It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zombie Threat is the Civil Disturbance Threat

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
We are all constantly hearing about the threat of a Zombie apocalypse; but, what do zombies represent. "Dawn of the Dead" was a great horror film and the director what the zombies represented, they represented the American consumer, us. The imagery is always the same, a select group of real people fighting off the mindless, great unwashed masses. The special people being protected from the useless eaters.

Marines, police prep for mock zombie invasion

You could laugh; but, let me explain the psychology behind it. It is much easier to train people to kill zombies that are on a rampage then it is to train them to kill regular unarmed citizens. I ask you to actually read the article. In the article it says,

"This is a very real exercise, this is not some type of big costume party," said Brad Barker, president of Halo Corp, a security firm hosting the Oct. 31 training demonstration during the summit at a 44-acre Paradise Point Resort island on a San Diego bay. "Everything that will be simulated at this event has already happened, it just hasn't happened all at once on the same night. But the training is very real, it just happens to be the bad guys we're having a little fun with."

I want you to consider what Mr Barker said, he said that everything that is simulated has already occurred. He is not talking about people becoming zombies, he is talking about the way you quell civil disturbances and what you can expect when a citizenry revolts against it's own government. Elsewhere in the article it says, " Newman said. "Obviously we're not expecting a zombie apocalypse in the near future, but the effects of what might happen in a zombie apocalypse are probably similar to the type of things that happen in natural disasters and manmade disasters."

Lets think about that for a moment. The purpose of the training is to prepare for natural and manmade disasters. Well seeing as it involves local police and firefighters, we should assume that refers to natural and mandmade disasters within our borders. If you read the whole article with that in mind, you begin to see what the planning entails. They start with the assumption that they have to remove the important people from the rest of us and kill us if we get in the way.

Personally, I do not see nor believe such a scenario of complete civil revolt is likely to occur. I am not a prepper and do not believe that revolts ever improve your situation; but, you train for the war you believe is most likely. So either they are training for a world full of real zombies or that is how they view the masses.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This comparison makes sense.

I have sensed that analogy in every zombie movie ever made. If you look at the zombies as more of a symbolic "something or someone bad ruining society as we know it", then the zombies can symbolize almost anything.

The Walking Dead fascinates me for that reason. It shows what would happen to a group of survivors struggling to make it when the world as they know it has collapsed. It shows how their morality changes, how their interactions with fellow man changes, and how the need to survive can cause people to do things they never would have considered before. The zombies can be considered to be just some threat, any threat, which is the cause of the mess and an ongoing threat that must be dealt with on a daily basis.

That makes me wonder if the current fascination with a "zombie" scenario is more just an instinctive "walk-through" for all of us, much like the exercise in the OP. How many of us have watched these movies, and considered "what would I do" and "why didn't they do this" and "it was stupid of them to do that"? It becomes a mental exercise to prepare us all with the ability to think through any kind of life altering situation. And there are constant threats these days that something may indeed cause some kind of situation where we all need to have these skills.

My son and his friends are fascinated with zombie-killing video games. I sometimes remark to them "oh, practicing those real life survival skills again, huh?" and they always respond "yep". I'm sure they think I am sarcastically joking, but in the back of my mind, I think it is not too far from the truth.
edit on 10/27/12 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

Dear BlueAjah,

If you want to understand anything that is hidden there are two things to do. Firstly, examine the infrastructure that is being built, they type of infrastructure you build is in anticipation of what you will be supporting in the end. The second is to ignore the propaganda and understand that the end result was what was intended. Now let us consider the infrastructure that has been put in place over the last decade.

The government eliminated the Posse Comitatus Act which had prohibited using the military to quell civil disturbances. Then they moved troops to the United States specifically to help quell civil disturbances and in the event of emergencies. The beginning date for this new roll was October 1, 2008. Here is an article from the Army News - Brigade homeland tours start Oct. 1. The start date is interesting, it is the same day that congress was supposed to pass the TARP bill, that is the trillion dollars spent to bail out the banks. Now lets remember what Brad Sherman said on October 2, 2008 in Congress. YouTube - Rep. Brad Sherman Martial Law

Now lets look at the type of training that is being done within the United States. They are training for urban warfare within the United States. In Los Angeles they practiced touching down and retrieiving VIPs from skyscrapers. There is not much call for that in Afghanistan or Iraq or even Iran. This is a conspiracy site so the question is valid; but, beyond and conspiracy comes training and infrastructure.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Yikes.

Thanks for that explanation.

I'm beginning to see the other aspect of the zombie analogy. "We" are the zombies? That is quite disturbing.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Dear BlueAjah,

You got a star for that. Yep, they are training for civil disturbance within the United States and contrary to what the alarmists are predicting, they are not training to put us all in concentration camps. As was discussed in the first article from my OP, they are training to extract the critical people and leave the rest of us. Lets go back to the original article about the upcoming zombie exercise in San Diego. They state that the troops would simulate having to retreive a VIP out of a civil disturbance zone; but, then they say they believe that soldiers could get bitten and become zombies themselves. Think about it, that is an analogy for troops deserting and fighting with the citizens.

We have plenty of military and ex-military people on the site and I am sure many of them have participated in military exercises. They are designed to represent the battlefield that you are expected to be in.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Dear BlueAjah,

Lets think about this a little more. I should say that I do not watch television and rarely see movies anymore. When one does think of zombie movies they are usually about a small band of people surviving in a world of zombies. These shows appear to be about the good citizens being the ones that kill the zombies, those who no longer conform to societies requirements.

The movies and shows are about instilling a fear of losing what you have to the "mindless masses". Myth is designed to teach a moral, when I used to do theater we would always try and determine what the point of the story was, the theme, the moral. Art is intended to teach lessons and not just be visual or oral, it is intended to and always has meaning.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well it certainly goes along with the fact that the DHS ordered a buttload of Hollowpoints for 9's and M1's
they are not going to be using these for practice rounds,.. they are ment for actual killing

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Desensitization.

It has been growing beneath us and inside ourselves and we didn't even care to notice. All the movies, music, tv reality shows, channels like the MTV, a gradual change of society's values including the broad acceptance of the "dog eat dog" corporate view, etc... everything is the result of the same seed.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Water, food, shelter. If you don't have those things you'd start acting like a zombie too.

Now imagine hoards of people without necessities scouring the country-side in the event of a collapse..

Only they'd be carrying things like axes and knives..
The authorities would try and unarm the populace, quarantine them in labour camps.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear BlueAjah,

You got a star for that. Yep, they are training for civil disturbance within the United States and contrary to what the alarmists are predicting, they are not training to put us all in concentration camps. As was discussed in the first article from my OP, they are training to extract the critical people and leave the rest of us. Lets go back to the original article about the upcoming zombie exercise in San Diego. They state that the troops would simulate having to retreive a VIP out of a civil disturbance zone; but, then they say they believe that soldiers could get bitten and become zombies themselves. Think about it, that is an analogy for troops deserting and fighting with the citizens.

We have plenty of military and ex-military people on the site and I am sure many of them have participated in military exercises. They are designed to represent the battlefield that you are expected to be in.

On the one hand I agree that the zombie thing is a convenient way of prepping for urban warfare in a "tongue in cheek" manner that the govt gets to mock and pretend like its nothing, but on the other hand:

the elites have invested way too much propaganda into 2012 being "the end of the world." As a Christian, I will freely admit that religion is used as a tool to control people. The most logical outcome must be that in the run up to the "end of the world" is some sort of edge of nuclear WWIII, the govt hands out "anti-radiation pills" that are laced with some sort of deliriant (my guess is some sort of combo with eserine or BZ en.wikipedia.org...

These CNS effects include a dose-dependent decrease in the level of consciousness, beginning with drowsiness and progressing through sedation to stupor and coma.

The patient is often disoriented to time and place. Disturbances in judgment and insight appear. The patient may abandon socially imposed restraints and resort to vulgar and inappropriate behavior.
Perceptual clues may no longer be readily interpretable, and the patient is easily distracted and may have memory loss, most notably short-term memory. In the face of these deficits, the patient still tries to make sense of his environment and will not hesitate to make up answers on the spot to questions that confuse him.
Speech becomes slurred and often senseless, and loss of inflection produces a flat, monotonous voice.

References become concrete and semiautomatic with colloquialisms, clichés, profanity, and perseveration. Handwriting also deteriorates. Semiautomatic behavior may also include disrobing (perhaps partly because of increased body temperature), mumbling, and phantom behaviors such as constant picking, plucking, or grasping motions ("woolgathering" or carphology).

Central nervous system mediated perceptual disturbances in BZ poisoning include both illusions (misidentification of real objects) and hallucinations (the perception of objects or attributes that have no objective reality). Hallucinations resulting from anticholinergics such as BZ tend to be realistic, distinct, easily identifiable (often commonly encountered objects or persons), panoramic, and difficult to distinguish from reality. They also have the tendency to decrease in size during the course of the intoxication. This is in contrast to the typically vague, ineffable, and transcendent-appearing hallucinations induced by psychedelics such as '___'.

Another prominent CNS finding in BZ poisoning is behavioral lability, with patients swinging back and forth between quiet confusion and self-absorption in hallucinations, to frank combativeness. Moreover, as other symptoms begin to resolve, intermittent paranoia may be seen. Automatic behaviors common during resolution include the crawling or climbing motions called "progresso obstinato" in old descriptions of dementia.

So, as you can see, it would be very easy to create a zombie apocalypse via drugs via the CDC's Cities Readiness Initiative. www.bt.cdc.gov... And it would fulfill Biblical prophecy of the antichrist using "pharmakia"/ sorcery to decieve the world, and it would scare the crap out of people, to say the least. Make them beg for martial law and scare up a witch hunt for people infected with the zombie disease.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Dear BlueAjah,

If you want to understand anything that is hidden there are two things to do. Firstly, examine the infrastructure that is being built, they type of infrastructure you build is in anticipation of what you will be supporting in the end. The second is to ignore the propaganda and understand that the end result was what was intended. Now let us consider the infrastructure that has been put in place over the last decade.

The government eliminated the Posse Comitatus Act which had prohibited using the military to quell civil disturbances. Then they moved troops to the United States specifically to help quell civil disturbances and in the event of emergencies. The beginning date for this new roll was October 1, 2008. Here is an article from the Army News - Brigade homeland tours start Oct. 1. The start date is interesting, it is the same day that congress was supposed to pass the TARP bill, that is the trillion dollars spent to bail out the banks. Now lets remember what Brad Sherman said on October 2, 2008 in Congress. YouTube - Rep. Brad Sherman Martial Law

Now lets look at the type of training that is being done within the United States. They are training for urban warfare within the United States. In Los Angeles they practiced touching down and retrieiving VIPs from skyscrapers. There is not much call for that in Afghanistan or Iraq or even Iran. This is a conspiracy site so the question is valid; but, beyond and conspiracy comes training and infrastructure.

Outstanding post Question. Really well done.

Since Posse Comitatus has NOT been re-instated, do you hypothesize that there is also another major event that will occur in the future? Near or otherwise. Also you've mentioned Martial Law, which if you remember PDD 51, in which Bush signed into law, which grants the President HIMSELF can order Martial Law WITHOUT congresses approval. Of course I'm para phrasing but you get the idea. So the question is why in the last 4-5 years are we seeing these major "additions" to our policies ? Is there preparation for something catastrophic which may have been foreseen or is it just a tool to surpress the power of the Consitution or perhaps both?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Quetzalcoatl12

Dear Quetzalcoastl12,

Since Posse Comitatus has NOT been re-instated, do you hypothesize that there is also another major event that will occur in the future? Near or otherwise. Also you've mentioned Martial Law, which if you remember PDD 51, in which Bush signed into law, which grants the President HIMSELF can order Martial Law WITHOUT congresses approval. Of course I'm para phrasing but you get the idea. So the question is why in the last 4-5 years are we seeing these major "additions" to our policies ? Is there preparation for something catastrophic which may have been foreseen or is it just a tool to surpress the power of the Consitution or perhaps both?

You ask a good question and I don't know that I have the answer; but, I have wondered about it. Here is what I do know, the housing bubble was intentional and the consequences were inevitable. As Warren Buffet pointed out years ago, America was headed for bad times because we do not manufacture much anymore. After 9-11 our economies weaknesses were displayed. Our response was to create the housing bubble and we knew it would only last a short time, the last hoorah, if you will.

In Political Science we are taught that revolutions occur when you have had an improving economy that suddenly dips and turns bad. It has to do with expectations by the society being quickly and fatally dropped. Perhaps what we are seeing is an attempt to "manage" that change. I cannot deny that as a possibility. Having said that, I personally believe that it was planned in an attempt to create a global currency and a new economic order. In either case, what is coming is easy to see. The U.S. is no longer the most important economy, China is. The dollar is not going to be the reserve currency of the world and that will hurt us. The U.S. is going to see a continual downward spiral in the long run and we won't like it.

All you have to do is read ATS to know that there are those who want to revolt and believe we can go back to being number one without having to actually be cheaper with our products. The preparations we are seeing are for major civil revolts, it is what it is. Were the revolts planned or merely prepared for, that is the million dollar question. I was not involved in the planning so I cannot say for sure. In my opinion, it was planned for the west to fail; but, that is just an opinion. In either case, the western world is failing and will not be the dominant economy of the future and what we are seeing is the preparation for that.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I'm actually surprised on how little attention that this thread has been given. However, I believe some folks on ATS rather discuss frivolous issues in which to incite certain emotions and get into endless debates with those who already have their SET beliefs. But that's another theard entirely.

Anyway, I totally agree with your last statement. It doesn't matter on who gets elected, we as the USA are in big trouble. However for the globalists, this is the path in which they have been striving for for at the very least WW1 and at the most for centuries. With that said, we have 2 more "unions" to be established, the North American Union and The Pacific Union. Thus, the intentional REDUCTION of quality of life in the US and the rise of quality of life in Canda and Mexico. When the reduction is complete, then the people in the US will realize that they have been lied to for a very long time thus possible civil unrest or in the governments term Zombie Apocalypse.

To bring globalization in to total fruition there will be a war or a castrophe unlike any other. I'm thinking an economic collapse of some sort which will most likely lead to war, which when is all said and done, will most likely lead to a form of United Nations that has immense power. As you stated in your last post China is reaping the benefits of the Untied States production going to them and other countries like India. However, there can't be a world super power anymore, only a singular Suprapower. So China with all of our producers will NEED to collapse as well. However going back to the topic of Zombie Apocalypse/Uprising of the people, it may be that they are preparing for not only the initial incident but maybe continual uprisings there after. However for every prepared plan, there is always a variable which either they have not foreseen or major issue in which could make there prepared plan not as complete as they thought. We on ATS sometimes talk about doom and gloom so much that we forget how resilient the human sprit is in times of Stryfe. Let's see what happens.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl12

Dear BlueAjah,

Outstanding post Question. Really well done.

they sure do see something on the horizon simply because they created it, it's called the faux economy. in this faux economy they constantly paint a media picture that states everything is ok and getting better but when you look at the situation with open eyes you soon realize just how full of # they are.

The Virtual Recovery

Since mid-2009 the US has been enjoying a virtual recovery courtesy of a rigged inflation measure that understates inflation. The financial Presstitutes spoon out the government’s propaganda that prices are rising less than 2%. But anyone who purchases food, fuel, medical care or anything else knows that low inflation is no more real that Saddam Hussein’s weapons of mass destruction or Gadhafi’s alleged attacks on Libyan protesters or Iran’s nuclear weapons. Everything is a lie to serve the power-brokers.

www.paulcraigroberts.org...

excellent piece on our exact real situation in that article.

i'm convinced on a few things here, 1- our economy is destabilizing rather quickly, 2- we are being lied to by our government on the true state of our economy and 3- with inflation rising, jobs evaporating and winter setting in, the US people will be starving, freezing and the biggest thing of all, their eyes will be wide open to the fact that they have been lied to.

they are preparing for millions of pissed off, starving, unemployed, armed Americans, to finally see how abused they have been by their so called leaders.
edit on 30-10-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Why has it taken you this long to figure this out?

I was a big fan of horror movies when I was younger and particularly Zombie films.
Romero always said the Zombies were a metaphore. So even though the Zombie has been a staple in horror films for decades there was never a social meme that came along with that.
Until Katrina
For many of us watching the footage of people mindlessly looking to the government to rescue them conjured images of the Zombie films we had enjoyed when we were younger.
From that point on the zombie became a meme in gun culture and then spread to popular culture.
Many of you use the term to represent anyone who mindlessly follows but you dont know that its current popularity started with gun culture as a jib at the welfare state.
Did you not wonder while watching South Park why the homeless "Zombies" cried out for "Change!!!".
Go to any gun show in the US and you will see the popularity of the "Zombie" meme. Its a PC way of planning to kill people who try to take everything from us.
No one really cares if we plan for a "zombie" appocalypse. What that represents however is the day that the government teat runs dry and the mindless welfare state collapses.

Get ready because that day will be here sooner than you think.

Now I will be called a racist in 5...4...3....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Quetzalcoatl12

Dear Quetzacoatl12,

Personally I see a currency collapse. The IMF is recommending a coordinated Hyperinflation which would result in eliminating national debt and the replacement of the currencies with currencies that are all pegged to the same thing, (they are recommending gross domestic product). While this could result in a civil disturbance, the correction would occur quickly enough that I think it would be very limited and over quickly without a need for extreme violence.

new topics

top topics

join