It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2012 DA14 On Collision Course With Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Researchers will be gathering at the Central Florida University in Orlando on Feb 15 to try and deflect the asteroid from destroying Earth, if the asteroid hits the polar region it will melt it instantly turning continents into oceans, very few are expected to survive this catastrophe. The US Administration have already put plans to airborne US officials until things settle down.

Full Story

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
No where in the article you link to does it say that 2012 DA14 is going to hit earth.

Experts say there is no chance the asteroid will hit Earth - this time. But with more than 4,700 asteroids NASA has identified as potential threats to Earth, some as big as 16 football fields, these objects are getting a lot of attention.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

Your article says.
Experts say there is no chance the asteroid will hit Earth - this time.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Your title is not correct as the article clearly states the following: "Experts say there is no chance the asteroid will hit Earth - this time."

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Asteroid to pass within moon's distance February 2013

2012 DA14 is only 46 meters across (about 150 feet). The articles I read said it would be the equivalent of a 2 megaton bomb....not a planet killer. Not going to be pleasant if it were to hit a populated area or even air burst (shades of Tunguska). The article I just read said that there was only a 1 in 86,000 chance we will get hit by it and that is in 2020. I think it depends on how much, if any, the earths gravity effects it the next time it swings close in 2013.
edit on 10/27/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Researchers will be gathering at the Central Florida University in Orlando on Feb 15 to try and deflect the asteroid from destroying Earth

Where does it say that?

if the asteroid hits the polar region it will melt it instantly turning continents into oceans

Where does it say that?

very few are expected to survive this catastrophe

Where does it say that?

The US Administration have already put plans to airborne US officials until things settle down

Where does it say that?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You thought you were trolling in a pond of goldfish. Guess you just found out, we, ATSers are well seasoned sharks, who don't take the bait....

Des

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

You thought you were trolling in a pond of goldfish. Guess you just found out, we, ATSers are well seasoned sharks, who don't take the bait....

Des

GO DES!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

My advice: Do not watch sci-fi movied while reading!
2nd

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
2012 DA14

Feb 15

Distance:
0.09 LD

Estimated size:
57 m

Looks like a possible hit to me.
Not a wipe out all of life thing, but that will make for one heck of a big blast where ever it hits.
At 0.09 LD, I would say that's to close to call anything other than if it misses us we got lucky kind of thing.

It is now listed on the space weather site:www.spaceweather.com... in red on their Near Earth Asteroid list.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
and so they do,.
funny thing about that distance is, a single object could "nudge" it as a direct hit..
Maybe this thread shouldnt be in the hoax bin

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

Researchers will be gathering at the Central Florida University in Orlando on Feb 15 to try and deflect the asteroid from destroying Earth

Where does it say that?

if the asteroid hits the polar region it will melt it instantly turning continents into oceans

Where does it say that?

very few are expected to survive this catastrophe

Where does it say that?

The US Administration have already put plans to airborne US officials until things settle down

Where does it say that?

After reading this and then seeing your avatar it all clicked ever so simply. However, I am curious to see what the planet does to the asteroid's path. This is a first for humanity I am excited about.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

This is so believeable that i pooped my pants while running to australia from japan.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
We'll be discussing this subject on ATS Live Tonight.

More info here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join