It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthniks, keep your filthy mitts off my chocolate milk!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Well, because it doesn't taste right. Obviously there's more to it than just chocolate, and milk. Sugar? What kind of chocolate?

To a true chocolate milk lover the flavor is very sensitive.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

Our local farm shop sells these (what can only be described as ) chocolate pyramids on a stick. These are then simply dipped into the milk to get the flavour. They are a bit pricey but then, tbh, i do not mind as the chocolate drink you get from them is totally divine. Literally like drinking the finest grade chocolate. No good for my teeth but sod it, dental technology is great these days!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

...and thus will you save the world from fake chocolate milk.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

I despise chocolate milk, but I agree with your thread. I don't know why I despise it - I love milk, and I love chocolate, but I can't stand chocolate dairy (milk, ice cream, or pudding.)

That said, my in-laws were in town recently, amd they like chocolate milk, so I went to buy some, and noticed a type that said something like "Real! Chocolate Milk!". Curious, I checked the other ones out...multiple ingredients.

Chocolate milk needs 2-3 ingredients: milk, cocao, and (optional) sugar.

No corn syrup, no chlorhydroxytrialuminomiumzirconate-ethyl-6-phyenol-12-plutonimonide, etc.

Shopping at a "Jewel" food store, only because it was close, I also picked up a "butter-filled" coffee cake. Guess which ingredient does NOT exist in a Jewel "butter-filled" coffee cake? You guessed it...not a nanogram of butter in that coffeecake. Might as well call Twinkies "Broccoli Bites."

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I drink whole milk. I prefer Jersey milk, the creamier stuff you get from Jersey cows but it gives me migraines when I drink it often. I love milk. None of this watered down stuff.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have stopped eating most candy/junk food. It doesn't even taste good. Chocolate stuff taste acidic and waxy like the kind of chocolate on ring dings/funny bones, almost all the candy candies are corn syrup or some form of gum/wax. Even the regular stuff mac and cheese from Kraft, is GARBAGE, I bought a 10 pack just for a stock item, I was lazy one night didn't want to go foods shopping , I said f it, ill make some mac n cheese, after about 2 bites, 1 bite to say ewe, the second bite to confirm that the first bite was in fact ewe, do you people really feed this crap to your kids? None the less I threw it out and the whole box(no I wouldn't donate that crap)
I literally can't find one food product I used to like as a kid that actually taste good, and I still like sugary/rich stuff cakes, candies, fudge, etc so I know its the food and not just that I got older.

Now I have learned to make fudge, ice cream, SUGAR candies, cookies, cake, taffy, caramel, list goes on and on hahah all the stuff I used to like as a kid, its amazing when you can make it yourself, and also a little sad, kinda takes the magic out if it making it yourself lol, but comes out AWESOME.

edit on 30-10-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: sp

edit on 30-10-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: bunnies

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread! Now I can put my finger on why I haven't bought any chocolate milk in awhile. It's because it's not really chocolate milk. Even "whole" milk is only about 10% milk. Whatever happened to that old "Truth in advertising" law? I want my chocolate milk back.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrulyColorBlind
Thanks for this thread! Now I can put my finger on why I haven't bought any chocolate milk in awhile. It's because it's not really chocolate milk. Even "whole" milk is only about 10% milk. Whatever happened to that old "Truth in advertising" law? I want my chocolate milk back.

Here is the recipe for the perfect glass of chocolate milk:

1) Milk a cow--it's tougher than it sounds, speaking as one who has helped to support his family by milking the buggers by hand.
2) Put some of that milk into a glass
3) Take some pre-prepared real honest-to-god cacao, crunch it up, and add it to the milk.
3a) For best results, the milk should still be warm from the udder.
4) Take a bit of cocoa butter and add it to the milk. Milkfat is fine, but for the real experience you need cocoa butter. That's the kicker that makes it top the yum-meter.
5) Mix vigorously.
6) Chill to desired temperature (generally, right around 42 degrees farenheight on a warm sunny day with no rain)
7) Drink mixture, while dangling a grandchild on your lap (share or do not, as you wish. Grandkids almost always forgive)
8) Repeat process until dead.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

The real problem is not the healthniks.The PTB are probably
keeping the real stuff for themselves and allowing us minions
to only have chemicals.
pssst...if you have hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder you
can make your own chocolate milk.Just don't forget the sugar.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by herrw

The real problem is not the healthniks.The PTB are probably
keeping the real stuff for themselves and allowing us minions
to only have chemicals.
pssst...if you have hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder you
can make your own chocolate milk.Just don't forget the sugar.

find cocoa butter and add it, too. that makes it as incredible as incredible gets. Cocoa powder has no cocoa butter.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Mmmmm... cocoa butter...

That's how my grandma used to make it when I was really little... Ah, memories...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join