It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Radar Image above Mexico?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hey everyone. First thread I've ever made. Someone else brought it to my attention that if you go on the interactive map in this link www2.tbo.com... and zoom out so you can see Mexico there is a strange image showing on the radar. So I checked it out myself and was so puzzled at what I was looking at that I made a (poorly put together) gif.

Does anybody know what this is?

Edit: WOW I'm glad I made the GIF. It's no longer on the interactive tampa map

edit on 28-10-2012 by WhoFeelsitKnowsit because: (no reason given)

edit2: it's still there, just click play in the bottom right hand corner of the map.
edit on 28-10-2012 by WhoFeelsitKnowsit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yes very clever, all that is your showing is a gif icon that moves, I got the software free on a magazine years ago, the give away is that the software logo shows on the bottom right to say you made it, you cannot get that advert off.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's a geometric pattern made up of Fibonacci spirals.

What's causing it I don't know, magnetic anomaly, or could be signals from one of the satellite weather communication towers

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Lol, of course he/she would have had to make it. That doesn't mean it's fake. It just means he used that particular program to turn the images into a gif.

Back ontopic, it's an interesting find. Would a storm have those characteristics on radar?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I'll agree with that. There are many things that can cause this type of Anomaly. Most of which are not good. It does draw rain though if there is a drought.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by constant_thought
Back ontopic, it's an interesting find. Would a storm have those characteristics on radar?

Unlikely but the algorithms within the Radar Product Generator (the portion of the NEXRAD or any other weather Doppler radar system) can cause such an effects. While I myself wouldn't rule out any natural phenomenon, I would bet it was equipment related that caused these fascinating pictures to occur.

ETA: OP do you have a date/time frame of when you saw this?
edit on 28-10-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

More to edit:
Mexico's Weather Radar system. If you click on the C. Catradel radar, you can see the pattern in a static form. From the very distant look from my screen it looks like they have some issues with their radar and it is returning tons of 'noise' -- leading me back to my original speculation it is equipment related.

*Note* The static image is recent. The loop data goes back to Feb 12, 2012.....
edit on 28-10-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
It's a geometric pattern made up of Fibonacci spirals.

What's causing it I don't know, magnetic anomaly, or could be signals from one of the satellite weather communication towers

Yes this is what I was observing. It would spin inward, form the flower of life then expand to fibonacci spirals. It inttrigued me so much that I made a gif.

I'm sorry I don't know how to multiquote but @ whomever asked the time frame It first started appearing 9 AM East coast USA time it appeared on this radar site
www.weather.com...
(which it is no longer showing up) Then at around 11 AM I was shown that it was also showing up on this radar, which is around the time I made the gif. Here let me check a timestamp on one of the photos I used. Yes around 11-11:30 is when I observed it and made the gif. Then around 12:15 pm the image is no longer visible on the first website and I'm not sure if it is still on the tampa site.

Glad this is getting attention, it's really interesting to me.
edit on 28-10-2012 by WhoFeelsitKnowsit because: forgot the link.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posting the gif you made [i used imgur, they accept gif's under 2mb]

could be a big mexican hat dance in the sky
edit on 28-10-2012 by tinhattribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Here are some info on Radar anomalies.

Enjoy

Click here

There are a lot of interesting anomalies that you may see on displays that show NEXRAD (or any kind of) weather radar data. Some are caused by software, some are caused by the radar misinterpreting what it sees. None are worth some of the conspiracy theories that non-scientists have come up with.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have no idea how these images are formed on weather instruments and if they hold true significance or are just a fluke, but it sure reminded me of a most interesting video I saw a couple months back.

Ancient Knowledge Pt.2 Fibonacci Sequence, Golden Ratio, Phi in Nature, DNA, Fingerprint of God

Skip to 13:30 for the Fibonacci Sequence in nature. As featured in this thread by six67seven. I highly recommend you watch the whole series.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just for comparison these radar anomalies are quite common here

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoFeelsitKnowsit

I had a t shirt that says what your name is. My fav shirt with these reggae guys on it. I looked at the gif and I really don't see anything but the spiral which is clearly fake.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Could be minute amount of water vapor (detection) causing anomalies during the resolving process of the rador's software. So, my guess is the equipment needs maintenance or recalibration.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Siberbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

What overlays and layers do you check mark? I can't get to the same time of radar image you get

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I had a t shirt that says what your name is. My fav shirt with these reggae guys on it. I looked at the gif and I really don't see anything but the spiral which is clearly fake.

The spiral isn't fake, you can find links to the radar pretty easily.

The subject has been debated for a few hours on 4chan/x/ and the explanation is actually quite simple as it's been said, those are radar anomalies caused by a technical problem.

The zone covered by the radar is also supervised by two other radars close-by and the anomalies don't show up on them.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Here's some more spiral/ring type anomalies caught on radar (in Australia):

edit on 28/10/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I see you have been watching them as well, thats a good collection you have there ,

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Start looking up the articles on the tethered satellites in space.

They take energy from the highly charged particles in the radiation belts and beam them onto the planet. They can create such weather patterns.

New Zealand was a big protester against these weapons but appeared to have been bought off or scared into going quiet about it.

We know the Air Force issued the contract to build them in January 2011. You can bet other countries followed suit and built their own as well. Bad things will happen after they deplete the radiation belts protecting us from the sun. Earth's magnetic field could even fail.

If you are in an area where they beam this energy down you can register it with geiger counters.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

If you are in an area where they beam this energy down you can register it with geiger counters.

Wait... so you're telling me they've basically implemented Tesla's idea of harnessing power from charged particles in the ionosphere and beaming it back to Earth?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

......... but it's the magnetic field that protects us, not the radiation belt.... The radiation from the sun is captured there by the magnetic field. Earth's magnetic field is generated by the planet, so removing the radiation won't cause it to collapse. That would require the core to pretty much become inactive.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join