It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now drones take to the seas as U.S. Navy launches unmanned combat boats firing missiles for first ti

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
its a shame! i was enjoying this thread untill you started the whos better...

for what its worth, uk colonized most of the world hence why you now live in the usa. but as for our infarstructure, its #! the uk has not maintained so the americans just buy new which is aleays bettet than old!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
With all the "unmanned" and robotic stuff going on these days... EMP comes to mind as a counter deterrence. It wouldn't have to be from a nuke det. Makes me wonder if these new fancy toys are EMP shielded or it they even could be.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

That would be SICK!! AI troops, they should make a huge game, Kind of like battlefield 3, sept more realism and instead of people dying and all this stuff. they can make a very intense realistic game, where millions fight on huuge real life scale countries and all, and fight in that. sept people don't respawn when they die. and the winner of that match, it could last months will win like ina war..sept no cassulties and only nukes would be used in the game
man that would be so sick, i'd so love to play a game with full out scale war with like millions vs millions lol. It would require a intense PC, but heck so be worth it!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well, here's a nice way to render the 7th Fleet redundant and the Chinese countermeasures in place for thus with one stone...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rebroadcast

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by Rebroadcast

How do you know that any war will be unjustifiable?

Are you in the debriefing room?

Because Iran is no threat? Because the only nation on earth to target its neighbours like the US describes is the US and it's little bitch Israel? Because your country is not in charge of world affairs? Because launching a war like the one the US and Israel want is against the international law?

Yeah its not like Iran has in the past dropped mines in the gulf and attacked so many nuetral civilian ships that the they forced the US and the USSR to team up to protect civilian shipping. Or tried to bomb Kuwaits iol fileds and fail because the Iraqi airforce got in the way. Or that they have tried to export the Revolution by coups, assasination, and terror attacks across South West Asia and Africa. That Iran has never done anything to anyone thats why they are so loved world wide. So you say so what the US is just as bad? I suppose it depends on how you look at certain things. The US targets military and goverments and tries to avoid civilian targets where Iran's primary targets have been through its history civilian targets. Of course not killing civilians is modern western idea and I suppose you would not want to hold Iran to such ideas.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by Rebroadcast

How do you know that any war will be unjustifiable?

Are you in the debriefing room?

Because Iran is no threat? Because the only nation on earth to target its neighbours like the US describes is the US and it's little bitch Israel? Because your country is not in charge of world affairs? Because launching a war like the one the US and Israel want is against the international law?

Yeah its not like Iran has in the past dropped mines in the gulf and attacked so many nuetral civilian ships that the they forced the US and the USSR to team up to protect civilian shipping. Or tried to bomb Kuwaits iol fileds and fail because the Iraqi airforce got in the way. Or that they have tried to export the Revolution by coups, assasination, and terror attacks across South West Asia and Africa. That Iran has never done anything to anyone thats why they are so loved world wide. So you say so what the US is just as bad? I suppose it depends on how you look at certain things. The US targets military and goverments and tries to avoid civilian targets where Iran's primary targets have been through its history civilian targets. Of course not killing civilians is modern western idea and I suppose you would not want to hold Iran to such ideas.

What a load of crap.

www.youtube.com...

As for exporting terror, nobody does it like the CIA. You're too stupid to see what your country does around the world, too brainwashed to see the real threat isn't Iran, but the US and Israel.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Rebroadcast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
reply to post by doesntmakesense

An unarmed drone is a far, far cry from a fully armed unmanned boat. They wouldn't get within a 1,000 meters of that boat before they were vaporized from existence.
edit on 28-10-2012 by TheLonewolf because: sp

All they would have to do though is what they did to the UAV drone and jam the parent signal, surely. Then they can just go and take the boat.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToeKnee

An unarmed drone is a far, far cry from a fully armed unmanned boat. They wouldn't get within a 1,000 meters of that boat before they were vaporized from existence.
edit on 28-10-2012 by TheLonewolf because: sp

All they would have to do though is what they did to the UAV drone and jam the parent signal, surely. Then they can just go and take the boat.

Or just blast it out of the water with good old fashioned 30MM rounds.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Funny you say that. I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. I was thinking they would be using hollowed out reeds to breath thru, and rocks in their pockets to weigh them down and not scuba gear. All joking aside, they could possibly pull that off, but I think these ships would have a sophisticated radar system on them to keep that from happening. I never thought about the hacking part of it. Good call. I think your right, there is just too much that could go wrong with these boats. They'll probably be relegated to patrolling the coast lines of the U.S.

Maybe these boats would release a deadly jolt of electricity if anyone tried to swim up to them
edit on 28-10-2012 by TheLonewolf because: added idea

You seem to relish the thought of these weapons and other weapons being used in an offensive unjustified war against Iran, thus proving my point about the US citizenry being disgusting hypocrites.

You have no F'in clue who I am or what my thoughts are on ANY subject. Take your American hating rhetoric and stick were the sun doesn't shine, pal

Given your other post making a joke about Iran using paddle boats rather than speed boats, it does seem you have a bigoted view of Iran and its capabilities. This attitude is common to warmongering Americans who think their country is special and that its military has the right to wage war and kill anyone anywhere, and for the flimsiest of pretexts. Such nationalistic/jingoistic rhetoric reeks of racism too. I say this as a US citizen myself.

So yes, the commenter you are replying to does have a clue to where you're coming from. In any case, this commenter is QUITE correct about the attitude of many Americans and their hypocrisy when it comes to the use of violence.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Are unmanned boats easier to be physically captured? Yes!
Are unmanned boats easier to spot and destroyed? Yes!
Are unmanned boats easier to detected, compared to air drones? Yes!

So what's the point on using them? Unmanned attack devices, like a boat, can be used to storm some points while manned vessels cover them up, minimizing causalities and the need of troops to do so. Its a technique very simple called "Piranha bull". In Brasil, when cowboys are taking a huge group of cows to the slaughterhouse, and they come to the point where they need to cross a river full of piranhas, they get an old/sick bull and make it go first, so the piranhas will be busy eating it, while the rest cross the river safely. That's exactly why such a machinery exists, to avoid expose valuable troops in jeopardy.
Can you imagine a group of, lets say 500, of these robots, attacking like crazy in some point, getting the cover from a safe distance from larger vessels? It will be a nightmare to the enemy.
You can say: This does not mean some of them wouldn't be captured by the enemy and such enemy will get precious technology, using reverse engineering. Yes, you are right. But by the point they finished studying it, the war will be long gone.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
These would be handy to use against Iranian speedboats in the Straight of Hormuz.

yes those toys are far more effective than USA's useless large carriers in Persian gulf.but on other hand that toys suffer more from electronic wars.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join