It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT: Tsunami Warning for Hawaii

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

URGENT: Tsunami Warning for Hawaii

ptwc.weather.gov

A TSUNAMI WARNING CONTINUES IN EFFECT FOR THE STATE OF HAWAII. AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS

ORIGIN TIME - 0504 PM HST 27 OCT 2012
COORDINATES - 52.8 NORTH 131.8 WEST
LOCATION - QUEEN CHARLOTTE ISLANDS REGION
MAGNITUDE - 7.7 MOMENT

A TSUNAMI HAS BEEN GENERATED THAT COULD CAUSE DAMAGE ALONG COASTLINES OF ALL ISLANDS IN THE STATE OF HAWAII. URGENT ACTION SHOULD BE TAKEN TO PROTECT LIVES AND PROPERTY.

ESTIMATED IMPACT: 1028 PM HST SAT 27 OCT 2012
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.scd.hawaii.gov
ptwc.weather.gov
www.foxnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
ALERT Magnitude: 7.7 West Coast of Canada

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This could be potentially serious. A friend just informed me that civil defense sirens are sounding in Hawaii currently; he was woken up by them.

The Hawaiian Civil Defense states:

Tsunami WARNING for Hawaii remains in effect.
On Oahu tsunami refuge sites are:
Aina Koa Neighborhood Park
Asing Community Park
Ewa Mahiko Districk Park
Herbert L. Pililauu Community Park
Kahala District Park
Kailua District Park
Kaimuki Community Park
Kalakaua District Park
Kaneohe District Park
Kilauea District Park
Kokohead District Park
Kuliouou Neighborhood Park
Makaha Community Park
Makakilo Community Park
Makiki District Park
Manoa Valley District Park
McCully District Park
Nanakuli High
Niu Valley Middle
Patsy Mink Park
Waialua High
Waianae Elem
Wailupe Community Park
Waimanalo District Park
Wilson Community Park

Prepare NOW
Create an emergency plan. You can fill in the blanks on our template or create a plan of your own.
Put together an emergency supply kit. Visit our preparedness page for more information.

ptwc.weather.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
No offense but there are two thread on this subject that are very informative.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Neither specifically address the fact that a Tsunami may impact Hawaii in less than fourty minutes from the outset.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The Tsunami may very well become a major story in it's own right and entirely apart from the Quake. Indeed.

Anyone on O'ahu, they have updated evacuation zones and they may go beyond what is found in the local phone book and published disaster plans. Anyone who needs to know, check ASAP. So says their bulletins and their site. Here is the site and updated map for evacuation areas on O'ahu

Hawaii Evacuation Maps

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zanysami

Yes they do. They also include the link for the Hawaii live stream news station, been listening for a while now.

www.hawaiinewsnow.com...

No disrepect. Just thought you did not know.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
And I was just getting myself on MO time since I'm here visiting. But since my hubbys still home on the island looks like I'll be staying up to make sure he doesn't get washed away. Looks like it is only expected to be 1-3 ft for Oahu. That is not so bad.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hmm..

State Civil Defense is urging residents to move to higher ground if they are in a tsunami evacuation zone. The first waves could arrive as soon as 10:28 p.m., said the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Ewa Beach.

The center is predicting wave heights of 3 to 6 feet in some locations. The biggest waves are expected in Hilo, Kahului, Haleiwa and Hanalei.
Source

Looks like some of the other Islands may have a bad time. Lets hope this turns into a little thing like the last warning the media covered live.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zanysami

reply to post by dreamfox1 Could it be possible for a TSUNAMI splitting that island in Hawaii (sorry cant remember its name)? You know the one with the big trench right across it thats getting bigger all the time.

i added this to another thread but thought id put it here too.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I just left my job on the coast (Big Island), sirens have been going off for the last couple hours. A lot of resorts are evacuating, heavy traffic going uphill.

Pretty exiting to say the least, hopefully the impact will be minimal. Guess we'll know within the hour.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

edit on 28-10-2012 by Socrato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The guy at the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center just said they have NO measurements between the West Coast buoys and now so no one is sure what it'll look like. He's on Fox now.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Getting reports of people fighting at a gas station in Ewa Beach. 19 minutes till the wave hits and people are going at each others throats.

I was just driving a minute ago and it's pandemonium at gas stations and grocery stores.

Imagine what it's going to be like when a real emergency hits here.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
Getting reports of people fighting at a gas station in Ewa Beach. 19 minutes till the wave hits and people are going at each others throats.

I was just driving a minute ago and it's pandemonium at gas stations and grocery stores.

Imagine what it's going to be like when a real emergency hits here.

Yeah, it's a friggin zoo at the store near my house, line of cars blocking the road trying to get to the gas station. Wild.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Any chance of taking pictures of general things you're seeing there? It would be very interesting for context! Thanks for the info... It looks crazy on the TV images.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I so very much wish that was surprising.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Not really I just got back to my house up on the hill and I'm not leavin till the wave recedes.

BTW, this won't be a huge deal. It's gonna be a few feet. Some peoples boats will get damaged, some docks might get hit, but this isn't anything to be fighting at gas stations about.

But just for context...what I saw at the gas stations 45 minutes ago was dozens and dozens of cars packed at the pumps. People were calling the radio show and saying there was panic at the grocery stores.

No hope for people here during an actual situation

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
3 minutes past impact. We're still here. I think we're gonna make it!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I guess it's time to invest in some sensors in that direction. They said repeatedly that they'd have known with some certainty if it came from almost any other direction but from the East Pacific, they apparently had nothing. This would be an expensive and troublesome issue tonight if a couple buoys could have told them little to nothing actually made it? .

.....Of course, assuming these live shots showing nothing of any kind 7 minutes late might mean it's a dud.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

No hope for people here during an actual situation

Which means that any member of ATS will have the obligatory survival kit ready , anywhere they may be, for use any time.

This should be mandatory kit, as part of membership. Maybe not but you get what I mean.

We live in a cyclone area and we have at any one time 5 days of supplies. I am just about to buy a small generator as well to make things a little more comfortable, in the short term, should the need arise.

If things go on longer than 5 days, well, things get a bit lean...

By then though most other people are already screwed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join