It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Superstorm Threat Launches Mass Evacuations (Thread Will Include Updates)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Good luck to all those in the devistating storms in America. Aussies are praying for you all.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RagingBull

Originally posted by jhn7537
I'm now hearing rumors about 4ft of water (and rising) in the subway system... That could be devastating for the city of NY... Losing the subway system could, and would, be crippling to them

I don't think it's rumours..it's been on the news already as I previously posted.

Eitherway, any water that gets down there is bad news. Apparently the salt water is very damaging to the tracks and related components.
And they are saying that it could take as long as 29 days, a month, to pump out the water from the subway system alone. Never mind actually repairing it and getting it running again.
That's going to be a massive shock for the worlds busiest transport system.

This is making me feel sick. Think about all the homeless people living there. And the people that later on have to clean out the subway tunnels...
Economically, grid lock will be, both literally and as a figure of speech, a bitch.
edit on 30-10-2012 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Lucky I'm in Australia, but God bless America

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I've been watching the live pictures on Fox News channel here in Australia since before the storm hit. Some pretty bad pictures starting to emerge now. Was just watching footage of the huge fire that's levelled more than 50 homes (allegedly) in Queens, still burning badly now. Also saw video of beachfront streets that are now a foot deep in sand, houses destroyed everywhere. Death toll at 16 apparently so far.

I'm so sorry to see this happen guys, you NY'ers certainly take some sh*t.

I have a friend living in NY at the moment, he said it's pretty crazy. With your economy the way it is right now this is not going to be pretty.

Thoughts going out to you all.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So I wonder how many countrys are going to send help and aid??

Hello Hello anybody out there ??? hello Hello!!!

edit on 30-10-2012 by mikellmikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

You don't need our help mate, we are a nation of 22M and we took care of our mega floods in early 2011 in the aftermarth of Cyclone Yasi that declared an emergency of 3/4 of a whole state so I'm sure with a population of 314,655M in the USA you'll be just fine without us.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by mikellmikell

You don't need our help mate, we are a nation of 22M and we took care of our mega floods in early 2011 in the aftermarth of Cyclone Yasi that declared an emergency of 3/4 of a whole state so I'm sure with a population of 314,655M in the USA you'll be just fine without us.

I'm pretty sure he was getting at the fact that we donate millions of dollars and relief efforts when other countries need it and don't see much back.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join