It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Release the Akin! Bill Mahar warns voters if you elect Romney...

page: 2
9
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant
 


What are you even talking about?! You would compare THIS?



William "Bill" Maher, Jr. is an American stand-up comedian, television host, political commentator, author and actor. Wikipedia


to John F. Kennedy, Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and John Lennon?!

Just exactly HOW does a stand up comedian compare to some of the truly great men of the modern times? I think we're losing ALL perspective here. Next, someone will be nominating Letterman for a lifetime achievement award or something. Everyone has gone mad!




posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


I wasn't comparing Bill Mahar to those guys at all. I was saying they were all serious threats to TPTB and they were and they all ended up dead. Bill Mahar with his one video is far from a threat.They shy away from MK Ultra murdering the people anymore anyway. We're onto that. Now what are you even talking about? How about not putting your own words in my mouth? That would be nice. Rarebit. Are you even Welsh? That was a joke. A little one. Name makes me think of Welsh Rarebit every time.
edit on 29-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
I might have put this in the jokes section if it were not all unfortunately TRUE.


Bill Maher used his final New Rule of the night to warn voters unhappy with President Obama of the political and social consequences of the other guy winning. Maher argued that Mitt Romney winning the presidency would not just be a victory for him, but for every Republican extremist Romney has ever supported in his recent political career. Maher said Romney "may seem like a nice fella," but he's "a compulsive liar whose whole life is secret" and would bring too much unwanted baggage into a relationship with America.


How about this;

Obama winning the presidency would not just be a victory for him, but for every Republican extremist Obama has ever supported in his recent political career. Obama "may seem like a nice fella," but he's "a compulsive liar whose whole life is secret" and would bring too much unwanted baggage into a relationship with America.

To start with, everyone seems to say Obama seems nice, but his life is definitely secretive, and he has gone back on just about every one of his campaign promises, so I guess that makes him a liar.

And Republican extremists should love Obama. Here is a thread of mine that shows it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In short he has taken Bushs ball of taking civil liberties and going to wars and heavily expanded it. So Republican extremist should be very pleased.

In fact, as I mention on that thread, Obama is even better for these extremist because he has silenced the voices of protest they had under Bush;

The only difference I can see is that Obama has been more effective in doing all of the things we called Bush evil for, because he has silenced dissent. Remember the anti war movement under Bush.

Remember how seemingly every liberal in Hollywood bashed bush and his wars. Remember how seemingly every band or musician protested Bush and wrote songs about how evil he was. Where are they now?

See, they can't blame their guy. They're locked into the two party system. So one guys good, and the other is bad. Therefore when the guy they support does the exact same thing they were just protesting, they keep their mouths shut.

Here is a good story that illustrates how Obama has silenced this criticism.

johnpilger.com...

Maher proves this. While I supported his fight against Bush and his illegal wars and erosion of civil rights, I cringe every time I see him make excuses for Obama doing it. He is either a shill that is only interested in his man winning, or is to blinded by partisanship to see the truth; either way, I no longer respect his opinion on this matter.

The only thing I will agree with him on is that Romney also is horrible, and would be an epic disaster if elected. But so will Obama. So have some dignity and vote third party or protest by not voting.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Grambler
 


Great but I don't think so.

I happen to support immigrants, workers, woman, gays and the environment.

I am against war and even considering whole countries "optional" in fighting war. A country is it's people and not it's leaders or it's fanatical factions that seem to make the TV. It is mothers and children. I remember a popular ad during the cold war was "Russian mothers love their children too."
I am sure the people within these countries are as against war as I am but forced to do what their leaders do. The buck doesn't stop with the leaders who began the war. Leaders are safely ensconced. The people are the casualties of war. So, who in this century can be for war anyway? If there still are people and I am in some kind of minority I am willing to start with a seed. Anyway trying to illustrate this is a very important issue.

It is worth fighting for.

So show me a party that speaks to these issues and I will probably vote for them.

Well in 4 years because this year, I've already voted.

You should know that Obama is a neo-con. But a vote against him is a vote FOR ROMNEY and I can't have that. Obama is way too conservative, banker and business friendly and he does not represent the social anti war values we uphold but he is at least not the wage crushing, regulation free, gay bashing, woman hating, neocon that' sends business to China and claims a Mormon Tax exemption to pay less than the rest of us.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Maher is just clever enough to be annoying. He's not even intelligent enough to be a pseudo intellectual.
He's also a super misogynist. Watch his reaction if he's debating an issue with a woman and she says something more insightful than him. He shuts down. He can't handle it.

The fact that Maher has an army of fans is a glaring example of how utterly lost our society is.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


I wasn't comparing Bill Mahar to those guys at all. I was saying they were all serious threats to TPTB and they were and they all ended up dead. Bill Mahar with his one video is far from a threat.They shy away from MK Ultra murdering the people anymore anyway. We're onto that. Now what are you even talking about? How about not putting your own words in my mouth? That would be nice. Rarebit. Are you even Welsh? That was a joke. A little one. Name makes me think of Welsh Rarebit every time.
edit on 29-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)


LOL. Mahar is PART of TPTB. He is a leftist establishment mouthpiece, just like Mike Moore.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
I might have put this in the jokes section if it were not all unfortunately TRUE.

Bill Maher used his final New Rule of the night to warn voters unhappy with President Obama of the political and social consequences of the other guy winning. Maher argued that Mitt Romney winning the presidency would not just be a victory for him, but for every Republican extremist Romney has ever supported in his recent political career. Maher said Romney "may seem like a nice fella," but he's "a compulsive liar whose whole life is secret" and would bring too much unwanted baggage into a relationship with America.



This statement always bugs me when attached to Romney...

As if Barry is a open book. I just love how ignorant people here forget Obama has been president and Romney hasnt, You grasp at straws to try to make Romney look like hes the one that has buried the nation in debt. Pure ignorance....all of you.
edit on 31-10-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic
 


I will definitely be voting for Todd Akin and not just because:

1) Whistle-blower audio: Sen. Claire McCaskill’s husband cut business deals in Senate Dining Room
9:44 PM 10/18/2012
dailycaller.com...

2)Sen. McCaskill's spouse received $40 million in government subsidies
www.cbsnews.com...$40-million-in-government-subsidies/

I receive a response to an email to Claire that took a condescending tone and she has convinced me that the statement: "Let me make this perfectly clear." means a big, fat lie is going to be the next thing spoken. I know it was a staffer, but the response was rude and bull#.

OK, Todd Akin had a brain fart. It's hard to name someone who hasn't. He has been my Congressman for longer than I can remember and has always worked diligently to help the people of our district. He got me my social security disability back-pay in one afternoon, something I had tried for 2 years to do without success.

When did a politician ever help you personally?



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild

Originally posted by newcovenant
I might have put this in the jokes section if it were not all unfortunately TRUE.

Bill Maher used his final New Rule of the night to warn voters unhappy with President Obama of the political and social consequences of the other guy winning. Maher argued that Mitt Romney winning the presidency would not just be a victory for him, but for every Republican extremist Romney has ever supported in his recent political career. Maher said Romney "may seem like a nice fella," but he's "a compulsive liar whose whole life is secret" and would bring too much unwanted baggage into a relationship with America.



This statement always bugs me when attached to Romney...

As if Barry is a open book. I just love how ignorant people here forget Obama has been president and Romney hasnt, You grasp at straws to try to make Romney look like hes the one that has buried the nation in debt. Pure ignorance....all of you.
edit on 31-10-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)



Are you holding a mirror up to your face?

That is the only way to explain away your flawed reasoning and skipped synapses.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by snusfanatic
 


I will definitely be voting for Todd Akin and not just because:

1) Whistle-blower audio: Sen. Claire McCaskill’s husband cut business deals in Senate Dining Room
9:44 PM 10/18/2012
dailycaller.com...

2)Sen. McCaskill's spouse received $40 million in government subsidies
www.cbsnews.com...$40-million-in-government-subsidies/

I receive a response to an email to Claire that took a condescending tone and she has convinced me that the statement: "Let me make this perfectly clear." means a big, fat lie is going to be the next thing spoken. I know it was a staffer, but the response was rude and bull#.

OK, Todd Akin had a brain fart. It's hard to name someone who hasn't. He has been my Congressman for longer than I can remember and has always worked diligently to help the people of our district. He got me my social security disability back-pay in one afternoon, something I had tried for 2 years to do without success.

When did a politician ever help you personally?


Hey if you are drinking the Kool-aide no body expects you to bite the hand holding the pitcher. You vote who you like there sweetie and nobody is going to stop you.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


I wasn't comparing Bill Mahar to those guys at all. I was saying they were all serious threats to TPTB and they were and they all ended up dead. Bill Mahar with his one video is far from a threat.They shy away from MK Ultra murdering the people anymore anyway. We're onto that. Now what are you even talking about? How about not putting your own words in my mouth? That would be nice. Rarebit. Are you even Welsh? That was a joke. A little one. Name makes me think of Welsh Rarebit every time.
edit on 29-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)


LOL. Mahar is PART of TPTB. He is a leftist establishment mouthpiece, just like Mike Moore.



And you are a doctor in the Navy!!!

The comedy just keeps on coming.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


I wasn't comparing Bill Mahar to those guys at all. I was saying they were all serious threats to TPTB and they were and they all ended up dead. Bill Mahar with his one video is far from a threat.They shy away from MK Ultra murdering the people anymore anyway. We're onto that. Now what are you even talking about? How about not putting your own words in my mouth? That would be nice. Rarebit. Are you even Welsh? That was a joke. A little one. Name makes me think of Welsh Rarebit every time.
edit on 29-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)


LOL. Mahar is PART of TPTB. He is a leftist establishment mouthpiece, just like Mike Moore.



And you are a doctor in the Navy!!!

The comedy just keeps on coming.


Yeah, I know logic and reason are alien to you and ideology trumps thought for you, but Mahar is and always has been a part of the progressive, DNC establishment. Simple observation of his stances and positions show this as a bit obvious and this if fine, as we do have freedom of speech, but him beiong some sort of freedom fighter? That is laughable. How do I know you don't take your own advice about educating yourself?



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc
 


The truth is the truth buddy no matter where it comes from.
That appears to be lost on you.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by NavyDoc
 


The truth is the truth buddy no matter where it comes from.
That appears to be lost on you.


LOL. You wouldn't recognize the truth if it smacked you on the face and wiggled in your lap. We get it, you are a partisan leftist. That's fine, but all of your bull# about "seeking the truth" and "being objective" is a pathetically superficial and easy to see through as anything out there.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by NavyDoc
 


The truth is the truth buddy no matter where it comes from.
That appears to be lost on you.


LOL. You wouldn't recognize the truth if it smacked you on the face and wiggled in your lap. We get it, you are a partisan leftist. That's fine, but all of your bull# about "seeking the truth" and "being objective" is a pathetically superficial and easy to see through as anything out there.


So is your metaphor.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by snusfanatic
 


And you have a right to your opinion.
Thanks for explaining your point of view. I suppose from your position you could see mandating options for birth control and abortion as a negative. Others see it differently. Some people think the world is virtually teeming with unwanted, trafficked and abused children. Simply because other people want to hold sway over women's bodies and even though live birth is always a risky business for a woman they insist on forcing every conception to term. They believe any collection of human cells constitutes a human life, thus preventing stem cell research and the potential to cure many afflicted individual lives living in the here and now, as well. I disagree and I think many others including scientist and doctors in the medical field even some groups of religious women and even nuns also disagree. We have a right to our opinions as well and in a democracy - especially when it is supported by educated opinion and facts rather than suspicion and dogma....majority rules.


edit on 28-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)


Majority rules??? Nope... this is a Representative Constitutional Republic, NOT a Democracy. Majority does not rule!

What really pisses me of if your rude dismissal of religion... What you call "Suspicion and dogma" others call "tradition and faith". Are you always this ignorant?

Finally, let's dissect your rant. Number one, the majority of the world's children are born in countries where there is no prohibition on abortion. Next, I keep hearing all of this crap about "Holding sway over women's bodies"... WTF is that all about? Let's just boil it down simply - the President doesn't get to decide on abortion laws - Congress does!
Regarding when "Life" occurs... how in the HELL do you know!? Scientists haven't reached a consensus, yet you'd like everyone to believe that YOU'RE right? Seems a bit conceited to me.

Finally, here is some educated opinion and facts... you're rant, although I'm sure it fed your ego well, was devoid of either. In fact, it was merely emotionally-driven self love!



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by snusfanatic
 


I will definitely be voting for Todd Akin and not just because:

1) Whistle-blower audio: Sen. Claire McCaskill’s husband cut business deals in Senate Dining Room
9:44 PM 10/18/2012
dailycaller.com...

2)Sen. McCaskill's spouse received $40 million in government subsidies
www.cbsnews.com...$40-million-in-government-subsidies/

I receive a response to an email to Claire that took a condescending tone and she has convinced me that the statement: "Let me make this perfectly clear." means a big, fat lie is going to be the next thing spoken. I know it was a staffer, but the response was rude and bull#.

OK, Todd Akin had a brain fart. It's hard to name someone who hasn't. He has been my Congressman for longer than I can remember and has always worked diligently to help the people of our district. He got me my social security disability back-pay in one afternoon, something I had tried for 2 years to do without success.

When did a politician ever help you personally?


Hey if you are drinking the Kool-aide no body expects you to bite the hand holding the pitcher. You vote who you like there sweetie and nobody is going to stop you.


Personally, I think for myself. Claire is a witch and that is being polite.
Crook McCaskill and Husband Raked in 20M from Stimulus
educationviews.org...
October 31, 2012



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by snusfanatic
 


And you have a right to your opinion.
Thanks for explaining your point of view. I suppose from your position you could see mandating options for birth control and abortion as a negative. Others see it differently. Some people think the world is virtually teeming with unwanted, trafficked and abused children. Simply because other people want to hold sway over women's bodies and even though live birth is always a risky business for a woman they insist on forcing every conception to term. They believe any collection of human cells constitutes a human life, thus preventing stem cell research and the potential to cure many afflicted individual lives living in the here and now, as well. I disagree and I think many others including scientist and doctors in the medical field even some groups of religious women and even nuns also disagree. We have a right to our opinions as well and in a democracy - especially when it is supported by educated opinion and facts rather than suspicion and dogma....majority rules.


edit on 28-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)


Majority rules??? Nope... this is a Representative Constitutional Republic, NOT a Democracy. Majority does not rule!

What really pisses me of if your rude dismissal of religion... What you call "Suspicion and dogma" others call "tradition and faith". Are you always this ignorant?

Finally, let's dissect your rant. Number one, the majority of the world's children are born in countries where there is no prohibition on abortion. Next, I keep hearing all of this crap about "Holding sway over women's bodies"... WTF is that all about? Let's just boil it down simply - the President doesn't get to decide on abortion laws - Congress does!
Regarding when "Life" occurs... how in the HELL do you know!? Scientists haven't reached a consensus, yet you'd like everyone to believe that YOU'RE right? Seems a bit conceited to me.

Finally, here is some educated opinion and facts... you're rant, although I'm sure it fed your ego well, was devoid of either. In fact, it was merely emotionally-driven self love!



Yup. Majority rules. And it does in every instance and will in the future. The electoral college will be gone by next election (a prediction) and in all but a very few cases it rarely goes against the majority anyway.

Sorry my dismissal of religion bothers you and it is too bad because I am pretty religious myself but it has no place in politics. Politics is for everyman, every citizen and they are of different faiths so it must be even handed and not influenced by one particular faith since that is not fair to the others or those with none.

Number one:

the majority of the world's children are born in countries where there is no prohibition on abortion.
I just don't know what this means. The world has too many unwanted children. The US is no different. And you are stretching the definition of LIFE to suit your moral grounds. If you are against abortion - JUST DONT HAVE ONE. Why do you have to take it the next step? Stop making people have kids because you have a moral problem with something doctors don't have a moral problem with. Are you more moral than a doctor? You think these guys don't know what they are doing and if abortion was the moraless sinful crime you accuse - they all just went along with it? Children are trafficked on a daily basis and you want to force more on people who don't want them, will abuse neglect abandon or sell them...it doesn't make sense.

(including the numbers because you lost track somewhere in your rant)
#2 Holding sway over women's bodies? Uhh yeah? That is where conception starts. You knew that didn't you? If the women want it ended, it's up to them &their doctor. Not you also.

#3 It isn't the President. It isn't congress, it is the Supreme Court and they already did.

#4 When life occurs? When it pops out and starts breathing on its own. That is my opinion but most will tell you it is sometime AFTER THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM is formed. I do know the women definitely constitute "life" you are trying to protect. Making her carry a conception to term is always hazardous. Always a risk. Ask anyone. Who are you to risk her life?

You will note in my "rant" I never said anything this rude and uncivil

Are you always this ignorant?

You say this....

What really pisses me of
Yet you call what I said a rant.

Are you sure this wasn't just an opinion you didn't like and you couldn't keep yourself from ranting? Why can't you tell your point of view without the nasty comments and wrong assumptions about me? I don't recall attacking you and if I did let me apologize. What kind of Christian are you anyway? Just curious.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by snusfanatic
 


I will definitely be voting for Todd Akin and not just because:

1) Whistle-blower audio: Sen. Claire McCaskill’s husband cut business deals in Senate Dining Room
9:44 PM 10/18/2012
dailycaller.com...

2)Sen. McCaskill's spouse received $40 million in government subsidies
www.cbsnews.com...$40-million-in-government-subsidies/

I receive a response to an email to Claire that took a condescending tone and she has convinced me that the statement: "Let me make this perfectly clear." means a big, fat lie is going to be the next thing spoken. I know it was a staffer, but the response was rude and bull#.

OK, Todd Akin had a brain fart. It's hard to name someone who hasn't. He has been my Congressman for longer than I can remember and has always worked diligently to help the people of our district. He got me my social security disability back-pay in one afternoon, something I had tried for 2 years to do without success.

When did a politician ever help you personally?


Hey if you are drinking the Kool-aide no body expects you to bite the hand holding the pitcher. You vote who you like there sweetie and nobody is going to stop you.


Personally, I think for myself. Claire is a witch and that is being polite.
Crook McCaskill and Husband Raked in 20M from Stimulus
educationviews.org...
October 31, 2012


All of a sudden this problem with rich people.

As if the rest of them did not get rich screwing a lot of people out of a little or a few people out of a lot. I'd be willing to bet they didn't get it handed to them. Puuuleeze. Vote for Akin. You're the one that has to live with yourself... right?



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Grambler
 


And Mitt Romney would FAST TRACK that whole agenda that has you up in arms complaining and writing threads about it for your fear for the future.

Mittens will take your worst fears and put them on HIGH VOLUME, FAST FORWARD.

A vote for Mittens is a vote for the wacko GOP fathers and most diabolical and backwards set of neo cons this country has ever had the misfortune of deliberately electing.




top topics



 
9
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join