It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Superstorm Threat Launches Mass Evacuations (Thread Will Include Updates)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Ummmm....... what's happening in Mexico there? Any ideas?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
For once I believe that people should listen to the officials..this storm aint looking good at all.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MilesTeg

www.abovetopsecret.com...

See the above thread. To everyone in this storms path,stay safe!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I think the one reason why people aren't taking this seriously is because the experts keep repeating themselves. I understand that they need to keep doing that for those who are just tuning in.

They're saying it might downgrade, though I doubt it. The pressure is staying consistent, and I think it even went down lower by a single number. Either way, I'm terrified.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Slinki

qualcomm is better than nothing, and he can message other drivers as well via qualcomm if he knows their driver number, or at least we could. He could get first hand info from others when he stops for gas or food or delivery.
Although the trick is to figure out who you know that is in the area, I know i got bounced around a lot, pick up a load in WA, drop off in so cal, then pick up and head to KY.

Ya if the roads are to bad, the dispatch will notify him, and if not, the state will have them marked or blocked off. he should know in advance before the roads get to bad. If nothing else they should have the portable roadside text signs ... hmm just woke up cant remember what those are called. But they are lit up and give info.

If he keeps the CB on, he should be fine, one thing i learned on the road, is when things get nasty out or congested, kick the cb on, there are always reports from other truckers as to whats going on and what to expect.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsandy
airborne cow in hurricane down south,

is this real?

edit on 28-10-2012 by atsandy because: (no reason given)

That was from the movie Twister....hahah, I had a nice laugh though

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
reply to post by Trueman

Stay safe mate! obviously being well prepared brings nothing to worry about,

I do ask for a small favor if you accept the challenge if you are up to it, If something EVER go's wrong & outside your house it looks terrifying.. Could you record what ever happens during the terrifying moment? Depending on how good the quality & what happens during the recording, I have connections that will be able
to forward your video to online media across the internet as an example of what a citizen went through.
edit on 28-10-2012 by FeelingPure because: error

A recording would be great but he shouldn't go out in the storm filming. It isn't safe.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Looks like we have our first "drama" on the High Seas. A tall ship, the "HMS BOUNTY" a replica of the ship from the movie Mutiny on the Bounty.

The coast guard is now monitoring a tall ship that is in distress off NC. The 180-foot, three-masted ship — a replica of one made famous in the film "Mutiny on the Bounty" — has 17 people aboard.

Coast Petty Officer 3rd Class David Weydert says a Coast Guard plane has since made contact with the ship which is taking on water and is without propulsion.
abcnews.go.com...

Here's the ship's website. Hope this isn't it's final voyage.
www.tallshipbounty.org...

Realtime ship locater from their website.
www.tallshipbounty.org...

edit on 29-10-2012 by SilverWraith because: Added link.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Transitarian
I think the one reason why people aren't taking this seriously is because the experts keep repeating themselves. I understand that they need to keep doing that for those who are just tuning in.

They're saying it might downgrade, though I doubt it. The pressure is staying consistent, and I think it even went down lower by a single number. Either way, I'm terrified.

Last I heard it was strengthening. Winds are 85 mph. It's a monster !

Yes they do need to keep repeating for those just tuning in.
I think it's human nature not to believe it will get bad when all is calm, no rain or wind yet.

There will unfortunately be people who stayed and will wish they hadn't once that wind comes howling by, but they won't be able to get to shelters now transportation has shut down.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

edit on 29-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
You can check out the LIVE interactive radar of the storm:

www.wavy.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MilesTeg

Btw...now the govt knows you are on both Facebook and ATS...prepare to have your door broken down by Homeland Security *mwuahahah*

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by outsidethesquare
good luck everyone, hope you get through it safely

Seconded, totally.

Good luck from me too, stay safe peeps.
Make sure you have all you need before it hits

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hi ATS-
Im in CT and figured I'd give you a shout out. Nothing has begun here as of yet, but my child's school got cancelled for two days already. Many people are talking about 'fear mongering', etc., and I dont doubt that at all (anything to get coverage), but most of the reason people are freaking out is due to the storm a year ago.
We had 10 days without power here and I think the damages in CT along with the lack of utility companies doing anything worth a damn was the real issue.
I would be more than willing to upload any photos I can take (assuming my computer battery lasts) for all of you to see.
Good luck to you all, and thanks for being my 'real' source of news and information on this storm!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
North VA here. Had to go in to work, but my kids and wife are off at least. Driving in it was like a ghost town. The rain wasn't too bad at 6am but the people coming in after me are saying it's picking up.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Good morning to all. I was suppose to go to work today. The company called last night to report we will be closed for now. Right now I am at home, in Newark, NJ. The winds already started to blow for some moments and can hear the sound it does. Seems like it will start earlier. No rain for now, some cars passing by my street. Light poles and wires outside swinging in some moments.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Originally posted by FeelingPure
reply to post by Trueman

Stay safe mate! obviously being well prepared brings nothing to worry about,

I do ask for a small favor if you accept the challenge if you are up to it, If something EVER go's wrong & outside your house it looks terrifying.. Could you record what ever happens during the terrifying moment? Depending on how good the quality & what happens during the recording, I have connections that will be able
to forward your video to online media across the internet as an example of what a citizen went through.
edit on 28-10-2012 by FeelingPure because: error

A recording would be great but he shouldn't go out in the storm filming. It isn't safe.

I will try, only if there is a chance to do that without risk. Thanks for the thought.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Been told the VA, MD and DC metro is being shutdown today due to the storm.

Only time I've seen them shutdown the metro here was after a blizzard and that was due to the fact they couldn't move the trains due to the snow on the tracks. Never seen them shut down be for a storm lands.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I'm in Pa., about 1hr North of Philadelphia. Strangest thing I seen in years. Everyone I know in this entire region was called Sunday from their local power company warning of being without power for 3 to 5 days.
Maybe this is just a precaution from what happened with Irene.

The conspiracy side of me wonders..."What do they already know that we don't". It hasn't even hit yet.
Seeing high winds with much rain, I understand there will be trees down in my location, causing power outages.
Just seems odd having them call, creeped everyone out.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
I'm in Pa., about 1hr North of Philadelphia. Strangest thing I seen in years. Everyone I know in this entire region was called Sunday from their local power company warning of being without power for 3 to 5 days.
Maybe this is just a precaution from what happened with Irene.

The conspiracy side of me wonders..."What do they already know that we don't". It hasn't even hit yet.
Seeing high winds with much rain, I understand there will be trees down in my location, causing power outages.
Just seems odd having them call, creeped everyone out.

Ya it does seem odd a bit odd with how bad they keep on saying it's going to be. Like the East coast is going to be shut down for a week.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join