a drill. She has been married to a military man for 20 years.

Source: www.reddit.com...

Personally, and I try not to get too tin-foil hat, this freaks me out a bit.

I saw some supposed HAARP monitor map in another thread, and coincidentally the highest peaks in detection seemed to occur right along the supposed path of the storm.

So I guess if our stuff ends up under water, we know who to look at. Now does military fore-knowledge of something like this mean they caused it with HAARP? Well, it could be just as easily argued that they have been experimenting with long-range weather forecasting, as I believe someone even pointed out in that redditt thread. But that would not negate the fact that they knew the crap was about to hit the fan, and didn't tell everyone to get out PRIOR. So yeah.... I guess if we end up submerged I'm going to be pretty ticked off, as I can imagine a lot of people will be.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
I felt this deserved its own thread,

It already does.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Sorry -- I did look and didn't see it.

Maybe the other thread or two got pushed back to the second page because someone doesn't want people to know this.

Just a thought -- but I guess that would be a bit paranoid.

I somehow didn't see it in a search either. But looking again I do see it on the list. I must have just glossed over it.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Usually, we get advance notice of these storms for days before they hit the caribbean, as they can be seen coming across the Atlantic from where they form in Western Africa.

Did this advance notice get lost duringthe media hysteria over the Presidential race?

All I remember hearing is that the storm hit the Caribbean and 21 people died. Which raises the possibility of a HAARP powered storm rather than a natural storm?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Don't you dare be sorry. you are not at fault here. so, big deal, there are other threads..

anyhoos, thanks for this thread!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Usually, we get advance notice of these storms for days before they hit the caribbean, as they can be seen coming across the Atlantic from where they form in Western Africa.

Did this advance notice get lost duringthe media hysteria over the Presidential race?

If you mean a warning for the public, I do not believe that is the case. If we assume this person is telling the truth, The mother's friend's daughter and son in law were made to sign a non-disclosure agreement. This indicates an active attempt to keep the general public uninformed.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
you might find this thread of some interest.
it was posted on the 8th.
take it as you will, kinda strange to me.

East Coast Bases Being Evacuated

makes you wonder if someone else has a haarp too, and are actively targeting the U.S.

edit on 29-10-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
you might find this thread of some interest.
it was posted on the 8th.
take it as you will, kinda strange to me.

East Coast Bases Being Evacuated

makes you wonder if someone else has a haarp too, and are actively targeting the U.S.

edit on 29-10-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the heads up on that post. I did see that around when it was first posted, and yes it does seem like it could tie into this.

As for other countries/parties using HAARP against us: Maybe it's possible. I would not consider it likely in this case, and here is why. It is my understanding that they have a number of these little HAARP projects in different locations around the world, no? This, to me, would indicate that there is a range issue with this tool/weapon.

I would not imagine that there are any "enemy" countries close enough to the east coast US to be employing such a weapon, unless they were able to do it from the deck of a ship, in which case I imagine we would just bomb the b'jeezus out of them and be done with it.

Is it possible? Maybe, I suppose. Is it likely? I'm not so sure of that one. I think it's more likely to be Mommy Nature or Uncle Sam.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

In fact we did, well at least for me here. Hurricane Sandy is all I've heard about for the past few days. I live in Chantilly, VA, which is about 30 mins west of Washington, DC, we have been on big warnings here. We have had plenty of flood and high wind alerts and we aren't even in the direct path of the hurricane, well hopefully it stays that way as it makes landfall. It's been all over the news all weekend about warnings, how to prepare, and possible worst case scenarios. All this and we are on not even at the heart of the hurricane.

Also, New York and New Jersey have been doing major evacuations for the storm coming through. So, to say that people didn't get warning is a flat out lie. Honestly, with how these things are tracked and watched, you can't get a good accurate idea of what will happen until it is a few days out. Especially with hurricanes and tropical storms, they can change on a moments notice throwing every prediction out the window. This also plays a hand in why warnings and evacuations don't come out until a few days before, because you don't want to panic people for weeks to find out there is nothing to worry about. Also, you don't want to tell people of one state to prepare to evacuate, so people stock up and waste money on extra supplies, to find out that a major storm is going to completely miss it a few days before it is supposed to hit. This would lead to people then complaining about them getting to cautious of warnings and pissed off they prepared for nothing.

top topics

join