It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT Magnitude: 7.7 West Coast of Canada

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Hawaii newscasters are saying that tsunami waves as low as 3ft are strong enough to carry cars away so be careful!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Whos those idiots down on the beach on the live video.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

I know and now they are reporting that the tsunami's height might be significantly higher than they have been predicting.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Dare devils, looking for trouble Obviously.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys

1000 to 1 they are posting on Facebook!!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

The newest recipients of the "Darwin Award"

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
reply to post by aarys

I know and now they are reporting that the tsunami's height might be significantly higher than they have been predicting.

It's had a whole lot of ocean, to gain momentum. The Issue I'm worried about here, is the volume of water. I mean, if it started in QCI in BC, an enormous amount of water could be heading that way. Not trying to be a doomsayer here, but it makes sense to me.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Can someone send me the link to the cam, please?

I'm on my phone and I'm having a hard time finding it lol

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

1000 to 1 they are posting on Facebook!!

Alright, I got one for facebook.
one for Darwin, at 3:1
Any takers for twitter, at 2:1?

(sorry, had to add a little humour to a tense moment, but this is still a very serious ordeal.)
edit on 28-10-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

so many people on the peer waiting for the first tsunami wave

crazy fearless people that take a lot of risks

Live Stream

now they say people stuck in trafic to evacuate their cars ASAP
and go into higher ground
edit on 10/28/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I agree. They have been showing an image of the energy of the earthquake and it surged right to Hawaii which has everyone very concerned and it was eerie too how perfect it stretches to the islands.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

At least they provide some help with scientific research of the currents, when they find how far their bodies have moved!

People like that really are Darwin award candidates. I'd just leave them and tough luck if they don't heed the warnings. No sympathy if they die at all as it would be as a result of their own stupidity.

link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

This is the livestream we are watching of Hawaii. They are calling for people to get out of their cars and head for high ground.

link   

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Hijinx

I agree. They have been showing an image of the energy of the earthquake and it surged right to Hawaii which has everyone very concerned and it was eerie too how perfect it stretches to the islands.

Yeah, there are reports the quake was felt as far away as Alberta, that's pretty significant.. I mean QCI has to be more than 1000km from Alberta....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Man, I really hope those people can run fast.

Isn't it typical before a tsunami hits, the tide recedes, then it all comes as a massive wall of water moving 100's of feet a second?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

reply to post by Hijinx

Yeah, there are reports the quake was felt as far away as Alberta, that's pretty significant.. I mean QCI has to be more than 1000km from Alberta....

Those reports are bull$&@!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the links guys.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Its not how high the wave is, its how long it is. If it is 7 feet high and 1 mile long, then that is one dangerous wave. It keeps piling up and up. Those people climbing buildings should pick them carefully. Open base like parking garages are best as the water can run right through them and not destroy them. Solid foundations are the most impacted by a wall of water and all the stuff in it. Best bet is to just go up the side of a hill for a night of camping. The series of approaching waves tend to add to the damage. They swirl around all the debris. Whatever you do, don't come down to "investigate" until it is all clear. And I mean alllll clleaaar.

The sirens and evac warnings are there for a reason. I know Hawiians are used to all the false alarms and this could turn out top be one of those... better to laugh about that in the morning then cry because "nobody thought it was going to be as bad as it turned out"

Err on the side of caution.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by Hijinx

reply to post by Hijinx

Those reports are bull$&@!

Dogs, freaked out here felt something here, I'm pretty far away. I didn't think, oh hey earthquaks, but I felt it. Kelowna, and kamloops felt it, they are pretty effing far as well.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join