It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the most real I have seen on 2012 so far.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've never gotten any indications the world was going to end on the Winter Solstice this year. For the record, they had to end their calender somewhere, now didn't they? Moving into the next age according to their astronomy and philosophy is logically where they would end it - now isn't it?

Any personal, spiritual workings I've ever done have always indicated that we will be moving forward into the future, for better and for worse.

Let us hope that this is the case, because I love this world and I hope for a bright future for all our children.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Entertaining read Alternative4u! Thanks for posting.

From what i've read around (and i should it make it clear i'm by no means an expert on the matter) a couple of things in the article have been debunked:

1- There will be no alignment with either the galactic center, or the galactic plane.
We're a dozen light-years from the galactic plane by most conservative measurements.

Read further
and a little further

2- Solar Maximums are incredibly hard to predict, despite the regularity of the cycles averaged at 11 years, there's a 5 year margin of error (9-14 years). Latest projections by NASA place the next solar max in 2013. 2006 prognostics were 2010-2012. No one really knows. To presume such a precise date as 21-12-2012 for the event, kind of makes the article stink a bit...

July 20, 2012 forecast
2006 warning

3- Regarding the Solar Barycenter scenario, please read this. Some reasons for concern there, but hardly apocalyptic. Let's hope for the best...

Other things could be pointed out against some other declarations, no point in overly scrutinizing it i think...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lifemare

I agree... I found the OP's link a very interesting read regarding Jupiter/solar interactions and particularly the barycenter info... It doesn't seem like any other posters actually read through the link.

And thanks for your link to more info about the solar barycenter ! Very interesting indeed... a possibility of solar cooling and solar minimums over the next 150 years (+/-).

Hmmm, it makes me wonder if we are now slowly heading out of our comfy interglacial period and sliding into the next glacial one ? Maybe the Milankovitch theory is wrong ? I always thought it was a bit too simplified and completely disregarded any interactions between planets and stars... which IMHO is an arrogant error on their part. "For every action, there is a reaction"... the butterfly effect, per se.

Now, as for the Mayans hitting a specific date for any "earth-changing" major solar storm activity... well, it would be hard biting into that one without a doubt. However, when you take their astronomical and mathematical precision into consideration, it gives moment for pause. On the other hand, the major problem with date prediction of any specific cosmic activity is the fact that your dealing with a relatively unpredictable mass of nuclear reactions within reactions... otherwise known as a "star". Just ask astronomers, they've changed the solar maximum date how many times now ?!

Maybe there should be a discussion thread about the current solar barycenter instead of linking it with the overdone Dec 21st doomsday crap...? Or were the Mayans onto something interesting that we 21st century egos refuse to acknowledge ?

Anyways, food to chew on.
Thanks to both you and the OP for the links to some good reading.

<< 1   >>

join