It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthniks, keep your filthy mitts off my chocolate milk!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I love chocolate milk. It is more than a passing fancy or occasional taste treat--if possible chocolate milk would be my primary form of nutrition. It would be the base of my food pyramid, if you will. However, there is a very big problem in the world: it is nearly impossible to find chocolate milk.

What's that, you say? Chocolate milk is available everywhere milk products are sold? Check again, chuckles! Somewhere along the road from tasty goodness to all-embracing health requirements, the blessed union of chocolate and cow's milk became an unholy alliance of chemistry and false promises. That's not chocolate milk. That's the spawn of Satan.

Look at the ingredients. Usually, right on the front of the container in question, it will say 1% chocolate milk. That's not chocolate milk. That's chocolate water with white food-coloring. In fact, it's probably not even chocolate water. It seems that chocolate syrup is too expensive to do right, so they've replaced the chocolate in the syrup with chocolate flavored chemicals. Look at a bottle of Hershey's syrup... that's right. Even Hershey's, the originators of milk chocolate, don't use cocoa in their syrup. They've joined the anti-chocolate in his drive for world domination.

True Moo is all right, unless you get a larger container. True Moo, when I look at the ingredients, has real chocolate and whole milk. Larger containers are 2%, or at times 1%. Hershey's chocolate milk, if you can find it, is skim. Nestle, when you can find it, is 2% or less. I ask you, do you look at a bottle of chocolate milk and say, "hey, it's tasteless and boring compared to the goodness of whole milk, so it must be healthy!" Neither do I. I was raised on unpasteurized, unseparated whole milk that was still warm from the udder. I'm 6'7", 225 lbs, and in perfect (relative) health for a 46 year old male. Do you drink 2%? Shame on you! Have you ever considered that this is why you're a laundry-list of symptoms?

Stand for America. Stand for Justice. Stand for all that is good and right in America. Stand proudly in the dairy aisle of your supermarket and exclaim to all the world, "This is tasteless and bland, and I'm not going to drink it any more!!!" Chocolate milk, made with real chocolate and real milk, is our human right and national heritage.

Healthniks, you can have your tasteless soy, your seaweed soup, and your fruit juice smoothies. KEEP YOUR DEMENTED MITTS OFF MY CHOCOLATE MILK!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with chocolate milk with some good D Milk. I dont care what they say.

Ohhhh, and if you put Chocolate into Milk from the Utter?? Even better!!!!!
edit on 27-10-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

Chocolate milk is the nectar of the gods- thou shalt not corrupt it!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I read that cocoa is going into a shortage in the near future. Are you sure health concerns are the reason why it's being kept out of so many food products?
Speaking of Hershey's, I've always disliked it. It doesn't taste like chocolate. I mean, it does, but it also doesn't. Too sharp and sweet.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

They add something to everything so yes, of course there is extra stuff in Hersheys. Now, to address the question of why they add so much to natural stuff is it certainly helps to add something to dilute the goodness.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

I had to click on this rant because I mighttt have been drinking a glass of chocolate milk when you posted this...tee-hee.
I've noticed lately the same issue you have. But my biggest pet peeve is if I get it already fixed in a jug, it's not chocolatey enough for me, and like you said not even always chocolate.
I've had to buy my own milk (artificial hormone free, yes I'm a freak about my milk) and buy syrup to mix it with myself to get the right taste.
Also, if you try the small bottles you find a a gas station, you should get Double Chocolate Chocolate Nestlé Milk, it's heavenly.
I'm getting tired of chocolate not being chocolate anymore because I cant even eat a kit-kat or drink a yoo-hoo anymore, read the ingredients and you'll see why, not one bit of chocolate in either.. Yuck.
Seriously though, try the double chocolate chocolate nestle, you'll love it.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Will Smith as Agent J gets a craving for Chocolate milk when he goes through a time slip in the new MiB film.
Second line.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
who the hell drinks chocolate milk?
i'll tell you, children drink chocolate milk! grow up

lol well i hate chocolate and i hate milk so i shouldn't really comment.
oh well too late

edit on 27-10-2012 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Kids can have Yoo-Hoo. Adults drink the rich Coburg chocolate milk with 400 calories per individual-sized bottle.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I agree. In particular nesquick tastes like corn syrup to me.

I made a rant thread about fake chocolate syrup once. Everythings fake...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

There is chocolate milk everywhere.
They are simply not in unison.
You have to introduce them to each other.
Shake things up.

I think what you are looking for is technically a black goo made from synthetic (though FDA approved) chemicals and food coloring added to a hydrogenated chemical sweetener and corn derivative added with a host of other unnatural and artificial flavorings to whole or skim milk.

You can't get that anymore????

What is this damn world coming to?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

You can still drink chocolate milk!

With the introduction of TruMoo, more than 26 million pounds of sugars – or 40 billion calories – have been removed from milk served in schools and retail across the country. TruMoo is made with nutrient-rich white milk and contains no high fructose corn syrup or artificial growth hormones. momstart.com...

edit on 28-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

Make your own chocolate milk....get some really good milk...and add your own homemade chocolate syrup.

The recipe for the chocolate syrup is simple and delicious!

Link: smallnotebook.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Lose the milk, keep the chocolate.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Scientists at Elsie Pharm Labs have finally reported their success in creating the world's
first genetically modified chocolate bovine species. Dr. Udder, a spokesman for the team
of scientists responsible issued this statement;

"After many unsuccessful attempts to persuade lab-cows to go on a strict diet of cocoa beans and sugar, we decided to genetically splice the DNA from a cocoa bean into a bovine host. The results have been amazing, and I am happy to report that we have successfully created the world's first chocolate-milk cow!

As amazed and pleased as we were at our own success, several of our scientists, not resting on their laurels, have begun research into combining DNA from Arctic Bovine (with epilepsy) and Chocolate Bovine to create, what we hope will be, the world's first Chocolate Shake Cow..."

When later asked about any plans for continued further research into bio-engineered products, Dr Udder
had this to say off the record;

"...Let's just say the we're looking into combing elements of our chocolate bovine with certain genes of a modified peanut species....and well, Reese's had better watch his back....that's all I have to say."

edit on 28-10-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I too, am a life long lover (addict) of chocolate milk. I took my first swig of the brown nectar of the gods in first grade. The delivery system was a glass bottle, with a cardboard stopper. Even though it's been almost a lifetime since that day, I still remember it like it was yesterday. It's the only thing I can remember about that schools lunchroom. After that I made my mother give me enough money to buy 2 bottles everyday.

Being the chocolate milk lover that I am, I can honestly say many brands I've tasted, taste like yuck. Actually most of them. Also, even good tasting brands have some trouble with consistency. Here in Dallas we have a chocolate milk crisis. The best tasting brand of all time was Schepps. Schepps recently sold out to Oak Farms. Oak Farms chocolate milk was always inferior. It now seems that Oak Farms decided to drop the Schepps formula and keep using their original for both brands. They can't fool me. I was afraid they would do that when I first found out about it.

Now I'm forced to make do with Borden's. It's never been as good as Schepps, but it's not terrible. I'm starting to get used to it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
I too, am a life long lover (addict) of chocolate milk. I took my first swig of the brown nectar of the gods in first grade. The delivery system was a glass bottle, with a cardboard stopper. Even though it's been almost a lifetime since that day, I still remember it like it was yesterday. It's the only thing I can remember about that schools lunchroom. After that I made my mother give me enough money to buy 2 bottles everyday.

Being the chocolate milk lover that I am, I can honestly say many brands I've tasted, taste like yuck. Actually most of them. Also, even good tasting brands have some trouble with consistency. Here in Dallas we have a chocolate milk crisis. The best tasting brand of all time was Schepps. Schepps recently sold out to Oak Farms. Oak Farms chocolate milk was always inferior. It now seems that Oak Farms decided to drop the Schepps formula and keep using their original for both brands. They can't fool me. I was afraid they would do that when I first found out about it.

Now I'm forced to make do with Borden's. It's never been as good as Schepps, but it's not terrible. I'm starting to get used to it.

Also on a related subject, Nesquik. What happened? Now it tastes like yuck. They've obviously changed it too. After drinking it all my life I can't stand it now. No matter what purportion I mix it, it isn't right. All that's left is the pink Nesquik syrup, not the power though. The pink syrup still tastes the same, but it was never as good as the chocolate. I never did care the Nesquik chocolate syrup either, only the power.

I blame this on the democrats.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
Kids can have Yoo-Hoo. Adults drink the rich Coburg chocolate milk with 400 calories per individual-sized bottle.

Sorry, but YooHoo tastes like chocolate water. I can tell right off you're not a chocolate milk lover, or even a milk lover. Drinking it is like eating chocolate cake without milk. It's like drinking sea water, it just makes you thirstier.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by herrw

You can still drink chocolate milk!

With the introduction of TruMoo, more than 26 million pounds of sugars – or 40 billion calories – have been removed from milk served in schools and retail across the country. TruMoo is made with nutrient-rich white milk and contains no high fructose corn syrup or artificial growth hormones. momstart.com...

edit on 28-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

TruMoo just doesn't cut it. It runs about the middle of the pack, no higher.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by herrw

Just a thought but why not buy real chocolate, powder it down and then mix it into milk? Hey presto, proper chocolate milk.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join