It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lyrically, some of the best in Music!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I'm calling it what it is, "Some of the Best Lyrics" ever, just listen closely...it's really just music! I will add to this list and so should you

Some Inappropriate language

edit on 10/28/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
um excuse me
the beastie boys are "black" music?
not to stir the pot but what does the efficiency with which one's skin produces melanin have anything to do with their musical tastes or abilities?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura
um excuse me
the beastie boys are "black" music?
not to stir the pot but what does the efficiency with which one's skin produces melanin have anything to do with their musical tastes or abilities?

Actually, you're partially correct. Yet, considering I changed the title to my thread after close consideration for my love of music and on top of that, considering I am a fan of all music, hopefully, I redeemed myself by correcting the title of my thread. If that's not good enough for you...Oh Well !

I apologize if I have offended anyone including you as that was not my intention.

ETA
However, I would like to add that considering the Beastie Boys/Rick Rubin were the first to do what they did at that time in music history (being non ethnic/black)...the Beastie Boys successfully entered the realm of Hip Hop (good for them...I love them), which was not, nor had it ever been noticed as anything other than black/hip hop/rap music at that time which was doomed to fail. Uhh-hummm let me clear my throat (Funk Master Flex) in case you're wondering where that cool quip came from. Not to mention the grandfather of Rap was actually, James Brown with the "Shindig/Papa's Got a Brand New Bag" followed by "The Big Payback".

In the "Big Payback", James Brown, if you listen carefully, said "Gotta' deal with you, gotta deal witch ya'". It should be President Obama's theme song for Congress. If you're offended, that's unfortunate, but I think you know what that means. Nobody likes "chicken change and squealing"...do you?

edit on 10/28/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Rakim... one of the best lyricists EVER!

IRM

edit on 28/10/12 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
tupac- changes, yeah
but irm is right with saying rakim is one of the best ever
his rhymes over eric b's basslines-listen to the bass on 'follow the leader', stood out way ahead of anyone else for me. his flow just rolls out.
damn, those basslines just get you moving. they had a song, 'the juice'

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 28/10/12 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join