It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Superstorm Threat Launches Mass Evacuations (Thread Will Include Updates)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Heres wishing everyone in the path of this thing, the very best of luck. You are in our prayers and thoughts. I am watching the BBC coverage right now, and there is a female US presenter talking right now. Its already pretty bloody windy where she is... God bless you all, and keep you in peace and safety.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm trying to find good live satellite images but cant find a good website.

Anyone?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

NOAA.org is a little behind by the clock, but I think it is the most up to date images.

second line

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

NOAA.org is a little behind by the clock, but I think it is the most up to date images.

second line

Don't forget the WWW on that.

www.noaa.gov...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Thank you, your explanation actually makes me feel a little better.
I can't convince him to take time off. I haven't seen him in four months because he's on a dedicated route out there and we live in Colorado. So it's difficult (but not impossible) for him to get home time.
At this point, it's really up to him to take the initiative and talk to his boss about it, but "if he ain't rollin he ain't bankin "...

*sigh*

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by angryhulk

I must say it sounds somewhat strange that we are getting SO much coverage of the weather event in the US, here in the UK, when according to you, there is little media coverage in the US... that sounds either incredible to me, and certainly, if accurate, is a matter for some concern.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by atsandy

Well, the price of beef is getting higher, it could be

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
everyone keep safe.........will see how thos storm plays out. thanks for the links

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Current links and pics.
www.nws.noaa.gov...

www.ssec.wisc.edu...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So what happens to the election if large parts of several swing states are without power on election day?

Paper ballots? Maybe Mittens' plan to buy up the company that control the voting booth machines will backfire as everyone votes with good old fashioned paper and pencil.

Will they be able to get ballots out in time?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
So what happens to the election if large parts of several swing states are without power on election day?

Paper ballots? Maybe Mittens' plan to buy up the company that control the voting booth machines will backfire as everyone votes with good old fashioned paper and pencil.

Will they be able to get ballots out in time?

What is it with America's inability to stop time for a moment and say hold on, let's wait a minute!

???

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Im surprised, ATS'ers! No one mention the FEMA conspiracy talked about

on other threads about "cancelling the election?" Ah well. The early elections

are cancelled - interestingly - and the prez was just on tv after attending

a FEMA meeting re: Sandy.

I don't think much will come of this except the power will go out. And my

wife rejected my generator proposal this summer saying "we'll never get

any use out of it, its a waste of $"

LOL

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The storms with the most hype are the ones that do little to nothing. Everything is worse when people underestimate what they feel is harmless.

So, do you guys think this is one of those times? Or do you think we're really in for one hell of a ride?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Man OP this "IS" the meat and potatoes of ATS...

When you take a charge the responsibility leaves you doing way more than thread starting, it can and has many times been a matter of life and death..

Keep the intel flowing!

This was a waste of my precious time so far.

Keep on it. Drink coffee or whatever but keep bringing it.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Slinki

Wow, thats a long time out, shoot and i though 4 weeks at a time was a long time away from home.

ahh CO you are just south of me.
West MT here.n

That is the sad part about the biz, if you are parked you dont make anything, and it takes a week to start
getting cash flowing again when you do stop for a while.

I was in one storm, headed south through AZ last year, wind hit side way's and i could feel the wheels on the
left side come up... that was close enough for me.. i am just glad i had 30K of rolls of paper in the back and the center of gravity was low, if it had been a normal load i think i would have gone over.

Hoping he is keeping up on whats going on weather wise, dose he have xm radio? those are handy for out on the road, lots of info at your fingertips, while you are moving.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thanks Annie, is there a better thread I can jump on to read and follow? I am worried and now with the whole west coast and beyond it feels really bad.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm just going to come right out and say it...

I think the media is pumping this whole thing up.

As far as that video clip of the flying cow.. that is a scene from the movie "Twister". It is not real.
edit on 28-10-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Annee

Thanks Annie, is there a better thread I can jump on to read and follow? I am worried and now with the whole west coast and beyond it feels really bad.

I don't know. I'm in the Southwest. Different issues to be concerned about.

But - - WOW! These huge storms are really scary. And "Day After Tomorrow" is one of my favorite films.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
HURRICANE SANDY: Photo taken MINUTES AGO, from Ocean Grove, NJ!

Posted online a few min. ago.

Those waves look big to me.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I'm just going to come right out and say it...

I think the media is pumping this whole thing up.

As far as that video clip of the flying cow.. that is a scene from the movie "Twister". It is not real.

Have you seen the size of that storm? People have died.

Hyping the dangers? I don't think so.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join