It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Offered to Re-establish Full Ties With Iran - Can he win without the backing of the Jews?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I vote for Normal relation between US and Iran . I believe Obama is the great leader .

edit on 28-10-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
I vote for Normal relation between US and Iran . I believe Obama is the great leader .

edit on 28-10-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

At this stage of the game with BHO in office its not possible to have 'normal' relations with anyone in the world - much less in the Middle East. We don't even have normal relations with ourselves!
edit on 28-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hitler agreed not to invade France at the beginning of WWII. That did not work out very well. I can't see any agreement with Iran being believable. Iran is more likely to agree with anything that will lift sanctions and move on to the destruction of Israel and America. Words are just words. In the end actions speak louder than words.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

Originally posted by projectvxn
It is not only Jews this has an effect on.

I'm not Jewish and this is just another reason for me not to trust Obama.

True enough - and BTW I am referring mostly to the "power" of the Jewish presence in America...........not your average every walkabout Jew on the street.............ya know..........The people I am speaking about hold very much power and influence in American politics - and even in our daily lives - its a fact !!!

I dont subscribe to the notion of the all controlling Jew.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It is not only Jews this has an effect on.
I'm not Jewish and this is just another reason for me not to trust Obama.

True enough - and BTW I am referring mostly to the "power" of the Jewish presence in America...........not your average every walkabout Jew on the street.............ya know..........The people I am speaking about hold very much power and influence in American politics - and even in our daily lives - its a fact !!!

I dont subscribe to the notion of the all controlling Jew.

Right - and here's an unbiased opinion piece that backs you up:

"This text may be reposted or forwarded so long as it is presented as an integral whole with complete information provided about its author, date, place of publication, and original URL."

Original URL

Jewish Control – Between Reality and Myth

by Daniel Pipes
Al-Mushahid as-Siyasi (London)
October 18, 1998
["As-Saytara al-Yahudiya ma bayn al-Haqiqa wa'l-Khiyyal" – contribution to a symposium in an Arabic-language magazine]

(1) It is said that the Jewish control of America is so tight. Is that reality or myth?

The notion of Jewish control of the United States is utter nonsense. Jews are a capable people who have, through hard-work, gained a disproportionate role in some aspects of American life. But they in no way dominate the country. Further, they could not, for Jews differ greatly among themselves; the notion of a single Jewish viewpoint organized by a single Jewish group is pure fantasy. On any topic—from education to foreign policy—they disagree vociferously and intensely among themselves.

(2) The Arab press talks about Jewish control of money, media and politics in America. Is this an undisputed fact?

No, there is no Jewish control of the media and politics in the United States. Jews do have a larger role than their 2 percent of the population might suggest, but it is far from monolithic or organized. Jews compete with each other as much or more than they cooperate—whether for business or for votes.

(3) Has the political Jewish control originated from the active role in elections as a well organised minority?

For starters, there is no "political Jewish control." For evident historical reasons, Jews have an intense interest in politics. They have had a tumultuous and sometimes terrible history: to protect themselves from future disasters, Jews in the United States and elsewhere tend to pay close attention to politics. They vote in larger percentages than almost any other element of the population. They give money to political candidates in larger amounts. They write and speak more about politics. None of this amounts to Jewish "control" of politics in the United States, but it does help explain the prominent place of Jews in American public life.

(4) What about religious and cultural alliances of American Jews with the rest of America?

In the entire history of the Jews, they have never lived in a country as securely and as successfully as in the United States today. It is a golden age. The secularism of the United States offers Jews the opportunity to purse their religion without any interference from the state. The openness of the country allows them the chance to flourish economically and express themselves intellectually. Its democratic nature permits Jews to integrate into public life. In all, Jews have become a full-fledged part of American life. They have both influenced the country and been influenced by it. In this sense, Jews cannot be distinguished from other Americans, even if they retain a distinctive set of characteristics.

(5) If there were such control, how can America liberate itself from it?
The notion of America liberating itself from Jews is absurd. Jews are full citizens of the United States with political, economic and personal rights and responsibilities precisely like any other citizens. This may be difficult for Arabs to comprehend, for the premises of American life are utterly different from those in the Middle East; as a result, Arabs in many cases simply do not understand how things work in the United States. It is key not to assume that the United States resembles Arab countries; I urge your readers not to see the United States in terms of their own experience. It takes much information and imagination to understand how this truly revolutionary country functions. Do not presume: learn. Do not project from what you know but take the time to find out how things work there. Only by such a process of investigating will Arabs come to comprehend the United States in general and specifically the role of Jews within it.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Lets lighten up a little ok?

While on the subject of Iran and the Jews with their respective threats to one another - how would it feel I wonder - to the average Israeli anyway - to be on the receiving end of this "Nun" in with her white gloves and all???

Iranian military woman.

AP Photo - Hasan Sarbakhshian

For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction - eh?

edit on 28-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: TXT

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Is there any confirmation that Obama actually was / is trying to establish diplomatic relations with Iran ?

Anything anywhere ?This article may be a ploy to sway pro Democrat American Jews.

I suggest that you actually READ the article and note the source - doing so will provide you with all the confirmation you might need - then get back to us - OK?
................Thank you

edit on 28-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: pic added

Well it seems the "article" cites this only.....

Maariv claimed, citing “two Western diplomats very close to the administration.”

"Western" diplomats ?

Were they American diplomats ?

I don't see any other credible "sources"

Can anybody find any at all ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join