It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satelittes can see everyone?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hey there children, I got a free trial of that Earthviewer thing and i was wondering if the government has satelittes that can see everything on the ground. I think i saw something about this on t.v. a while ago but i can't remember it. has anyone got any info?
And can someone please tell me how to spell satelittes

[edit on 28/10/04 by Atomix]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
space.com spy satellite article

Here's an article that talks about the US satellite capabilities. Very intriguiing.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by speedmojo]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Certainly there were satelittes that could 'read' rank and other military insignia, being worn by individual persons, back in the mid 1990's. Your guess is as good as mine as to what they are capable of now????

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Great link! I suppose it could help track criminals but it taking away our right to privacy. maybe it all part of the NWO keeping an eye on citizens?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
every once in a while I will give the sky the finger just in case .... Occasioionaly I will show the moon my moon . I met a man who works for French military in their satellite spying branch.... He would tell me NOTHING SPECIFIC which leads me to belive they have some pretty powerful stuff that they are keeping a lid on .

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Do you still talk to this French military dude? Because you could just say "are you spying on us?" over and over until he cracks.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
HAHAH good tactic
I dont think it would work though....I dunno, who's to say, at the end of the day no one is gonna admit to having the capiablities, of spying on you at very close range....Maybe it could be the start of a Big Brother world :| SCARY THOUGHT

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by racos
Maybe it could be the start of a Big Brother world :| SCARY THOUGHT

In some American schools they have cctv cameras in fact they have cctv cameras in my school! Why do we need cameras in schools? Maybe it's because some nerds will break in and do extra maths!
IT IS BIG BROTHER!

God, I hate that show!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Here are links to two pieces of satellite imagery software:

NASA World Wind
Keyhole

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I would suggest that all ladies be very careful about sunbathing in the backyard. I'll bet they have a very interesting bulletin board at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If thats true then i'll definetly be working there! Cah ching!!!

[edit on 21/10/04 by Atomix]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Does anyone here actually, truly, believe that there is someone watching them from a satellite right now?

I know this is a conspiracy site and all, but that would be a little off the deep end, paranoia wise, don�t you think?

[edit on 21-10-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
How can u think they r not watching u? Our country has the highest security in the world now!!!! If they wanted to track down terrorists in the united states whut would they do?(let me see.........)
They would use a global positioning system!!!!!!!!!!! Also Known As A GPS except they have way better software and can see moving things on the earth from high powered satelittes!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have no doubt that the U.S. uses satellites to track individuals. I would bet that there are a couple that are parked over Faluja right now, as well as over parts of Pakistan and North Korea.

Are there satellites over the U.S. right now? Maybe, but that would seem like a waste of a valuable resource. There are much cheaper ways to track someone from the ground.

Do you honestly think that someone is wasting their time watching YOU?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Someones watching all of us. And I just saw Enemy of the State and there is a sattellite in that which can see everyone and tracks down Will Smith. GR8 MOVIE!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
A number of years ago I was informed by a gentleman in the us navy that they could read the writing on a coin placed on the ground!

He was one of the blokes who worked in one of those heavily armed rooms on one of those ships that co-ordinate the comms. for a fleet/battle-group (or whatever they're called).

Scary isn't it

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yer totally, if this is the case, maybe the governement has the capiablities to stop major events happening....For example if there was ever to be problems in iraq they could effectively spy on them, and try and prevent the problems before they escalate
I wonder if these satalittes can hear as welll ? that would be DEAD SCARY !

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't say they could hear things. Think of it if a sattelitte in space could hear things since it is pointed towards the Earth it would hear EVERYTHING happening fireworks, explosions, gunfire and the list goes on. It would surely blow the speakers. Im so close to 3500 points then i can get into RATS!!! keep the replies coming!

[edit on 28/10/04 by Atomix]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I believe the Air Force uses 1-meter diameter mirrors for their satellites. I can't believe what it was, but NASA needed mirrors for something and the Air Force had a bunch of 1-meter mirror blanks that they gladly gave over.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Back when I was in college, in the early '90s, I had a buddy who's father was a Colonel in the Air Force and he got my buddy (A complete computer genius) a job with TRW in their Space and Defense sector as a programmer. As it turned out, he was a programmer for spy satellites but I don't know if it was for a specific system on the satellite or the satellite itself (he was never allowed to say.). It was pretty cool cuz when he got the job some "government types" showed up at my house in college to do a background check whcih included interviews with his known "Associates." Anyway, one night while we were having drinks at our annual reunion, he accidentally disclosed that the US military and the NSA had satellites that could look at a dime and not only tell you if it was heads or tails, but could tell you the year it was minted!!! Now, who knows, maybe he was just drunk talking or exaggerating but this guy was not one to do that.

Now, let's get more to the point... There aren't that many of those types of satellites floating around up there and I am fairly certain, as logic dictates, that their are much more pressing issues of national security for these systems than spying on citizens. So whereas, yes, I believe that the technology not only exists but is employed daily, I find it highly unlikely that they are bothing to look into people's bedroom windows.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join