It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Storm/Hurricane Sandy Predicted on Reddit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

From what she said, the daughter and SIL where brought in and made to sign a non-disclosure agreement saying they would tell no one, under the penalty of treason, what they were told during the meeting. They were told that in 4-6 weeks (this was around 9/20) the East Coast would experience some type of disaster that would cause it to be under water. They were also told to make a go bag and be prepared to leave at a moments notice.

Source

I didn't see this posted on ATS yet. What do you all think? Is this a case of, "if everybody predicts everything all the time, something's going to happen eventually", or is it legit? I guess we'll know in a couple days for sure.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

From what she said, the daughter and SIL where brought in and made to sign a non-disclosure agreement saying they would tell no one, under the penalty of treason, what they were told during the meeting. They were told that in 4-6 weeks (this was around 9/20) the East Coast would experience some type of disaster that would cause it to be under water. They were also told to make a go bag and be prepared to leave at a moments notice.

Source

I didn't see this posted on ATS yet. What do you all think? Is this a case of, "if everybody predicts everything all the time, something's going to happen eventually", or is it legit? I guess we'll know in a couple days for sure.

I think you got it right with your first guess. But this one is spooky.
Is it true that military bases were evacuated?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Well it certainly is interesting... perhaps something is going on.. perhaps it's a coincidence... i guess we'll find out in a few days.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Nice catch, actually it was just mentioned earlier on this thread as well.

What Are The Chances?!? Hurricane 'Sandy' Drill From 1997

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
In Maryland here. Already in a state of emergency. Not saying that we will be under water but my town "Chesapeake Beach" just might have a flood problem.

Lucky to be on one of the highest hills in town

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Considering how secret military movements can be, there's no way to confirm it.

reply to post by KaiserSoze

Yeah, there are a lot of conspiracies surrounding this thing that don't usually pop up with other tropical storms/hurricanes. Even Hurricane Katrina didn't get as much hype as this one is getting.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I think it's because this storm is a little different than the others. It is massive in size and it is going to merge with 2 other storms. I live in Pittsburgh, Pa and we here are under a tropical storm warning. Now we do get the dregs of other hurricanes with the rains but I don''t believe Pittsburgh has ever been under this kind of warning before.

As to this prediction itself, it was posted 22 days ago before this hurricane even formed. There is another thread on ats about maybe it being a haarp induced hurricane, you might want to check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm near Buffalo NY and it's raining. Maybe the basement will flood a little, but nothing I'd consider a disaster.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Would you guys stop freaking over frankenstorm. It's just a Hurricane 1. I've been through worse categories hurricanes that did a lot more damage then a 1. This is nothing.It be there and gone before you know it.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Would you guys stop freaking over frankenstorm. It's just a Hurricane 1. I've been through worse categories hurricanes that did a lot more damage then a 1. This is nothing.It be there and gone before you know it.

Hey look at me. I like to reply from my pedastool when i have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about..

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

I don't believe anyone on this thread is "freaking over frankenstorm". I do believe we are speculating about this storm and discussing the fact that some random person made a prediction 22 days ago about something that may or may not be related to this storm. Some of us have also been through hurricanes before as well and I'm sure all of us realize that a cat 1 is nothing more than an exaggerated thunderstorm however, again this storm is very large and is supposed to be joined by other storm fronts so that is worthy of discussion.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I was reading something about how the chinese and russians have openly used technology that would somehow make water droplets in the air/clouds very very very tiny, so that they would remain in the cloud longer. Almost like time-release rain. They supposedly did this during the olympics (china, of course) and for some russian parade, so as not to get rained on. I forget if I saw this in the reddit thread or somewhere else I was reading. Maybe it was in the HAARP / Sandy thread here. Someething about how they used lots of jets and rocket launchers or something like that to accomplish this. Keeping that in mind (and the OP, of course):

1- My GF works near a local Air Force Base, and she said the recent level of activity has been MASSIVE as compared to usual.

2- Outside earlier, as soon as I stepped out I noticed not only the low-hanging dark clouds, but that there were little droplets of water falling. Very very very very teeny tiny droplets of water. Far smaller than I normally ever see. So small it could almost be called "mist" but not in a cloud/fog... but slowly, barely dripping, bit by bit from the sky. I immediately thought of the comment about the chinese / russians.

If they flood the east coast with HAARP, there are going to be a lot of unhappy folks -- as this will not stay quiet.

Heck, I say even their fore-knowledge without warning the public (assuming they actually know something) would be despicable and treasonous.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

So this poster heard from his mom's best friend's son-in-law/daughter that supposedly signed a non-disclosure agreement under the penalty of treason -- and the best place to post it is on the gigantic pop-culture website "Reddit" known to be the largest cesspool of internet liars, trolls and college kids having fun; where "free-speech" reigns, while pictures of young ladies are distributed by self-described "free-speech advocates"? That reddit?

Everything seems very specific in the post. Best friend, 37 years, someone I trust, special forces, related to (well, just says mom is married to military man) and his best-friends brother who disappeared. Why would the daughter be called in? Is she also in the military as a "high-up" in special-forces at a base that supposedly has no special-forces command at it?

I dunno, I know this is a conspiracy web-site and I am not knocking anyone's speculation but my gut calls bull-squeeze. Someone rolled the dice, made a story and is darn close on it.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Its possible the USA have tech that will allow them to see significant weather events in the near future, I suspect this tech is not nearly as crazy as sinething like a time machine. But simply something along the lines of super computer measuring weather patterns and "forward forecasting" possible scenarios allowing for sun/moon and outer planets impacting regions way into the future of the normal 1 week long forecast we are used to now.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
I dunno, I know this is a conspiracy web-site and I am not knocking anyone's speculation but my gut calls bull-squeeze. Someone rolled the dice, made a story and is darn close on it.

I really do hope you're right. If so, that is one fairly impressive coincidence. I suppose stranger has happened before.

However, if the east coast floods to the point of major destruction / evacuation, I think I'll choose to believe this was legitimate advance knowledge. And I'm sure lots of others will feel the same.

Also, there is no speculation here. The only "speculation" is whether this person is telling the truth, or has simply made a very accurate-sounding guess. Given the odds of such an accurate sounding guess coming from someone without bona fide psychic abilities, I would say it's not totally illogical or unreasonable to "speculate" that this person may be telling the truth.
edit on 28-10-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Quite true all in all that if it were just someone spitting out a story it would be eerie. Then again, I am sure someone here on ATS (well, not just sure, very positive) make daily predictions of some cataclysmic event. When you make them often, law of probability will eventually be on your side.

To each their own.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Dangit ... reddit gets all the good predictions.

Come on ATS prophets you guys got to step it up ...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Quite true all in all that if it were just someone spitting out a story it would be eerie. Then again, I am sure someone here on ATS (well, not just sure, very positive) make daily predictions of some cataclysmic event. When you make them often, law of probability will eventually be on your side.

To each their own.

I don't read reddit conspiracies all the time (well, really ever before this) so i can't say whether predictions are made there all the time. I will say that even if they had the volume of crazy predictions we get, hitting on something this accurate would seem significant to me. \

I understand that in the age of high speed connections and ubiquitous moblie devices, there are more liars online than stars in the sky. And while I like to think I have a healthy level of skepticism, especially when it comes to people making claims like this, I can't just write a claim like this off as "probably a liar" because if it's true, there may not be enough of a chance to get the info out later.

I read something online about a guy who wrote a book... he was completely convinced that there was going to be a false flag at the superbowl. So convinced he wrote this ebook and distributed it widely... so wiidely (he claims) that so many people were informed of this possible false flag, that they had no choice but NOT go through with it.

Maybe that guy was full of it. (he had a somewhat convincing argument, though I admit I didn't read too in-depth, as I found this material a while after the fact). But I did kind of like the idea. The idea that if knowledge of some plot were uncovered, that maybe it could even be stopped, by knowledge being spread.

Of course, they could choose to carry on regardless of public knowledge-- but then they would either need to answer some questions, or otherwise engage in a complete, overt "take over." Maybe that superbowl guy looks like a nutjob. Who knows... maybe he is. I do know one thing for sure, though: There was no violence at the Superbowl.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Please understand I am not trying to goad you or argue any point. I think you make some excellent observations. Curious though, not because of anything you said, but no one bothered to question the "special forces" person at a base that has no special forces unit stationed at it? Of course, the post in question has distanced themselves from absolutes: information obtained from a friend of a friend, they 'think' the son-in-law is stationed there, etc, etc.

It is amazing that the post does coincide with hurricane Sandy and it does go against my general principle that there are no coincidences; so who knows up to this point.

top topics

join