It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the most real I have seen on 2012 so far.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yes I know lots of us who have studied our universe as I have for many years, and who do know what is going on out there have seen some real nut cases posting silly things about 2012 right? well like you I wanted to know the true facts, the true dangers, so I have decided to post this item on ATS to put this matter right once and for all.
Yes these are facts, we know that we are in these times like it or now, yes you can try to hide from it, you can try to say it wont happen, you can even say it is too daft for words, but some ask for the true facts on 2012, well now you have them, this will scare lots of you,,, honest, it will, you should NOT READ if you are frightened about your future. Take the reading in your head, try to get to your nations secret bunker where your leaders will be with food & water ready for it, chances are you will be like me, wasted, left to feed the birds with your remains, yuk I do not fancy that....

www.viewzone.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
you should NOT READ if you are frightened about your future. Take the reading in your head, try to get to your nations secret bunker where your leaders will be with food & water ready for it, chances are you will be like me, wasted, left to feed the birds with your remains, yuk I do not fancy that....

www.viewzone.com...

From your own source.........LOL

Trust me, just because the calendar ends doesn't prove that time, or the world, or life will end. We need to look carefully at December 21, 2012 and try to understand why the Mayans never calculated a date beyond this point in time. To do this we must move from Archaeology to the science of Astronomy and Astrophysics.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Too many people are caught in the mindset that Dec. 21st portends something apocalyptic. All it is is the precise alignment of the sun and the Earth with the galactic center.. an alignment that began when we entered the galactic ecliptic in about 1998 and will takle another 14 or so years to exit it.
The Mayans just said this time period will be one of drastic change, not 'the end of the world', though with the current tendency towards destructive change, it wouldn't be too far out to say that many catastrophes could come along with that... take 9/11, Fukushima, etc. as examples.

We could go through this period unscathed, and have it be beneficial to humanity and the Earth, though with such 'black and white' thinking, all the nuclear reactors, and political corruption - it's easier to assume we are headed for another Dark Age rather than one of Enlightenment.

The end of the world won't happen in a day... it has begun since it started in incalculable aeons ago.. Mass die offs and extreme changes are cyclical, and it isn't hard to see that we are re-entering that period.
Dec 21 WILL come and go, though I wouldnt doubt that some coincidental event happens around that time, be it war, or earth changes. But the last decade...or century rather, all led up to our current situation.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Selective reading...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well... I guess that settles it. We're all doomed. I'll just head over to my local government bunker, where I'm sure they are waiting for me and my family with open arms.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by itsallintheegg

Hello, and yes you have got the right idea as to the 2012 thing, I can tell that from your post, I myself feel it will go by without anyone knowing about it, as I am more seeing things like earthquakes getting worse since March 2012 than people in high places would like us to know, they tell us earthquakes are no more often or bigger than any other time, I know that is not true as they are more often and bigger.
We will all have to wait and see, but I will still get my Christmas dinner in store for 25 Dec just in case we are still here.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think something that I find extremely humorous is from the OP's source:

Trust me, just because the calendar ends doesn't prove that time, or the world, or life will end. We need to look carefully at December 21, 2012 and try to understand why the Mayans never calculated a date beyond this point in time. To do this we must move from Archaeology to the science of Astronomy and Astrophysics.

Why would they need to calculate past their long count? Do we do this?

No. We use cycles, and the picture in the first page of the OP's article even shows the Mayan calender as a round cog wheel that if turning, doesn't stop at one revolution.....it keeps going around.

We measure a day as 24 hours. When the clock starts at 00:00:00 and counts to 23:59:59, it simply resets to 00:00:00 again and counts back up all over again. We call it a Day.

We have another cycle, that counts up. It starts with Sunday, and every 24 hours, we have a new day, the next is Monday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday, then Thursday, then Friday, and last, Saturday, then the cycle starts again. We call this a Week.

When 52 weeks go by, or 365 days (sometimes it's 366 day to make up for the fact it actually takes our planet 365.25 days to go around the sun), we call that a Year, and our calenders take us to December 31st, each year, and starts us again on January 1st, every time.

We count our years and give it a number, like now western calendars say that this year is "2012" and is based upon a common starting point.

However, we count years with longer counts too. For example, we count every 10 years and call it a Decade.

We also count those Decades and when we get 10 of them, we call that a Century.

But it doesn't stop there. We then take 10 of those Centuries and we call that a Millennium, a 1000 year count.

Now, the only part that we recycle is the amount that we count in our western calendar, our months, weeks, days and hours. We do not recycle our years.

But there is nothing keeping us from doing so if we so desired to have a count that would recycle years.

As for the "Mayans Predicting", etc, etc:

Professional Mayanist scholars state that predictions of impending doom are not found in any of the extant classic Maya accounts, and that the idea that the Long Count calendar "ends" in 2012 misrepresents Maya history and culture.

And as for the "Galactic Alignment"

There is no significant astronomical event tied to the Long Count's start date.[62] However, its supposed end date has been tied to astronomical phenomena by esoteric, fringe, and New Age literature that places great significance on astrology.[47][49] Chief among these is the concept of the "galactic alignment".

From this article here. Give it a read:

2012 Phenomenon

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sun and planets been there for billions of years. Keep thinking that something is going to happen in your life time.
Well it will. If you are really, really lucky you will grow old, get sick and die.

Sorry about that.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yes I am sure your also on the right lines with your post too, as you rightly say the Mayan people never said the world will end in doom, however from what space experts are seeing now in our time today we are going to go into some odd black hole in 2012 on 20th Dec that is so heavy with radiation we may get crispy, maybe yes, or maybe not, experts are so often badly wrong now as you know.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

And what space experts are those? Certainly not the physicists and astronomers.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yes I am sure your also on the right lines with your post too, as you rightly say the Mayan people never said the world will end in doom, however from what space experts are seeing now in our time today we are going to go into some odd black hole in 2012 on 20th Dec that is so heavy with radiation we may get crispy, maybe yes, or maybe not, experts are so often badly wrong now as you know.

Sorry but No,

Where do you get this info from? What space experts? What blackhole?

Please explain this post of yours or maybe give us links to where you found this info.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Except that everyone seems to forget that a Black Hole is spherical in shape.......not a cylinder with a hole in it like a gun barrel.

Some super massive black holes in the center of galaxies have a laser stream thousands of light years long.....visible to us from millions of light years away.

But ours (the Milky Way) doesn't have that.

Just as if the Earth were to orbit the sun 90 degrees from the solar plane, we would still receive the same amount of solar radiation from it as we do right now.

Every article I've ever read proposing that an alignment with the sun and Jupiter (and in some cases other stars, etc), claiming that it will some how "pull" more radiation from the super massive black hole in the center of our galaxy is about as believable as someone telling me an that some ants were able to pull on or pick up an aircraft carrier.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Crossing the galactic plane does NOT happen over the course of a night or several nights........

But the hype was fun while it lasted. Doom and gloom is always entertaining.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well, we'll just just have to wait and see what happens after dec. 21st. I think it's the time things start to change. I suppose they will be passing a new tax for the upcoming events in the future so tptb can make sure they live comfortably throughout this cyclic event. We need to bury their bunkers when they go into them.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It is all just to discredit the fact that we are indeed going through some intense metaphysical change our civilization has never seen before.. Take a look around... Do you see monumental change in last century?
I sure do.
Electricity,
Internet,
Space travel,
the list goes on.. and it is growing exponentially with every passing day.
That's why I don't doubt there would be something of great significance on that day...
though you don't have to wait til then to see the likelihood of such a possibility.. just look at the momentum we gained since the start of the new millenium. Something is sure to give way, and never before has it been nature giving way to man. It has always been the other way around... though with things like CERN, nuclear science, etc. if nature DOES happen to give way, we are more likely to meet the same fate as past civilizations because there are certain areas of reality man just isn't meant to experience in our present state.
edit on 28-10-2012 by itsallintheegg because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2012 by itsallintheegg because: typos

edit on 28-10-2012 by itsallintheegg because: more typos.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Hello, and yes you have got the right idea as to the 2012 thing, I can tell that from your post, I myself feel it will go by without anyone knowing about it, as I am more seeing things like earthquakes getting worse since March 2012 than people in high places would like us to know, they tell us earthquakes are no more often or bigger than any other time, I know that is not true as they are more often and bigger.
We will all have to wait and see, but I will still get my Christmas dinner in store for 25 Dec just in case we are still here.

This might help regards Earthquakes,

www.ouramazingplanet.com...

The fact that Earthquakes have always occurred is in some ways reassuring being a part of the Earth's nature, ie; I would worry more about the less reassuring militaristic nature of some men, who seek to control everything, and who have the increasingly upper hand.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

The Mayans just said this time period will be one of drastic change, not 'the end of the world', though with the current tendency towards destructive change, it wouldn't be too far out to say that many catastrophes could come along with that... take 9/11, Fukushima, etc. as examples.

While the Mayans did predict a time of change and catastrophes, using 9/11 and Fukushima (where no one has actually died due to radiation) aren't the best examples. What about other tragedies in the past?

For wars you could easily say Pearl Harbor, the Blitzkrieg, Operation Barbarossa, or any of the other major "surprise" battles of WWII. Going back further in history you could mention the sacking of Rome by the Visigoths. Going back to Biblical and mythological surprise attacks you can use the fall of Jericho or the Trojan Horse as examples.

For non-combat related industrial tragedies and disasters you could use Chernobyl, the Centralia coal fire, the Halifax explosion, or Bhopal.

For natural disasters you could use the 1938 Yellow River Flood, the 1931 China floods, the 1985 eruption of Nevado del Ruiz, the 1887 Yellow River Flood, the 1970 Bhola cyclone, the 1556 Shaanxi earthquake, the 526 Antioch earthquake, or the 1815 Mount Tambora eruption.

For famines and disease you could use The Great Chinese Famine of the late 1950s, the Chinese Famine of 1907, the Great European Famine around 1315, the Smallpox pandemic from 1900 to 1980, the Black Death of the 1300s through early 1700s, or the Spanish Flu of 1918.

My point? Tragedies of great magnitude have occurred all through history. As the population increases in any given area the chances for high fatalities does as well. There is nothing really different between the events of the last decade and those throughout history. If anything, through advances in technology and medicine, we're actually fairing a lot better than we were compared to hundreds or thousands of years ago. It really is difficult to see that we are "re-entering" a period of strife and cataclysms. Saying that the last "decade or century" has led up to this makes as much sense as saying the last 3000 years have led up to this.

EDIT TO ADD:
I stand corrected on my saying that the Mayans predicted "a time of change and catastrophes." Thanks for clearing that up, eriktheawful. I didn't see your post at the time when I typed this one up.

edit on 10/28/2012 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added some text.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

... as I am more seeing things like earthquakes getting worse since March 2012 than people in high places would like us to know, they tell us earthquakes are no more often or bigger than any other time, I know that is not true as they are more often and bigger.

Have you taken into consideration that advancements in monitoring and detecting earthquakes has also lead to more of them being reported? I'll try something, using data from the USGS archives. Let's say that a major earthquake is anything 6.0 magnitude or higher. Since some of the points are unnecessary I've edited the datum to only show dates, LAT/LON, and magnitude. For a baseline I've included the month of October, 2012.

FILE CREATED: Mon Oct 29 03:33:41 2012
Global Search Earthquakes= 7
Catalog Used: PDE
Date Range: 2012/10/01 to 2012/10/27
Magnitude Range: 6.0 - 10.0
Data Selection: Historical & Preliminary Data

YEAR MO DA LAT LONG MAG
2012 10 01 39.81 143.10 6.1
2012 10 08 -4.44 129.16 6.1
2012 10 09 -61.03 153.96 6.6
2012 10 12 -4.89 134.03 6.6
2012 10 17 4.19 124.57 6.0
2012 10 20 -13.55 166.57 6.2
2012 10 24 10.07 -85.30 6.5

Source

So this month there have been seven earthquakes meeting those criteria. Let's try a random date. Using the Random Calendar Date Generator I selected 3 dates (mostly so I can fit everything in one post) between January 1, 1975, and December 31, 2000. It gave me the dates of:

June 25, 1975
June 10, 1988
April 18, 2000

So let's plug those dates, and the 28 days preceding them into the USGS Archive search and see what we come up with.

May 28, 1975, through June 25, 1975

FILE CREATED: Mon Oct 29 03:44:32 2012
Global Search Earthquakes= 11
Date Range: 1975/05/28 to 1975/06/25

YEAR MO DA LAT LONG MAG
1975 05 30 -50.42 139.35 6.1
1975 06 03 37.34 -116.52 6.0
1975 06 10 43.02 147.73 7.0
1975 06 13 43.49 147.71 6.6
1975 06 14 43.55 147.89 6.0
1975 06 14 36.28 143.43 6.1
1975 06 15 43.67 147.80 6.5
1975 06 16 -3.04 147.82 6.5
1975 06 22 43.17 147.15 6.1
1975 06 23 -2.70 147.39 6.2
1975 06 25 19.04 -107.14 6.0

Source

So we have 11 earthquakes matching that criteria. That's actually an increase, and from over 35 years ago!

May 13, 1988, through June 10, 1988

FILE CREATED: Mon Oct 29 03:53:47 2012
Global Search Earthquakes= 5
Date Range: 1988/05/13 to 1988/06/10

YEAR MO DA LAT LONG MAG
1988 05 16 -13.94 166.34 6.1
1988 05 17 -11.40 170.66 6.0
1988 05 30 -7.50 128.32 6.5
1988 06 03 -45.00 167.60 6.2
1988 06 05 -15.40 167.58 6.0

Source

So we have five earthquakes meeting the criteria from over 20 years ago. I wouldn't say two more over the last month is a dramatic increase from then.

March 21, 2000, through April 18, 2000

FILE CREATED: Mon Oct 29 03:58:55 2012
Global Search Earthquakes= 4
Date Range: 2000/03/21 to 2000/04/18

YEAR MO DA LAT LONG MAG
2000 03 28 22.34 143.73 7.6
2000 04 03 4.08 125.61 6.2
2000 04 07 -18.05 65.52 6.3
2000 04 18 -20.66 -176.47 6.0

Source

So we wind up with four, again not a very noticable increase over the past month.

While you may be noticing more earthquakes, scientifically not much different is happening over the past 35 years.
edit on 10/28/2012 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing broken link.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallintheegg

It is all just to discredit the fact that we are indeed going through some intense metaphysical change our civilization has never seen before.. Take a look around... Do you see monumental change in last century?
I sure do.
Electricity,
Internet,
Space travel,
the list goes on.. and it is growing exponentially with every passing day.
That's why I don't doubt there would be something of great significance on that day...
though you don't have to wait til then to see the likelihood of such a possibility.. just look at the momentum we gained since the start of the new millenium.

There were much more such things happening in the past, several world wars, the space program, internet, and way past even more, plagues killing people in the middle ages, inflation, wall street crashes, the new age movement starting out early in the 60s/70s already, big catastrophes of all sorts happening for centuries already

...... what happened "since the start of the millenium"? NOTHING of significance.

Tell me about those amazing innovations and big "things" which happened..which (according to you) are so much bigger than many other things which happened in the past?

It's all in your head and in the head of the brain-washed people...the only difference is that now communication is global (internet etc.), people got more lazy and spend all the time on the internet reading idiotic things and developing idiotic theories.

If you are still convinced there are "so many changes going on which justify a 2012 apocalypse"...why don't you build a time machine and travel back to..say, 1925 prohibition America, or 1933 at the start of WW II...or many other areas in our past - only THEN you would realize what nonsense it is to constantly hear about those alleged, great changes "which happen now and must mean the end of the world is near".

Funny thing is, crazy people preach that stuff since 1000s of years already..it's always something "going on right now" which is a sure sign that the world is coming to an end.

edit on 28-10-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

As technology advances, its pace begins to accelerate. This has been postulated by philosophers, mathematicians, physicists and all sorts of other professionals.

You can look at Buckminster Fuller's graph for the acceleration in discoveries of the chemical elements.

Or read about Moore's Law.

Lewis H. Morgan had a concept of three stages of social evolution: savagery, barbarism, and civilization. They can all be determined by when technological advancements were achieved. Fire, the bow, and pottery are for the savage era. The domestication of animals, agriculture, and metalworking are aspects of barbarism. Lastly, an alphabet and writing brought us into civilization.

You aren't the first to notice these rapid advancements, and they'll surely continue until all of eternity.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join