Nibiru debunked forever

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Apologies if this has been posted before, but I find this documentary very well-made and informative. It shows very well why there is no reason to believe in Nibiru.

Part 1

Part 2

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
maybe OP could explain what is in this 2 hour documentairy for the people that either cant watch or dont want to watch a 2 hour film?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Donice

It adresses the numerous claims for Nibiru's existence. From the video description: "A detailed guide covering all aspects and all subjects from IRAS 1983 sightings hoax to SOHO and STEREO images of Venus, Comets and the Sun, SDO, Lens Flares, The South Pole Observatory and what really is its pourpose, with a detailed and extensive research providing an overwhelming abundance of proof and evidence the scientific way."

Here's an excerpt if you want to watch something shorter:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

I agree and disagree with what this video says nibiru isnt prove nor is their evidence it doesnt. Because nobody can say what it is that leads to alot of possibilties for what i could be and since everybody has its own views it will be something else for everybody that has a opion about it.
This video talks about a rough 26 million year cycle of cataclysmic events. if we can say that with some certainty its not strange to think that this is what is still going on. we all know there as universal cycles think of the 24 hours to a day 365 days to a year and so on. We are litterly always on the move. It should be considered that this cycle is what we refer to as Nibiru for lack of a better explanation.

So to say it does not excist is like said in the video a hyptothese. So is the possible excistens of Nibiru. the only thing we can do is and this is my personal opion aswell wait it out and time will tell.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I will remain agnostic about this mysterious brown dwarf star that endlessly haunts our solar system. In the universe, anything is possible.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ssj2gohan83
I will remain agnostic about this mysterious brown dwarf star that endlessly haunts our solar system. In the universe, anything is possible.

There very well may be a brown dwarf star out there somewhere gravitationally tied to our solar system -- or maybe even another "planet" way out in the Kuiper belt or Oort cloud. However, the discovery of such a brown dwarf or planet is not necessarily confirmation of the Nibiru story.

The idea "Nibiru" has a very specific definition. It is NOT simply "any celestial body that's out there that remains undiscovered".

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

True true, on the other hand, Astrologers only have a basic understanding of solar systems as they know the physics, but why some form the way they do. Even if this system does exist in one way or another. It just goes to show we have little knowledge about our own solar system.

For one thing, "if" this does show up, these questions would be answered, "How did this came to be?" "Where did our star pick up this vagabond?" and "What does it mean for our future, if the Sumerian accounts are true.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Oh, and just what is Nibiru, prey tell? Because you can't debunk something that has never properly been described.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Oh, and just what is Nibiru, prey tell? Because you can't debunk something that has never properly been described.

That's the problem. Hell, "Eris" (larger than Pluto, discovered in 2005) could have been Nibiru if you consider some of the loose definitions of Nibiru. Some people consider Nibiru to be just about any celestial body that is ever discovered out there past Neptune.

However that sort of goes against the original idea of Nibiru, which comes from Zecharia Sitchin's interpretations of Mesopotamian markings. That interpretation says that Nibiru is a planet with an Elliptical orbit that brings it into the inner solar system every 3600 years.

There could very well be other objects out beyond Neptune and Pluto (Eris, for one -- or perhaps some yet-to-be-discovered celestial body). However, according to Sitchin's definition, those would NOT be Nibiru if they do not have an elliptical orbit that brings them into the inner solar system every 3600 years.

Of course, the Nibiru story has been bastardized over the years to include so many other things, so almost anytime astronomers discuss possible bodies out past Pluto, some people can't help themselves but start proclaiming "It's Nibiru!"

edit on 10/28/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ssj2gohan83

Astrologers only have a basic understanding of solar systems as they know the physics, but why some form the way they do

True.

Astronomers on the other hand...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

For one thing, "if" this does show up, these questions would be answered, "How did this came to be?" "Where did our star pick up this vagabond?" and "What does it mean for our future, if the Sumerian accounts are true.

If there is a brown dwarf as part of our solar system, then it could have been there from the start (5 billion years). If that is true, then it doesn't necessarily mean that it will adversely effect us.

What I'm saying is that if there is some unknown brown dwarf or Jupiter-sized planet out there in the outer solar system, then it could have been there for billions of years, just doing it's thing, totally unnoticed by the Earth.

The act of discovering this body won't suddenly mean it will become a problem. It's not like a body found orbiting way out in the outer solar system that has been there for billions of years will start to head in towards the inner solar system just because astronomers finally find out it is there.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

That maybe the case, but I will end this conservation as it is. In truth, we don't what may or may not happen in the next 6-12 months. For me, if it exist it exist, if it doesn't it doesn't. As for the other people who truly believe that it does, and it didn't show it self. They would have to contend with reality as it would be harsh to them.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

That maybe the case, but I will end this conservation as it is. In truth, we don't what may or may not happen in the next 6-12 months. For me, if it exist it exist, if it doesn't it doesn't. As for the other people who truly believe that it does, and it didn't show it self. They would have to contend with reality as it would be harsh to them.

You can say "If it exists it exists, if it doesn't it doesn't", but that would be ignoring the fact that if it DOES exist (and is supposed to be causing problems on December 21), then it should be close enough to see.

Even a brown dwarf reflects sunlight, and if one was going to be in the inner solar system in two months, then it should already be in an area of the solar system from which it would be easily visible.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

You can say "If it exists it exists, if it doesn't it doesn't", but that would be ignoring the fact that if it DOES exist (and is supposed to be causing problems on December 21), then it should be close enough to see.

Even a brown dwarf reflects sunlight, and if one was going to be in the inner solar system in two months, then it should already be in an area of the solar system from which it would be easily visible.

I'm not ignoring anything. This whole shpeel with Nibiru is just speculation, that's all it is.
And Dec. 21 has absolutely nothing to do with this -- this... thing. Its an end to the current age, and nothing else. How the hell did all this Nibiru and Dec. 21 nonsense get started anyway?

You can't see a Brown Dwarf with the naked eye. Unless you have an infrared camera and a telescope; other ways it would have to be really close, and that would obliterate our planet. If we could see it, it would have to be far enough away to only effect the earth's poles, but far enough away to observe it with the Sun blocked out. But the gravitational effects could observed by how it would interact with the objects around it.

And whatever sources there are, whether they should be trusted or not. Are saying it would come from the Solar South. Others are saying its behind the Sun from where we are in relation. In truth, no one really knows for sure. That is why I'm taking an agnostic approach to this whole convoluted conspiracy mess.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

If there was a brown dwarf anywhere near the inner solar system it would be visible either to the naked eye or with an amateur telescope as it would reflect light from the sun. A brown dwarf only has that name as it is a failed star and emits no light of its own; the notion that a brown dwarf is only visible in the infra red is a commonly held falsehood. For example, if Jupiter had more mass it would be considered a brown dwarf and Jupiter is a VERY bright object in the sky.

Also a brown dwarf would already have had an effect on the orbits of the planets if it were there. That hasn't happened, all the orbits are exactly as they should be.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Nibiru would be a good name for a cat.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by wildespace

I agree and disagree with what this video says nibiru isnt prove nor is their evidence it doesnt. Because nobody can say what it is that leads to alot of possibilties for what i could be and since everybody has its own views it will be something else for everybody that has a opion about it.

If I tell you one of my cats can fly, would you also believe it because you don't have evidence that it, in fact, does NOT fly? In other words, unless proven otherwise, you will eagerly believe everything what you read and hear?

So to say it does not excist is like said in the video a hyptothese.

It's not a serious "hypothesis" if there is no scientific evidence for it. Because there is none. Not even remotely. It's not a hypothesis...it's pseudo science made by gullible people FOR gullible people.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Amateur astronomers can spot small asteroids that are as black as coal - because they reflect sunlight. A brown dwarf in the inner Solar System would be very hard to miss.

Besides, not all brown dwarfs are dark; many are hot enough to glow red like lava.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

You can't see a Brown Dwarf with the naked eye. Unless you have an infrared camera and a telescope; other ways it would have to be really close, and that would obliterate our planet. If we could see it, it would have to be far enough away to only effect the earth's poles, but far enough away to observe it with the Sun blocked out. But the gravitational effects could observed by how it would interact with the objects around it.

Brown dwarfs are dark and hard to see because they are far away and don't emit [enough] light on their own to be seen from Earth. Planets like Jupiter and Saturn don't emit any light of their own, either, and if you put them out in space, far from our sun near at the location of a brown dwarf, we couldn't see them either.

HOWEVER, if you put a brown dwarf in our solar system near where Jupiter or Saturn orbit, then the brown dwarf would be lit up by our Sun just like Jupiter and Saturn are lit up. And if the brown dwarf is supposed to be in the inner solar system by December 21, then it would be at least as close as Jupiter or Saturn.

Therefore, we should see it as a bright "planet" in our night sky right now -- but we don't.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I don't mean this comment to be some kind of evidence for a lack of Niburu or what ever we wan to call it, but wouldn't we have been able to detect it at this point? I know there is more that is unknown than known really concerning our distant let alone immediate vicinity but I would have thought we would be able to detect something close enough to be part of our system peripheral enough to still orbit the sun.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join