It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why seti have'nt detected alien signal is earth qurantined from aliens?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
according to drake equation there are many alien civilization we should have got a alien signal till now its been 30 year since seti established.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
No, the drake equations does not say that. The odds that an advanced alien race has sent a signal to earth, a TINY dot in a MASSIVE universe, are so small that it will probably never happen. Also 30 years is nothing.
edit on 28-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by karam

Yep, all odds points to yes.
I think the "signal news" has just been suppressed from the main public.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by karam

Yep, all odds points to yes.
I think the "signal news" has just been suppressed from the main public.

No... the odds are it will never happen. I think you underestimate the size of the universe.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Yea but humans have been around for a long time.
There are probably a couple of civilizations out there aware of our existence.

Edit: I mean odds in general, not in comparison to 30 years in specific.
And due to the size of the universe, I think you my friend underestimate the chances of things happening. Infinite size, infinite possibilities.
edit on 28-10-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I also have my doubts that an advanced alien race would use radio waves to communicate, but you never know.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Godsname

Ha ha

You made a pretty good point there

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
We presume (since we are so "advanced") aliens would be using similar methods and technologies to communicate.

SETI is a dud, and waste of money.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic

Yea but humans have been around for a long time.
There are probably a couple of civilizations out there aware of our existence.

Edit: I mean odds in general, not in comparison to 30 years in specific.

Probably not, it's like trying to find a particular grain of sand on a beach. If they did send a signal our way, it would probably take a minimum of a few hundred Earth years to get here depending on how far away they are.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

But think about that all solar-systems were allot closer before.
There could very well be a civilization that had contact with Earth several millions of years ago, and kept the records in their town hall for future generations to study.

This is just crazy speculations, but hey, kinda fun to do

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I think that ET would use more advanced communication systems that we can't listen for. What's to say that they don't use pulsed lasers for communication. There are lots of possibilities and I just don't think that RF meets the grade for long range communication.

So one day we discover sub-space communication and we can't be heard over the chatter.

Perhaps they use telepathy.

P

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Indeed, but if they do want to communicate with us, they would probably try to use something that our "simple minds" can comprehend and make sense of. Both with tech and mind.
Perhaps we have already been contacted several times, but we just can not pick those signals up, because as you say, they are more high tech than we can handle.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Information theory: A signal that is enough encrypted is indistinguishable from noise.
Energy-efficiency: A signal should not be stronger than required to conserve energy.
Tactical: A civilization that has more than one faction or another civilization fighting will not have any beacons broadcasting to conserve integrity of operations.
Physics: Electromagnetic signals can't go past the speed of light. For long-distance transmissions, signals will use particles that travel over light speed, and thus will be invisible to sub-lightspeed particles.
Also, twin particle will offer tactical advantages.

To sum it up: Humanity won't find any alien electromagnetic signals unless there is a civilization that is just a bit more advanced ours with a distance in lightyears equal to the number of years since their first planetary conflict began. Those odds are astronomical. If you hope for proof of alien life, your best bet would be a more advanced drone sent to Mars or one of its moons. To find bacterias there isn't so far fetched. If you hope for signals, we just did some research into gravity-waves and warp-fields. One or both of those technologies might help us find those signals. We're simply not advanced enough to detect a civilization that is in the space-age.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by karam

Fact : The Drake equation does not attempt to, nor was it designed to determine when we should expect to recieve a signal from an alien intelligence. What it does do, is attempt to predict the number of detectable species there might be in the galaxy.

The two are not the same thing at all.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
thank you for your information friends i just think they already are among us they dont want us to know they exist

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Godsname

Just trying to help you out pal, i dont care what you write. But if i was you i would remove the P word from your post. Mods will just warn you, then ban you if you keep it up.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Radio waves are a form of light, so the "loudness" of the signal decreases in proportion to the distance. Commercial radio signals would be "inaudible" even from the nearest stars. A civilization that has advanced enough to detect habitable planets in the region, and we are now such a civilization, could initiate a program to contact its neighbors by focusing a very large radio telescope on a particular solar system and sending an extremely powerful signal in the hopes that the intended recipients are equally advanced. SETI is not, therefore, a complete waste of time, but the odds that two civilizations are at the same level of technological development within fifty light years of each other are extremely long.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by karam
thank you for your information friends i just think they already are among us they dont want us to know they exist

Why would you think that?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

u know steven greer disclosure many high ranking mil officers claiming govt knows,and alien abduction even if 1 is right among 100 it makes 10 right in 1000 abdution cases people claims area51 etc

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join